Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by themadman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My HS2 has PA1 I tried burning L2 and when I install it the machine it will not boot. I purchased an L2 version and get the same result. The L1 chip is a 27c040 and the new chips are 27c4001. I thought these were compatible chips.
Does the sound rom have to be upgraded at the same time? It is currently PA1

#2 9 years ago

Be sure to insert the ROM in the socket correctly, lining up the notch on the chip with the notch on the socket. There is no difference between a 27c040 and 27c4001. What happens when you put the original chip back in - does it boot? Sound ROMs will not keep the MPU from booting.

viperrwk

#3 9 years ago

Installing correctly and it boots when I put the original back in.

#4 9 years ago

I would verify the image you burned on the ROM and the one you bought against your download. It's possible you have two bad ROMs - I had this happen to me where I pulled a 27c040 and then a 27c4001 right after where they both tested blank ok but I could not write the first one and I could write the second one but it would not verify. It happens.

viperrwk

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from hobbypin:

Installing correctly and it boots when I put the original back in.

1. Make sure the notch is in the right place, I know you said it was installed correctly, but there's been an overwhelming number of posts that the label being right side up on the eprom and not the notch on the eprom makes it correct.

Is the Prototype eprom that works only a 2 Meg and not a 4 Meg? The board may have to be rejumpered for 4 Meg eproms.

Remove batteries, open coin door, change eprom, power up without closing coin door and without batteries.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-l2-eprom-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.