Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ChrisVW
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

high speed mods (front:off).JPG
image-547.jpg
image-294.jpg
image-225.jpg
image.jpg
FEB 04 2014_04.JPG

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 5 years ago

Awesome mod

#3 5 years ago

I recently bought the Mountain mod for the Getaway, and couldn't be happier. The key mod is pretty easy to do, but I like the look of this one.

#4 5 years ago

Nicely done. Does the key cylinder spring back to 'off' if you rotate and release it?

Some people have taken the key starter button from Checkpoint and retrofitted to HS2. The checkpoint key starter has a nice feel to it since it springs back to the neutral position ('off') once you release it. New Checkpoint start buttons don't seem to exist anymore so you'd need to find one being parted.

#5 5 years ago

Seems like that would work on High Speed also.
Anyone know for sure?

#6 5 years ago

There used to be a similar mod that was very popular at one point. When I first got into the hobby, everyone i knew who had a getaway had this mod done, and I thought it was standard.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from jgreene:

Nicely done. Does the key cylinder spring back to 'off' if you rotate and release it?
Some people have taken the key starter button from Checkpoint and retrofitted to HS2. The checkpoint key starter has a nice feel to it since it springs back to the neutral position ('off') once you release it. New Checkpoint start buttons don't seem to exist anymore so you'd need to find one being parted.

Yes, when the key is turned 1/4 to the right the switch is fully engaged and when you release it will spring back to "off" position. The key is also removable (spare key included).

Quoted from RCA1:

Seems like that would work on High Speed also.
Anyone know for sure?

I don't have a HS (or any System 11's) to test with but I did test fit with a few WPC games. There's a small keyed notch in the top that keeps the mod from spinning when the key is turned. As long as that cutout exists on the sys 11 cab the mod should work.

#8 5 years ago

Thanks for posting! I've been looking for this for a while. Just ordered.

#9 5 years ago

I have the Checkpoint starter in my getaway. You can find them used sometimes but normally new around $70.00. Marco used to sell them. I like the look of this one and might grab one as a spare. Thanks for posting.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I have the Checkpoint starter in my getaway. You can find them used sometimes but normally new around $70.00. Marco used to sell them. I like the look of this one and might grab one as a spare. Thanks for posting.

I have the same installed on mine and Happ charges a ton of money like most of their parts:

http://na.suzohapp.com/driving/50600300.htm

So it's nice to see there is a cheaper alternative offered by PinballToys. You can find the checkpoint key starter pretty cheap on ebay from time to time and that is where I picked up mine. It's a very nice mod and fits the theme perfectly. Neat feature is if you keep the key turned the engine will also keep cranking until you let go.

#11 5 years ago

Hard Drivin/Race Drivin arcade video games had a similar start button with a key like that. May be another option for modders.

#12 5 years ago

I bought one of the mountains yesterday, someone bought one of the brown ones just around the time I did, heck,,, I don't even have an HS2 right now (just a solid lead for one that is off route now), but will in 2014!

1 week later
#13 5 years ago

I've got about 6 of these left in stock if anyone else is interested.

I hope everyone who has received them so far is enjoying them.

3 weeks later
#14 5 years ago

Installed this inexpensive key mod with an extra I added myself . . .FEB 04 2014_04.JPG

#15 5 years ago

The Getaway was way ahead of its time. If it originally came with a key, we'd be replacing it with a push button starter...

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

The Getaway was way ahead of its time. If it originally came with a key, we'd be replacing it with a push button starter...

Nowhere to mount a paddle shifter though . . .

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Best comment i've read all day!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead87:

Best comment i've read all day!

Why, thank you!

#19 5 years ago

Wonder if this mod would work in the new mustang pin? Anyone ever try a key mod with a Stern game?

I saw on a another thread where I guy put a key start in a High speed.

2 weeks later
#20 5 years ago

Received mine in the mail yesterday. What a bang for your buck! The installation is well documented and the item is exactly as described. I can't wait to install it. Thanks Chris!

#21 5 years ago

Just bought the key mod as well as the mountain. $150 = poof - but well worth it once installed!

#22 5 years ago

key mod ordered! now says this item sold, may have got the last one of this run, good timing

#23 5 years ago

Just got an email back from Chris. He made a few more last night and updated the site to show availability.

#24 5 years ago

Remember a couple months back seeing a corvette with a similar mod to this

1 week later
#25 5 years ago

Are they still available ? I need one ...

1 week later
#26 5 years ago

Great item .....thank you .

#27 5 years ago

Someone say key mod?

image.jpg
#28 5 years ago

so are the key mods all gone now? I went to the website and it says sold...are any of the newer ones still available?

Thanks.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

so are the key mods all gone now? I went to the website and it says sold...are any of the newer ones still available?
Thanks.

I should have more for sale by the end of the week. I'll update this thread when they are back in stock. Sorry for the delay.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Someone say key mod?

Nice!

Robert

#32 5 years ago

I had my blue plastic break when installing (the piece that keeps the wire to the joint) but I just soldered it back together, and used some isolation tape on the area...

Great looking mod, I love it

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

That's where all the Getaway start buttons went - into real cars.

#34 5 years ago

A really badly beat up checkpoint for $100 was parted out to do the key mod on mine. Probably my favorite mod on a game.

#35 5 years ago

If anyone is curious to see it in person, the key mod will be on display at Texas Pinball Festival this weekend.

#36 5 years ago

i guess the key mod never made it on routed getaways... because you can remove the key from the ignition haha

3 months later
#37 5 years ago

Anymore of these around?

#38 5 years ago

Bought mine on etsy a couple months ago but looks like they are sold out at the moment.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/174175696/key-mod-for-high-speed-ii-the-getaway?ref=listing-shop-header-0

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

Bought mine on etsy a couple months ago but looks like they are sold out at the moment.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/174175696/key-mod-for-high-speed-ii-the-getaway?ref=listing-shop-header-0

I'll have a few more made up this week. Probably Monday or Tuesday.

#40 4 years ago

Anyone knowing this mod will work on mustang? Bay areaamusements sells a stern start button for. Getaway so I think it might.

#41 4 years ago

Etsy is a great cheap way to sell goods. (must be hand made) Way better than epay.

Nice mod and glws.

#42 4 years ago

I installed mine a couple of months ago.

Robert

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Anyone knowing this mod will work on mustang? Bay areaamusements sells a stern start button for. Getaway so I think it might.

Do you know if the cabinet style is the same as Tron? I have access to a Tron, I could try it and let you know.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Do you know if the cabinet style is the same as Tron? I have access to a Tron, I could try it and let you know.

Not sure. I think if it will work in a newer stern it should also probably work in mustang. Let us know. Thanks

#45 4 years ago

Seriously, does nobody care that this looks like a house key? Completely ruins it for me.

#46 4 years ago

I ordered the ignition cylinder and going to make one for my HS2. This is what the hole looks like so you can check the other machines. I will see if I can get a cooler key made or make something myself.

image-225.jpg

#47 4 years ago

image-547.jpgAlmost perfected, I choose to cover the wear spot due to the start button.
image-294.jpg

#48 4 years ago

Here is the final version, with LEDs.

#49 4 years ago

Cool. I like the LEDs. Although I'm not sure I'd stick with yellow even though the current start button is yellow. The key is a definite improvement.

#50 4 years ago

yeah i did that about 3 years ago on my high speed (don't have it anymore).
i went all mcgyver on this.
real lock, plate and a simple switch inside the cab, works flawlessly.

high speed mods (front:off).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
4,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Middletown, DE
$ 16.00
$ 399.95
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside