Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinsanity
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have a problem with my HS2. Everytime I turn it off and turn back on, it keeps on resetting itself to factory setting. It was running just fine couple days ago and just started doing this. What could be the cause for this? I checked the batteries on the board and they check out just fine. Any help will be greatly appciated. thank you.

#2 5 years ago

Bad solider joint on the battery holder.
With the game off, put your DMM on DC volts and put the black lead on ground (the grounding strap or on one of the screws holding the CPU board in place). Put the red lead on each of the CPU board's POSITIVE battery terminal SOLDER POINTS. Test each of the three batteries' positive leads individually. You should get about 1.5, 3.0, or 4.5 volts at each

Or...
your game off and batteries installed, put your DDM on DC volts and put the black lead on the backbox ground strap. Then put the red lead on diode D2 on the CPU board. The banded side of the diode should show about .5 volts less than the non-banded side (which should be about 4.3 volts). If only one side of the diode shows voltage, this 1N4148 diode is bad.

Next test for voltage at the CPU U8 RAM chip. With the game off, you should get about 4.3 volts DC at pins 26, 27 or 28 of chip U8. If you don't, the battery voltage is not getting to the U8 RAM chip, and the game will boot up with the "Factory Settings Restored" error. Note pin 28 of the 28 pin U8 chip is in the same position as pin 1 of the chip, but on the opposite row of pins. Pin 1 is designated with an impressed "dot" right on the top of the chip.

#3 5 years ago

batteries may be good, but what about the battery holder? is it loose? also is there any battery damage on the mpu?

#4 5 years ago

no battery damage so I'll do all the test erak posted and report back. you guys are awesome.

#5 5 years ago

Take the CPU board out, flip it over and reflow the solder (heat until it partially liquifies) on the centre battery holder terminals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-keeps-going-back-to-factory-setting?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.