New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 99817)

** HS2 Illuminated Key Mod ** by MEZELmods

By Tmezel

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Tmezel
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-648.jpg
image.jpg
image-211.jpg
image.jpg
pt.png
mezel.png
Im_so_popular.jpg
image.jpg
image-363.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Turn your HS2 start button into a car starter with Mezelmods LED key mod. Our mod comes with a green or red translucent insert with LEDs and a custom red 'G' key. Before start of the game it flashes and during gameplay it is on.

Installation is easy, remove the old start button, insert the LEDS, ignition switch and plug it in.

http://mezelmods.com/collections/hs2/products/key-starter-with-led

image-363.jpgimage.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Nice.. can ya snap a pic without it lit up? I really like the mod...the light not so much

#3 6 years ago

Rock on Tim! Can you make it work for my Mustang please- red light!!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Rock on Tim! Can you make it work for my Mustang please- red light!!

I can probably do that, I will make it fit a newer Stern and get one shipped to you for testing.

#6 6 years ago

Order placed!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I can probably do that, I will make it fit a newer Stern and get one shipped to you for testing.

I'd buy one if test goes well.

#9 6 years ago

great mod. will order red one.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I am anxiously waiting!! I will install asap and post pics.. Thanks Tim

#11 6 years ago

Just ordered.

#12 6 years ago

I just ordered the Red Light'd mod .. $ 2.00 ship'n isn't bad either .. Thanxx bro

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Id pick one up for Nascar if you make one!

#14 6 years ago

Wow a 3D printed HS2 key mod, what an original idea.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Wow a 3D printed HS2 key mod, what an original idea.

The illumination is the originality, otherwise I would not of made it. Thanks for the feedback.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

The illumination is the originality, otherwise I would not of made it. Thanks for the feedback.

I guess I better add a single LED to my mountain then, before you start making "original mountains".

You could have at least changed the design some to make it look like your own deal. When I made mine people were just using a $100 checkpoint key and a metal plate. I didn't invent the key mod or anything and didn't claim to, but I at least made it look a little different from previous attempts. More than just adding a single led anyway...

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I guess I better add a single LED to my mountain then, before you start making "original mountains".
You could have at least changed the design some to make it look like your own deal. When I made mine people were just using a $100 Checkpoint key and a metal plate. I didn't invent the key mod or anything and didn't claim to, but I at least made it look a little different from previous attempts. More than just adding a single led anyway...

We had a very specific request from a guy from Australia to make it with an LED. Kristin can dig up the actual chat log. At this point we will suspend all sales until further notice. You can check the site now so you can see we have kept to our word. We will send the 2 sales we received this afternoon.

I think the other thing that happened, was that you ran out of stock, others did message me but I was unwilling to do it unless it was different. I thought the LED and the cover for the key was different enough.

The making the mountain comment was a bit harsh.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/174175696/the-original-custom-3d-printed-key-mod?ref=market

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

You could have at least changed the design some to make it look like your own deal. When I made mine people were just using a $100 Checkpoint key and a metal plate. I didn't invent the key mod or anything and didn't claim to, but I at least made it look a little different from previous attempts. More than just adding a single led anyway...

Are you seriously COMPLAINING about people making good affordable Mods!?!

Yeah Mez, quit making things that people want for their machines...thats just stupid and un-original.

#19 6 years ago

Are you kidding me. The mods don't look anything alike.

The "Original" key mod was simply stealing the key switch from a DE checkpoint and putting it on a Getaway (not sure what the metal plate is that you mention). Seen this done for almost 10 years now.

I see no problem with 2 different sellers making 2 different distinct mods.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Ummm...you also have the Getaway "G" incorporated into the key. +1 for originality. I seriously don't know how much more "original" you could get, its a round hole in a piece of wood your working with...

#21 6 years ago

Its different enough, carry on!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Last time I checked people were free to spend their own money anyway they wanted to. Mezel may have taken an existing idea and modified it. Most mods come from a need or an idea to improve on something... How is this different? Take your bitter personality somewhere else.. Let the people buy what they want and from whom they want - Tim, do not suspend sales there are people who choose to spend their money with YOU, because quality is top tier, Products are awesome and they like YOUR mod.. Carry on!

PS - my key should have M on it

#23 6 years ago

Please continue supplying us with great mods Mezel, if I had a hs2 I would be all over the one with the LED.

Nothing wrong with improving on an idea, as others have said Checkpoint had it years ago and I believe it may have been used on arcade games before that...

Carry on

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Tim & Kristin are nice people leave them alone.

Im_so_popular.jpg

No offense either one of you. But the key looks cheesy!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Did you patent your product?

The mezel led lit looks very different from your hs2 key start.

This same "you copied" me talk happened in the topper world as well. These are different products of the same nature. There is nothing wrong with it. If you want to sell more, market, change, invent new. There is no wrong doing here. It is business. If mezel had copied your cad/cnc/3d maker file and it looked the exact same lip etc. THEN you could bring that up.

Mezel
mezel.png

vw's
pt.png

Thank you for making this Tim. Hope you can make similar lit starters for more car games!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

PS - my key should have M on it

I just ordered one as well. Can I get a B on mine??

#27 6 years ago

Everyone getting their initials on them or what? Mine's the one that says 'BAD MOTHERF**KER' on it.

#28 6 years ago

G for Getaway, M for Mustang, C for Corvette, B for .... ?

#29 6 years ago

Looks like Toyota got around the B/W patent by changing the push button from "start" to "power". BTW...kudos to B/W for being visionaries and using the push button starter years before the automotive industry.

image.jpg

image-211.jpg

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I just ordered one as well. Can I get a B on mine??

Lucky you, you got in before the lock down of the mod.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Tim & Kristin are nice people leave them alone.

No offense either one of you. But the key looks cheesy!

Im_so_popular.jpg 58 KB

I'm still laughing about this- great feedback with great humor, always a plus!

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Ya I ordered the Donut Haven mod as well as the led cop car. Gotta keep up with the Jones!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Bob

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

He's putting one on his Black Hole because it doesn't have enough mods. I ordered one for Big Buck Hunter.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

(not sure what the metal plate is that you mention)

There is a metal plate on the back of the Check Point start button. This plate is screwed right into the cabinet so that the start mechanism won't spin around when you twist the key. The type with just the screw down nut backs, (like what's used on a normal start button) end up loosening and spinning.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

this mod should be "unlocked"

#37 6 years ago

We've decided to 'unlock' the mod... lots of feedback and bottom line as is stated here there are enough differences in the mods to move forward.

#38 6 years ago

WTG Mrs. M! Thumbs up on that decision.

Can Mr. M make one NASCAR themed and in green?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

WTG Mrs. M! Thumbs up on that decision.
Can Mr. M make one Nascar themed and in green?

See if you have a starter hole that looks like this.

image.jpg

4 weeks later
#40 6 years ago

This is now available for Roadshow, working on a key cover. It's orange!

image-648.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 16.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside