(Topic ID: 51282)

HS2: Volume Issue (solved); Rear Ramp Problem--fixed, thanks!

By Billy16

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kehoe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I'm working on a Getaway I picked up over the weekend. Nice shape overall, but very neglected. Spent all afternoon re-sleeving coils, I'm sure that had not been done in many years.

The volume can't be turned down past 8. Any ideas of why I can't zero this out and/or turn the volume down any further?

Last issue (so far) is the rear ramp doesn't seem to know it is all the way up. The coil keeps firing (even though the ramp is already up) and the game will not allow the gear shift to plunge the ball until the ramp figures out is it up. Is there an interlock between the ramp and the plunger, maybe a short between the two, or should I look for a switch problem on the ramp?

Thanks for any help--I'm sure there will be more...

#6 10 years ago

Thank you all very much for the help, I'll get on it tomorrow!

Billy16

#9 10 years ago

Thank you all very much for the help, I'll tackle this this afternoon. The only drag is I'm missing a playfield skid, which makes raising the playfield a real chore...

#10 10 years ago

OK, I ran a check on the ramp switch--it seemed to check OK as I ran a "ramp check". Up and down, open and closed no problemo. Ramp still tried to fire "up" upon the start of the game. So I adjusted and adjusted and re-adjusted this ramp switch, things have only gotten worse. The ball used to plunge more often than not--as the ramp would finally quit firing "up". Now the plunger won't fire the ball at all. As soon as the first ball trips the switch underneath it (waiting to be plunged), the rear ramp tries to pop up continuously--even though it is up. If you skip the plunge and just roll a ball into the playfield to start, the ramp continually jumps up and down. Didn't used to do that. Do I replace or keep trying to adjust that switch--or where do I go from here? Sorry for the frustration, but this problem won't even allow me to play the game--bummer!

Thanks!

#13 10 years ago

OK, I will look at that, thanks.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from kehoe:

I had a similar problem with my ramp. In tests it would work fine but in game it would constantly try to go up at the start of the game and the ball wouldn't plunge. For me the issue was solely with the ball not plunging. There was some broken solder preventing power to the plunger. When I fixed the solder and stopped having plunger issues the ramp worked perfectly.

Thanks for this, I think I will run this down as it seems like you have just described my main problem exactly. I think I just made things worse by adjusting the switch, I'll put it back to where it was and start over. Can you show (via a photo) or tell me where your problem was so I can check the same area?

Thanks!

Billy

#17 10 years ago

I will do that, this seems to be the exact thing I am dealing with.

#18 10 years ago

kehoe, you were right on the money. I had to solder one side of the coil twice before I finally fixed it--I believe the lug itself is almost shot but I was able to solder it back together. Thanks for helping me get my game up and running!

B16

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Trade
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-volume-issue-and-rear-ramp-problem-need-some-help?tu=billy16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.