7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Ecw0930
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyohtay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello,

I recently had a reset on my Getaway with the playfield tilted up to change a bulb and afterwards I get a Shifter Error. The shifter does not work at all

I found a wire loose on the J206 connector and subsequently repinned the entire connector. I also ended up rebuilding the shifter microswitch area with new switches, diodes, wires, etc because of some previous owners shoddy work and a poor feeling switch. The error didn't go away. The shifter switches do not activate during the switch edge test. It turns out, everything on column 3 on the switch matrix are not working as well (green/orange wire). In the switch edge test screen, the matrix looks like it should on a working Getaway

I went through and checked the continuity of the wires on all the green/orange, white/yellow and white/orange wires in the playfield and down to the shifter and nothing is shorted to ground. I also checked the function of the switched on column 3 with a DMM by operating them by hand.

I also looked at the CPU board to see if any of the ICs looked burnt and nothing is obvious.

What I think I am down to is:

1. diodes are backwards on the microswitches (I am pretty sure they are correct)
2. bad chipset on the CPU board

What are people's opinions? Also does anyone have a good picture of the shifter microswitch wiring so I can crosscheck my work?

-Gary

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Easy to compare diodes to every switch in your game. Silver band end of diode and white wire there, green wire there, black end of diode there.
Other than stripes on the wires, base color and diode orientation is the same on every switch.
Unplug the shifter connector from the bottom of CPU, if error remains you know you hurt the CPU. Switch IC's like U20 and LM339's don't show burn unless you get really creative.
LTG : )

Oh yeah, good point on looking at other switches for reference.

Update: I've now getting Opto errors too. Looks like the mainboard needs some RnR.

-Gary

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyohtay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-shifter-error?tu=Coyohtay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.