(Topic ID: 204754)

HS2 Getaway Never Ending Multiball

By pinballrebel

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

This odd problem popped up when we used this game in a tourney. I have no clue what is causing it. Any advice would be appreciated. All switches test fine and the correct number of balls are installed in the game.

The game will play fine until it starts a multiball (It doenst matter which one). And then it will go into an endless multiball. The game will just continue to serve up drained balls and the ball save light never goes out.

Any thoughts??

Ken

#2 6 years ago

Its a glitch in the software. What rom are you using ? Most people use L2 as it seems to be the least glitchy.

#3 6 years ago

That's a bug that actually occurs in the L2 rom. It's not technically neverending, it lasts for 512 seconds or something like that. But almost 9 minutes of multiball does feel like forever and takes the fun out of the game quickly.

I prefer P7 rom for home use (not so good on location because it's missing some of the audits and troubleshooting mechanisms in the programming, including ramp on/off for when the ramp needs severe maint). And I prefer L5 for location use - it does have a bug that can turn red light mania into normal multiball, but only very serious players would ever realize this.

#4 6 years ago

I have seen that happen when secret mania is activated (three cars shown on screen during a lock animation, move shifter up and down several times to activate mode).

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballrebel:

This odd problem popped up when we used this game in a tourney. I have no clue what is causing it. Any advice would be appreciated. All switches test fine and the correct number of balls are installed in the game.
The game will play fine until it starts a multiball (It doenst matter which one). And then it will go into an endless multiball. The game will just continue to serve up drained balls and the ball save light never goes out.
Any thoughts??
Ken

So, what ROM version are you running? L2 is the most popular, and does have this bug, but seems to be very rare for most (probably 1 out of 100 games for me). Not sure what specific circumstances create the bug, but would be nice to know if completely random or if it can be created on demand.

Also, there is some talk on this throughout the Getaway owners thread.

#6 6 years ago

Im running L2 and in the few years ive owned this pin ive never had this issue. Makes you wonder if there is something other than the Rom at play here ???

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Im running L2 and in the few years ive owned this pin ive never had this issue. Makes you wonder if there is something other than the Rom at play here ???

I've never saw it till now. It seems not to matter which multiball either. Even the random one from the kickout saucer does it.

Ken

1 year later
#9 4 years ago

It's happened to me about 3 or 4 times in the 3 years or so that I've owned the pin (running L2).

Read here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-is-in-the-house-multiball-bug#post-242434

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Trade
$ 72.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-never-ending-multiball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.