(Topic ID: 137570)

HS2 Getaway Ball Shooter lane fires crooked

By MaxPinball

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

hi - on my getaway, the ball recently stopped shooting out with full force. I then noticed when watching it that it shoots toward the lefts, bobbles around and then comes out, but really at an impaired speed and does not go around. I noticed wood worn down on the left of the shooter lane where it must have been hitting for some time. when I put my finger in the lane to keep the ball left, it fires hard and all the way around. I didn't see any way to adjust the lane or the shooter. The shooter appears off center, but by design. Any thoughts or experience with this issue?

#2 8 years ago

You might be able to loosen the shooter assembly and turn a little. Coil sleeve worn ? Plunger worn ? Playfield support brackets bent and not keeping the playfield lined up good ( or cabinet isn't square anymore ) ?

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago

You can adjust the ball guide - the side wall that directs the ball path. Mine shot too low. Instead of going around the loop, the ball would hit the targets and often drained straight down the middle. There are screws holding the metal ball guide (metal wall on right of shooter lane) in place. You should be able to get to it without taking the right ramp off. One screw allows adjustments but the other does not. I removed the non adjusting screw and adjusted the ramp as far as it would go. It has been perfect ever since. I also adjusted the plunger tip to make contact dead center on the ball but don't think that made any difference.

#4 8 years ago

I had the same issue at one point. Here's the thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-plunger-alignment

#5 8 years ago

thanks. that is helpful, my plunger is way way aligned to the right. I now see there are two screws that can adjust to move it left again. it so far right, it kicks it left on the way out, and into the left side wall, that is wood, and it all beat up and worn now probably making the issue worse. This was helpful. thank you to all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-getaway-ball-shooter-lane-fires-crooked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.