(Topic ID: 118095)

HS2 Diverter

By amiga500

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

For the Getaway diverter, how is everyone's folded lip sitting when engaged? When mine is open it doesn't create a flush transition with the rail. The folded lip sticks out a bit and the ball hits it as it goes around.

#2 9 years ago

It should be flush against the metal ball guide that makes up the inside of the horseshoe loop. When you activate the diverter paddle by hand, does the coil plunger come into contact with the coil stop leaving the lip of the paddle sticking out into the ball path? If so, it sounds like your coil stop/ and or coil bracket under the diverter assembly needs to be adjusted to allow full travel of the paddle.

#3 9 years ago

#4 9 years ago

Should be able to loosen the set-screws, adjust the diverter shaft and re-tighten the set screws so everything is flush.

#5 9 years ago

There isn't clearance since it is touching the left side of the ramp. I would need to bend the vertical ramp section it hits but before I do that I just wanted to know what was normal.

#6 9 years ago

There is a tiny amount of adjustment in the mounting tab that fastens the vertical metal guide to the diverter assembly. Not much but there is a little. The screw that goes through the mounting tab has to be loosened and there is a lock nut on the underneath side I am pretty sure that will have to be loosened. Push the tab and metal guide to the left as far as it will go and tighten the screw.. Another option is to slightly elongate the hole/slot in the mounting tab to create a little more adjustment. A small round jewelers file could be used to elongate the hole, but don't do it to much.

#7 9 years ago

It isn't a matter of adjusting the diverter, it is hitting rail when it swings open and isn't sitting flush. All I need to know is if it is supposed to be flush by design when it is open.

#8 9 years ago

It should be flush, the ball should not strike the diverter paddle or anything else when making the entrance to the magnets; the smoother the ball travel the better as it enters the magnet cage.

#9 9 years ago

Hay,
I just fixed mine last night!
I had the same problem.
It was easy.
2 grub screws under the supercharger on the diverter shaft .
Loosen them,activate the diverter in test mode and push it over and tighten the screws up.
its a bit of a pain to get to the underside tho!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 72.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-diverter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.