image-24.jpg
image-134.jpg
image-428.jpg
image-588.jpg
image-513.jpg
IMG_0448.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have also most completed a final version of DH. The final model will be white with a colored door and the sign on the roof. This will replace the unsightly bare metal piece. It will use the existing screws. The roof is Spanish tile from Plasticstruct.

I can also make the building other colors if desired. Still thinking about pricing.

// Error: Image 121229 not found // // Error: Image 121230 not found // image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 10 years ago

The white colored Donut Heaven building as I type!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Here it is installed. I have to move the holes lower but getting very close. The bracket is no longer there and uses the existing screws.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#12 10 years ago

Moving the holes down as I type. It will fit. Fellow pinsider working on adding an LED mod to gently light it.

#16 10 years ago

It's gonna fit for sure. Here is what I am thinking on the left side but your feedback is welcome. The left side has that blank piece of plastic. I am making a road with 3d features. It will have a 1/32 cop car model with a flashing light bar. It will also have 3 street lights. The rub here is that the car is not scale to the building.

Maybe I should put a hot wheels scale cop car(s) on that piece and it would match the building better. I will get some mock ups here soon. The hot wheel version would not have a flashing light bar. The street lights will work too.

Of course this all depends when I get it all together.

#17 10 years ago

Here is a quick mock up. The building needs a bit more sizing so the glass fits. I did a quick prototype of a road which I added a hot wheels scale car. Now the road is elevated because of the wire form.

I never intended for this to fit as one scale piece. Would the hot wheels 1/64 scale car look better or the 1/32 car. I will add the other pic here soon.

#20 10 years ago

Wanted it to match the DMD picture...see first post.

#26 10 years ago

Sending the model to a fellow pinsider today for LED installation so by end of week it will be ready.

#29 10 years ago

I think the roof should say Donut Heaven

Did this last night. The decal will be more colorful, just black and white now.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#31 10 years ago

The cop cars and road would be separate from DH. It will replace that large piece of clear plastic.

#34 10 years ago

Yes the prototype is with a fellow pinsider to have a multiple colored selectable LED installation completed. I am thinking within two weeks we will be mass producing.

#36 10 years ago

I will take pics with several variations so we can determine the best one. Somewhat limited by the height.

#39 10 years ago

Update from my partner

I have 20 harnesses made up, and the soft white LEDs are en route. The tracking shows them to be in Chicago, so it won't be long now. My daughter designed a donut shop silhouette for the inside of the opaque windows. In one of the windows there is a fat cop holding a donut. I'll get pictures this weekend.

#44 10 years ago

Agree, on Saturday going to work on a face forwarding sign with LED backlighting.

1 week later
#49 10 years ago

The board on the printer went out should be getting a new one this week.

#51 10 years ago

Here is the prototype with a lighted inside. Also working on relocating the sign to the front and it will be back lighted.

#55 10 years ago

Yep, Spanish tile top. Going to make the sign blue. Everything is 3d printed except the roof.

#59 10 years ago

I am going crazy myself. I can't wait. I just have the plain prototype installed and it looks great. The LED version is going to be fantastic. Soon. Soon.

Also check this project out.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-3d-printed-road-with-carsworking-lights-prototype

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Looks cool. Any thoughts on an led display instead of the label? Maybe even make it scrolling?
Chris

The sign will be backlit with LEDs. A 2 inch strand will be inside the sign.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Are you taking preorders?

Anyone that expresses any interest such as yourself I will make sure you are on the list for direct communication when it is finished.

#74 10 years ago

I met you this year at the PHOF. You recommended that I play JM. Guess what it ships next week!

#75 10 years ago

Plug and play. The existing screws attach it.

#76 10 years ago

Guys just waiting for the LED strips...

#77 10 years ago

I was bored yesterday and made a speaker for my buddy's Metallica.

#80 10 years ago

Final version will have LEDs with alligator clips to attach to an existing connection. No soldering.

#82 10 years ago

I called Makerbot and they are overnighting my parts so I should receive them tomorrow. My support ticket got lost in electron heaven.

I have written everyone's name down that has expressed interest so no worries about not getting one. I plan to fill all the orders.

The final pricing will be finished after the LEDs are installed and the final model is complete.

1 week later
#91 10 years ago

Another revision. Need to fit the sign just a bit better. The roof was a piece of scrap and it a little short. Still waiting on the LEDs. I added a 'Open for 24 hours' decal on the side.

1 week later
#98 10 years ago

$60 no LEDs. $75 with LEDs, choice of red, blue and amber. Free shipping withing the US.

I will start notifying everyone that has send me a note or made a comment that they are interested when I make theirs. If not interested, I will move to the next person.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#101 10 years ago

I am already balled out. I have like 14 more projects going and I had to stop at some point.

#106 10 years ago

Production has begun. You have several colored windows to choose from. Here is gray primer and red. I did it in the dark so the sign does not show up as good as on the machine.

The battery is just for test purposes.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#107 10 years ago

Production has begun. You have several colored windows to choose from. Here is gray and yellow. You can also choose clear.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#108 10 years ago

Anyone that has expressed interest or PMed me, has an opportunity to pick one of these up. I will be PMing each of you as I get to your order to choose LEDs or not and the window color. I am trying to make 10 a week.

#110 10 years ago

Anyone wanting the Donut Heaven without LEDs I have 7 ready for shipping. LEDs arriving tomorrow.

#111 10 years ago

Production rolling. Number 1 and 2 off the line, going in the mail.

Go here to purchase.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Pinballmods?ref=search_shop_redirect

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

"Only ships within the US."

I will ship to you, just need to figure to get that setup in the store.

#115 10 years ago

The inside of the building only. I gotta get my pictures fixed.

#117 10 years ago

Here is a video with it installed to flash when the kickback targets are hit. I set this up for mine so you are looking that way when it flashes. There is a huge hole below the Donut Heaven spot so it is a piece of cake to drop the wires down and clip on with alligator clips to the flasher. I can also provide optional lengths of wire so you can choose to hook it up to anything 12v or less. This includes a lamp that is on all the time.

#119 10 years ago

Billy take a pic. You got #1. I got to see it next to the mountain

#122 10 years ago

I prefer setting up to any of the many flashers. When it is continuously illuminated you can see the shadow of the switches. The reason the DH is put here is that it covers the locked balls and it only requires the existing 2 screws to install.

At least when I was playing with it while it was continuously lighted it really did not bother me. You can always go with the non LED version, it's all up to personal preference.

#125 10 years ago

Shipping to Australia and Canada added to the ordering site.

#127 10 years ago

Just shoot me. It's a very cool picture with the mountain in the background. Maybe post tomorrow.

I DID IT!

#132 10 years ago

Blue windows now in stock. image-513.jpgimage-513.jpg

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Could you possibly cram even MORE stuff under the glass please??
Just yankin' your chain... not used to seeing HSII any other way than stock
Also wasn't there a piece of film for the windows that had a pic of little customers waving their coffee cups around, etc... ? That would hide the switches and give it some charm. Not sure where you would get this though...

If someone wants to do that I can manufacture them. I just don't have time, since I am trying to complete the Duff can and tornado for WOZ. I am just tacking in the plastic windows so in the future you could replace it.

#135 10 years ago

Better pictures of amber, gray, primer gray and redimage-134.jpgimage-134.jpgimage-428.jpgimage-428.jpgimage-24.jpgimage-24.jpgimage-588.jpgimage-588.jpg

#137 10 years ago

I am planning to produce a vinyl decal that will be applied to a clear piece of plastic that can easily be attached to the existing windows to better hide the switches inside the house.

For those that have already ordered, they will receive a free one on my dollar. For those that have not ordered, it will be available as a very cheap option to pick from.

Thank you for all the input, I thought this through and I gotta make this happen.

#139 10 years ago

Thanks, I am trying not to do mods that will not require a software update. Haha.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Looks great Tmezel! Are you using ABS or PLA?

PLA.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Just installed mine tonight. This looks like it was meant to be there from the factory. Cant wait to get the window decals it will really set it off! The ugly piece of metal is gone and now all I need is a mountain!

Thanks for the nice review. The install is simple on these, there is a nice sized hole below the switches the connection drops through to connect to the playfield to a 12v power source. No soldering required. I finally installed one of my own last night.

The only thing left is to get multiball and enjoy this nice addition.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Tmezel, the deal fell through on the sale of my HS2. Do you have any DH left?

Yes sir, production is in full swing.

#150 10 years ago

My install pics. Flashes when the right kickback targets are hit.

image-833.jpgimage-833.jpgimage-191.jpgimage-191.jpg

#152 10 years ago

Hobbylinc.com has a ton of textured sheets also. I was originally going to build the model from this stuff alone but it just did not work out. I actually use their Spanish tile, I think the O scale, for the roof.

1 week later
#156 10 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Are the silouhette decals available yet?

Sending my decal gal a Donut Heaven tomorrow as a matter of fact.

1 week later
#160 10 years ago

Need some feedback on an insert decal for the windows. What shall we put on it? Here is a quick sample.

viewer.pngviewer.png

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Did you ship mine to Denmark already, because that decal looks nice! (and if it hasn't shipped I'd like to maybe change my order to one with decal - Only if it hasn't shipped)

I will make sure you get the decal.

#164 10 years ago

How about this one? Give me some feedback. I am already going to have detail added to the door. Floor Mart will be deleted too.

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

#168 10 years ago

Maybe a combo, characters and signs. Remember we are trying to hide those damn switches.

1 week later
#178 10 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Got mine Wednesday. Looks great!

I still have not finalized a design. Thanks for more input. I will get at least two versions.

1 week later
#179 10 years ago

Has anyone hooked this up to any other flashers or just a 12v source? Enquiring minds want to know.

3 weeks later
#183 10 years ago

I just looked at the manual and the bolts are not listed. I will take mine to the hardware store and size them up.

Good feedback on the silhouette design, I will get back to it.

2 months later
#190 10 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Is this mod still available? Google'd it and all the results said it is no longer for sale - figured I'd come ping the OP or anyone who may know - thanks!

I was waiting for you. Congratulations on your new pin. Go here http://mezelmods.com

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I don't know if I should be honored or scared ...
Just bought the blue LED version - thank you!!!

Don't be afraid. You have a beautiful machine and that piece of metal has to go!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 72.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-3d-printed-donut-heaven?tu=tmezel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.