Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NewPinOwner
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Donuts_Installed.jpg
Donuts_PF.jpg
Untitled.png
viewer.png
20131109_135253.jpg
image-191.jpg
image-833.jpg
image.jpg
image-24.jpg
image-134.jpg
image-428.jpg
image-588.jpg
image-513.jpg
IMG_0448.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago

Hi - came across this if anyone wants to add some texture or a realistic cinder block look (or a different look) to the walls of the building of this excellent mod.

I figure HO scale would work, although I think it might be a bit on the large size (but I think N scale would be far too small).

Scroll down for other patterns.

http://www.micromark.com/Cinder-Block-Paper-4-Sheets-HO-Scale,8337.html

edit: also have plastic sheets of various patterns:
http://www.micromark.com/jtt-plastic-pattern-sheets-ho-scale-dressed-stone-75-x12-sheets-2-sheets-per-pkg,10414.html

http://www.micromark.com/building-materials.html

#152 6 years ago

Hobbylinc.com has a ton of textured sheets also. I was originally going to build the model from this stuff alone but it just did not work out. I actually use their Spanish tile, I think the O scale, for the roof.

#154 6 years ago

An update on my original review: I acquired a set of interior lights from Tmezel, as I figured I might be missing out on something (as usual). Turns out, I was! I wired the lights up to a flasher, as suggested--very cool effect when the Donut Howz starts going off! You can almost see the cops bailing out of there in one big hurry... I very much recommend getting the lighted house, way cooler than one without electricity!

#155 6 years ago

Are the silouhette decals available yet?

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Are the silouhette decals available yet?

Sending my decal gal a Donut Heaven tomorrow as a matter of fact.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Sending my decal gal a Donut Heaven tomorrow as a matter of fact.

Sweeet...

#158 6 years ago

Its way nicer installed in person than I expected.

20131109_135253.jpg
#159 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Its way nicer installed in person than I expected.

20131109_135253.jpg 2 MB

Definitely! I got blue windows too, it really looks as if it was meant to be there, the metal block was so ugly!

#160 5 years ago

Need some feedback on an insert decal for the windows. What shall we put on it? Here is a quick sample.

viewer.png

#161 5 years ago

I might just go with what you have--too funny!

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Need some feedback on an insert decal for the windows. What shall we put on it? Here is a quick sample.

viewer.png 6 KB

Did you ship mine to Denmark already, because that decal looks nice! (and if it hasn't shipped I'd like to maybe change my order to one with decal - Only if it hasn't shipped)

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Did you ship mine to Denmark already, because that decal looks nice! (and if it hasn't shipped I'd like to maybe change my order to one with decal - Only if it hasn't shipped)

I will make sure you get the decal.

#164 5 years ago

How about this one? Give me some feedback. I am already going to have detail added to the door. Floor Mart will be deleted too.

Untitled.png

#165 5 years ago

Both are cool, but I like your original idea a little better.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

How about the patrons from DINER? Now that would be cool

#167 5 years ago

+1 for the Simpsons one...

#168 5 years ago

Maybe a combo, characters and signs. Remember we are trying to hide those damn switches.

#169 5 years ago

need a person playing a pin silhouette

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Maybe a combo, characters and signs. Remember we are trying to hide those damn switches.

Combo would be sweet
I'd like to see
Wiggum
Diner Character or two
pin silhouette is great too
i will buy a mod for sure soon regardless, great job!

#171 5 years ago

Do not like the Simpson's version. Would not put it on my macine.2ND version is much better.

1 week later
#173 5 years ago

Does anybody have pics of this lit up regular bulb vs. led?

#174 5 years ago

I personally like the silhouette - just not sure of using Simpsons characters.

BTW - received mine about a week (or so) ago. Looks much better in person, but still working on rebuilding my Getaway so it hasn't been installed yet (perhaps this weekend).

Thanks for making these up.

#175 5 years ago

I like the idea of figure silhouettes. But think a more generalized set of characters as opposed to Simpsons specific for my taste. Maybe keep Wiggum.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from PH_Mark:

I like the idea of figure silhouettes. But think a more generalized set of characters as opposed to Simpsons specific for my taste. Maybe keep Wiggum.

I agree

#177 5 years ago

Got mine Wednesday. Looks great!

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

Got mine Wednesday. Looks great!

I still have not finalized a design. Thanks for more input. I will get at least two versions.

1 week later
#179 5 years ago

Has anyone hooked this up to any other flashers or just a 12v source? Enquiring minds want to know.

#180 5 years ago

Send us pictures of your installed Donut Heaven! Mezelmods@gmail.com

#181 5 years ago

When the one I just ordered arrives I'll be hooking it up so that if lock is lit it flashes (with the insert) and if jackpot or super jackpot is lit it will be on solid (like the respective insert).

3 weeks later
#182 5 years ago

What size screws does this need to mount? I ask because I don't have the original plate on mine.

Have you finalized a silhouette design yet? I really like the idea of having someone playing a pin in the background. Maybe have characters from other Steve Ritchie pins instead of the Simpsons? I just woke up so maybe this idea sounds better to me than it is.

Obviously needs multiple police officers.

Post edited by Geocab : Changed to playing a pin instead of pjs someone. Stupid phone.

#183 5 years ago

I just looked at the manual and the bolts are not listed. I will take mine to the hardware store and size them up.

Good feedback on the silhouette design, I will get back to it.

#184 5 years ago

Of all his games, there aren't many "characters". The Black Knight, the Terminator, The cast from Star Trek Next Generation, and the reboot Star Trek cast. I'm not an artist so I'm not sure what you could do with that.

I just bought this machine last week so I'm still deciding what I'd like to do to it. I'll be ordering this though, great idea.

I hope I can get one of the mountains too.

1 week later
#185 5 years ago

Just received this feedback from a satisfied Donut Heaven customer

Mario L.: "Fits perfectly and adds some pop to a great playfield!"
5 stars

2 weeks later
#186 5 years ago

Making sure HS customers know we have a new store. Find us at www.mezelmods.com

This Super Bowl weekend shop at our new site using code SUPERSITE for 10% off

You can also enter your guess at the total score for the big game (with purchase) to win a $20 gift card!

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Making sure HS customers know we have a new store. Find us at http://www.mezelmods.com
This Super Bowl weekend shop at our new site using code SUPERSITE for 10% off
You can also enter your guess at the total score for the big game (with purchase) to win a $20 gift card!

Thanks mrs_mezelmods !

The 10% discount covered the currency exchange, and I entered my Superbowl score prediction . . .

. . . kool.

1 month later
#188 5 years ago

Is this mod still available? Google'd it and all the results said it is no longer for sale - figured I'd come ping the OP or anyone who may know - thanks!

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Is this mod still available? Google'd it and all the results said it is no longer for sale - figured I'd come ping the OP or anyone who may know - thanks!

He has a new site http://mezelmods.com

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I was waiting for you. Congratulations on your new pin. Go here http://mezelmods.com

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I was waiting for you.

I don't know if I should be honored or scared ...

Just bought the blue LED version - thank you!!!

#192 5 years ago

Picking up Getaway next month -- this looks like a great mod.

Not to de-rail, but do you have any more snowy mountains? The website showed two gray mountains left. Thanks!

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I don't know if I should be honored or scared ...
Just bought the blue LED version - thank you!!!

Don't be afraid. You have a beautiful machine and that piece of metal has to go!

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Don't be afraid. You have a beautiful machine and that piece of metal has to go!

Awesome - thank you for your compliment! I ordered one not even half an hour after you responded - can't wait to get it!

1 week later
#195 5 years ago

Got mine today!! Installed already (: - hooked mine up to the flasher - looks REALLY good!

Polite constructive criticism - might want to include a small note NOT to tighten the screws down all the way. I did to be safe on mine, and I accidentally cracked the corner of the roof already - haven't even played a game yet .

Donuts_PF.jpg

Donuts_Installed.jpg

#196 5 years ago

Quick video of it hooked up to the flasher.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside