Topic poll

“HS vs F14”

• High Speed 19 votes
    70%
  • F14 Tomcat 8 votes
    30%

(27 votes)

#1 8 months ago

Any thoughts between the High Speed and F14 Tomcat regarding gameplay and value? I'm looking at each of these games locally. Both appear in comparable condition. HS is around $4K and F14 is around $3k which seem a bit high in this sluggish market. I'd like to avoid taking a hit when it's time to sell. Both have been sitting for weeks. Neither would be a keeper.

My concern is which of these shallow games is more fun / less repetitive. I just missed out on a local F14 this morning for $450, which would've been an insta-buy. But with these particular asking prices being on the high side, ease of resale, longevity of ownership, and the fun of gameplay become more relevant concerns.

I suspect HS is the popular choice if condition and price were equal. But how much more would make sense to spend on HS? Or is F14 the better game? What are reasonable prices to pay?

Appreciate any opinions ...

#2 8 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Any thoughts between the High Speed and F14 Tomcat regarding gameplay and value? I'm looking at each of these games locally. Both appear in comparable condition. HS is around $4K and F14 is around $3k which seem a bit high in this sluggish market. I'd like to avoid taking a hit when it's time to sell. Both have been sitting for weeks. Neither would be a keeper.
My concern is which of these shallow games is more fun / less repetitive. I just missed out on a local F14 this morning for $450, which would've been an insta-buy. But with these particular asking prices being on the high side, ease of resale, longevity of ownership, and the fun of gameplay become more relevant concerns.
I suspect HS is the popular choice if condition and price were equal. But how much more would make sense to spend on HS? Or is F14 the better game? What are reasonable prices to pay?

A williams f-14 for $450 ...damn. What shape was it supposedly in???

Theres been a High speed listed on FB marketplace here in Tx for $3250 for weeks and hasnt sold yet. F-14s from what ive seen go for $2500-3000 depending on condition...projects go from $1600 and up.

F-14s are a very popular pin and sell quickly when listed in any condition. I paid $2500 for mine and it needed some work to get it going 100%.

I just so happen to have a High speed too. But is a project pin...currently not working. MPU issues and a cracked up headunit (wood work) I gave $1100 for it.

Both are superfast players. Both are addictive to play. Sooo....$2700 would be a good overall price to pay for fully functioning Highspeed or F-14. I cant see them going down in price soon.

Another ever popular pin is the williams Pinbot. This Pin seems to be more popular than both its brothers being the F-14 and High Speed.

#3 8 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

IMHO, go with High Speed. Both are great games, but all things being equal price/condition etc. HS has that just-one-more-time edge to it that F14 lacks for whatever reason. Also, the whole story behind the game/Steve, the sequel all make this a forever classic. Love the callouts.

In the Chicago area, there are a few in marketplace that are around $3,000 that have been sitting and started at $3500ish. I feel it is a $2500-$2700 game.

That said, I would vote for Pinbot all day long... but I already have one but still on the hunt for a HS should one come my way. So there is that! Good luck!

#4 8 months ago
Quoted from spinout:

go with High Speed. Both are great games, but all things being equal price/condition etc. HS has that just-one-more-time edge to it that F14 lacks

Unfortunately, all things are NOT equal. HS is about $1k higher.

Sounds like it might be worth the extra cash if HS has greater lastability. That's kind of my concern with F14 (but it's cheaper.) I do like that upper right flipper in HS. Pinbot isnt on my radar, but would consider RG.

#5 8 months ago

Go F14, play the Fk out of it till you bored and swap it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fargo, ND
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Parkland, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.