Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by adii
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Anybody ever have a spinner stop the ball? On my HS, sometimes when I shoot the left loop (Bayshore Freeway) the ball hits the spinner and stops dead in its tracks. It seems to mostly do it when it hits the spinner more on the left side than the center.

The spinner moves freely. I put a tiny bit of anti-corrosive lubricant on each arm of the spinner. The playfield is sitting right at 6 degrees. It's almost like the spinner is sitting too high. Any ideas on how to adjust or fix this?

#2 10 years ago

I have had this too, usually occurs if I constant hit the freeway shot over and over and the spinner is still spinning from the ball going through it earlier. Just seems the ball catches the edge of spinner and will stop. It happens cuz the game is fast and like I said if you hit them freeway shots over and over it gets faster play, and spinners keep spinning. Unless someone has a fix, I believe its just part of the game.

#3 10 years ago

If is happens when the spinner is already spinning, it's like Jeff said...bad timing... Kinda' like a mis-timed machine gun on a WW 1 airplane that shoots through the prop. Other than that I guess make sure when its not spinning that it is hanging vertically.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks guys. I'll play it later, pay attention, then let you know. I love hitting those freeway shots...over....and over. That could be it.

There is a very slight lean when it is still. I'm guessing it is from the angle of the playfield.

#5 10 years ago

I love to make those shots over and over as well...think 6 is the most I can remember.. Too bad there is not an escalating score for doing do. Maybe when the WPC 2.0 guys get to the System 11's this could be incorporated into the game.

#6 10 years ago

Still does it, though not as often, when the spinner is not spinning. I'm thinking it's because when that spinner comes to a rest it must be leaning a little more toward the bottom of the playfield. I need to figure out how to make it hang vertically.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from adii:

I'm thinking it's because when that spinner comes to a rest it must be leaning a little more toward the bottom of the playfield. I need to figure out how to make it hang vertically.

One of the little arms is bent so when it spins it is hitting the screw head. See if that is the case and do a little tweaking to bend the arm back straight. Good luck.

#8 10 years ago

I experienced something similar for the eject hole. My issue was the insert before the spinner was raised a bit and it would launch the ball up at the spinner if hit right. Currently restoring that PF so hope it goes away.

3 weeks later
#9 9 years ago

We'll, I've been working on these things for years and this was the simplest fix...and I thought it would be complicated. Just needed to bend the spinner arm to where it hung at the proper angle. Just goes to show that you never stop learning. Thanks for your input.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs-spinner-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.