Burgendy_1.JPG
High_Speed_cab_after_clean_and_wax_(1).jpg
High_Speed_cab_after_clean_and_wax_(4).jpg
High_Speed_cab_after_clean_and_wax_(3).jpg
High_Speed_cab_after_clean_and_wax_(7).jpg
HS_cab_front_primed.JPG
HS_FRONT_SANDED7613.JPG
HS_LEFT_CORNER.JPG
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Picked up a HS last weekend for $650. Supposedly this pin was sitting in a basement or garage for the last 10+ years. The guy I got it from knew nothing about pins and was even amazed when I pulled the glass out.

The pin powers on no problem. Here are my current known issues:

1. "Adjustment Failure" upon power up. I researched this and it is an easy fix to put new batteries in. Going into service mode and scrolling through all the options then allows the game to play. (There were no batteries installed when I got the pin and no acid seen on the board). When I went to put in new batteries, the right most AA was too short for the opening. Upon closer inspection it looks like the connectors are missing a little insulator and some metal which would close the gap. The left and center battery positions look normal. I can see signs of a little acid wear in the area where that little insulator thing would have been.

- Possible fixes I've considered include simply bending the prongs in so the battery fits (in short term) or just buying a remote battery holder now.

2. LED displays flicker constantly. I had a pinball repair guy over the other day to replace flipper transistors on my LOTR LE. I had him take a quick look at the HS and he suggested replacing the entire power control board with a new Rottendog
- planned fix is to get the new Rottendog board. I've found one new for $85 plus shipping.

3. Music seems to work but no sound effects or voice. I have not trouble shot that at all yet. As I don't know much about board work or even how/what to test I'm tempted to find a new board I can simply just plug in. I don't see where Rottendog makes a sound board for Sys 11 but maybe I'm missing something.
- possible fix: find new sound board or listen (hopefully) to some easy solutions you may have

4. Numerous light bulbs out.
- plan to replace all lights with LEDs

5. LED scoring displays not centered in the backglass window
- plan to adjust the height of the displays by raising the entire panel (there are a bunch of washers on the hinge which look like they can be moved lower thereby raising the entire panel up a little which should work hopefully

6. Playfield wear
- short-term fix is to simply wax what I can without doing an entire 'shop' job of the playfield
- long-term fix is to install a new playfield. Sadly, the CPR HS playfields look to be already spoken for. If I cannot find a new playfield I may go ahead and perform my first full shop job

7. Ramp entrance: the little thin metal thing which connects between the playfield surface and the ramp itself seems to be pulled up a little.
- not sure what to do there. It seems like there is an adhesive that has come loose. Alternatively there may be an issue with the little set screw. I'm not sure exactly how that is supposed to be constructed so I'm not exactly sure what to do. Thus far the ramp shot can be made but there have been times that the ball does get interfered with due to this issue.

8. Beacon light missing
- possible fix: either find a replacement (if you know where, let me know) or put more of an LED police flicking light bar on top. I think that would be very cool but I would need to learn more about how I would go about wiring such a mod.

Sorry for the wall of text. I am VERY open to suggestions and help. This is my very first restoration project and, like I mentioned, I have not even done a full playfield strip and shop before. Ideally before everything is done I hope to have not spent much more than another $1000 (if I get a new playfield) and have a very nice pin to boot. I think the cabinet is in surprisingly pretty good shape except for the front. I may consider new decals but that is lower on my list of priorities.

Here are some photos:

IMG_1832.JPGIMG_1832.JPG

#2 10 years ago

more pix.

IMG_1833.JPGIMG_1833.JPG

#3 10 years ago

more:

IMG_1834.JPGIMG_1834.JPG

#4 10 years ago

more (only letting me do one at a time)

IMG_1836.JPGIMG_1836.JPG IMG_1838.JPGIMG_1838.JPG

#5 10 years ago

more

IMG_1840.JPGIMG_1840.JPG IMG_1841.JPGIMG_1841.JPG

#6 10 years ago

more

IMG_1842.JPGIMG_1842.JPG IMG_1843.JPGIMG_1843.JPG IMG_1844.JPGIMG_1844.JPG

#7 10 years ago

I believe you can find the red dome for the beacon fairly easy from the usual online pinball shops. The motor as well. However, the part you'll have an issue finding is the spinning reflector that spins on top of the motor. I found mine by contacting pinball salvage in florida. I would post a want ad for it.

#8 10 years ago

more

IMG_1843.JPGIMG_1843.JPG IMG_1844.JPGIMG_1844.JPG

#9 10 years ago

more

IMG_1845.JPGIMG_1845.JPG IMG_1846.JPGIMG_1846.JPG

#10 10 years ago

more

IMG_1848.JPGIMG_1848.JPG IMG_1849.JPGIMG_1849.JPG

#11 10 years ago

It made me chuckle that they covered the "drive 55" plastic in green tape then re-wrote "55" on it.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

LED displays flicker constantly

Technically, plasma displays. I wouldn't waste $100+ on a new PS; you can probably rebuild the existing one for about $10 in parts to shotgun the entire HV section feeding the displays. Check if they're getting 100V or if they were already trimmed down to 91V by the use of a smaller zener diode. If so, just bump back up to 100V if the displays are reaching the end of their lives it will give you more time before needing to replace them.

Quoted from Pacer:

covered the "drive 55" plastic

Actually, I think both that one and the one dead center (that both take lots of hard hits) are redone plastics. Note the center one is all grey colored. Both of mine are significantly damaged there thanks to the plunger shot and upper flipper tossing the ball hard against them.

#13 10 years ago

I just finished my first full playfield tear down and shop job on a CFTBL. Best of luck with project. Take a ton of pictures and even notes. I found taping screws to parts made for an easier reassembly. I even tried out the Treasure Cove Kit....take your time and do it right. It's a great experience.

The CFTBL went from a Basket case to one that I will probably never want to get rid of...

#14 10 years ago

For the small amount of paint loss on that pf, I'd do the touch ups/decals. It's daunting at first but after you do one it's easy and fun. Get an airbrush if you need to do a solid color in an area bigger than a quarter. They're cheap. Unless you're going for a full CQ resto, cabinet redone, etc. you won't get the value out of a $1000 playfield. If you do the prep, it's pretty easy to send the pf out for pro clearcoat afterwards.

#15 10 years ago

The grey for the road is the worst. It usually isn't even consistent from one part of the playfield to the other due to fade. Search for Phoebe's recipe on the paint to get you close.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Pac-Fan:

Technically, plasma displays. I wouldn't waste $100+ on a new PS; you can probably rebuild the existing one for about $10 in parts to shotgun the entire HV section feeding the displays. Check if they're getting 100V or if they were already trimmed down to 91V by the use of a smaller zener diode. If so, just bump back up to 100V if the displays are reaching the end of their lives it will give you more time before needing to replace them.

Actually, I think both that one and the one dead center (that both take lots of hard hits) are redone plastics. Note the center one is all grey colored. Both of mine are significantly damaged there thanks to the plunger shot and upper flipper tossing the ball hard against them.

Thanks for the correction on the plasma display. I need to get with the lingo. Do you have a photo of where I would check the voltage? The guy who looked at the pin thought that replacing the PCB would fix the problem with the display. He also thought that replacing the PCB was generally a good idea as apparently the System 11 power is a fairly poor design and the newer board can fix and prevent a lot of issues.

Also, I thought that hand written "55" was pretty funny too and I am not even familiar with what it is supposed to look like.

Quoted from TopJimmyCooks:

For the small amount of paint loss on that pf, I'd do the touch ups/decals. It's daunting at first but after you do one it's easy and fun. Get an airbrush if you need to do a solid color in an area bigger than a quarter. They're cheap. Unless you're going for a full CQ resto, cabinet redone, etc. you won't get the value out of a $1000 playfield. If you do the prep, it's pretty easy to send the pf out for pro clearcoat afterwards.

Interesting idea. Is there a thread with photos and/or video to show how to do that? I did recently subscribe to pinballninja as well. I wish there was a way to search that database for certain fixes as opposed to just by game.

#17 10 years ago

I bought a chrome 12 v red beacon from happ. Then i bought a converter from a security supply store to get the 27 v to the 12v. It looks real sharp. Email me if you need the links.

#18 10 years ago

Interesting idea. Is there a thread with photos and/or video to show how to do that?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration

I did recently subscribe to pinballninja as well. I wish there was a way to search that database for certain fixes as opposed to just by game.

I would just work my way through all of the system 11 repair videos. A lot of stuff will apply to HS.

#19 10 years ago

I am with burningman on the Treasure Cove kit. I just did a complete tear down of my Shadow and that stuff is the bee's knees for bringing a playfield back to life. If I were you, I would go for a complete tear down instead of just a polish on the easily accessible areas. I know it seems like a daunting task for a newcomer but believe me I am in the same boat as you and I had no trouble with it. Just take lots of pics and detailed notes. I used ziplock bags to keep everything together by playfield section (all of the sling parts together, etc.).

I would also suggest ordering the "big bag of everything" from pinball life and a supply of #6 and #8 nylon insert lock nuts. This stuff is fairly cheap and is easier replaced when putting things back together. Here are the links:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=241
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=226
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=227

From the pics it looks like you might have some mylar covering parts of the playfield that might be peeling off. I used the compressed air technique to remove some that was in the same shape. If you do this, I cannot stress enough that you need to go slow when peeling the mylar.

If you have issues with your ramp flaps, I would replace those also. It looks like pinbits has a kit for HS here: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=262
I bought one of these for The Shadow and it is a pretty straight forward install that does not require a rivet tool.

Good luck with your project!

#20 10 years ago

I see you are in Knoxville. Me too! I've come across a couple of others as well. I'll PM you my email and phone number if you want to meet up some time.

Darin

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I am with burningman on the Treasure Cove kit. I just did a complete tear down of my Shadow and that stuff is the bee's knees for bringing a playfield back to life. If I were you, I would go for a complete tear down instead of just a polish on the easily accessible areas. I know it seems like a daunting task for a newcomer but believe me I am in the same boat as you and I had no trouble with it. Just take lots of pics and detailed notes. I used ziplock bags to keep everything together by playfield section (all of the sling parts together, etc.).
I would also suggest ordering the "big bag of everything" from pinball life and a supply of #6 and #8 nylon insert lock nuts. This stuff is fairly cheap and is easier replaced when putting things back together. Here are the links:
From the pics it looks like you might have some mylar covering parts of the playfield that might be peeling off. I used the compressed air technique to remove some that was in the same shape. If you do this, I cannot stress enough that you need to go slow when peeling the mylar.
If you have issues with your ramp flaps, I would replace those also. It looks like pinbits has a kit for HS here: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=262
I bought one of these for The Shadow and it is a pretty straight forward install that does not require a rivet tool.

My main concern besides the technical aspects of the repair is the amount of time involved. Time, to me, is more precious than money. That is why I think I'd rather just buy a new playfield as I would guess I would potentially avoid a lot of hassle. The downside is that I've been to the CPR site and it says "closed" on the HS playfield. Realistically, how many man hours would I be looking at for a full playfield restore. I'm guessing I is a lot. I'm sure in the end it is a great feeling of accomplishment, however.

#22 10 years ago

Realistically, how many man hours would I be looking at for a full playfield restore. I'm guessing I is a lot. I'm sure in the end it is a great feeling of accomplishment, however.

Alot....and I know exactly what you mean. When I started my playfield, I had originally thought of just cleaning up the general areas...and getting her done pretty quickly. Then as I was tearing down the PF I realized there were a lot of little things that were off...star posts broken, etc etc...I decided to take a patience pill and know that in the end, I didn't just hide or overlook anything. Although I have never done a playfield swap, I would think that would take more time than than just working on the top playfield, but I guess it depends on how detailed you want to go.

Looking back on it, I am going to treat each of my games (at least) the same as I did my CFTBL...Its just rewarding to know that you did the best you can.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

DO NOT use the kit on the HS, except on the mylar (if you leave it on.) That kit will turn the PF into a whitewood VERY quickly. Remember HS was made before any sort of Diamond Plate (or whatever) style PF protection.

As already mentioned, the grey is a PAIN to match. Not only does it differ from game to game, it can differ in the SAME game (depending on where it was in its life). On my HS I had to match 3 different shades of that stupid grey.

The other areas are typical wear areas for a HS, and nowhere near as hard to match.

If the ramp is original, it is most likely cracked pretty badly at the entrance (the original ramps break very easily.) Spend the 99 bucks and get a new one. MUCH sturdier.

I would do a complete tear-down. Get all the years of gunk and dirt off of the game, replace the plastic posts, polish the metal, etc...It will look years better than when you got it!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

DO NOT use the kit on the HS

Whew! nice catch. I didn't even think about High Speed being pre-1990.

#25 10 years ago

Realistically, how many man hours would I be looking at for a full playfield restore. I'm guessing I is a lot. I'm sure in the end it is a great feeling of accomplishment, however.

As burningman says... "Alot"! But I also agree that a complete swap would probably take just as long if not longer because you not only be tearing down the playfield but the underside as well. I would estimate that there is twice as much stuff to deal with underneath when compared with the top side. Plus, you will have to deal with the wiring harness, which could mean a considerable amount of re-soldering work.

#26 10 years ago

Issue number 5 mostly resolved. I moved 3 washers which were on top of the left lower hinge to below it thereby effectively raising the door which contains the plasma displays. The Speeder 2 one is still slightly low but it looks 10x better than it did.

I also looked at my battery holder a little more closely. I don't think it is salvageable. I'm going to pick up a AA battery holder tomorrow at Radio Shack hopefully and desolder the broken battery holder and install a remote one.

Once I have the batteries working, I will check on the sounds.

Also, I read on the pinballninja site about checking the +100V and -100V to the displays. Ninja referred to checking that but did not show how it was actually done. Can someone explain how to check that (with photos if possible).

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I looked at my playfield a little more closely. I don't think there is much of the worn areas covered by mylar. My goal right now is to get all the electrical stuff working completely before thinking about the more cosmetic issues.

#28 10 years ago

my bad...didn't mean my comment regarding TC to suggest doing that to the HS...sorry bout that. (however, on my F-14...I used alcohol on a magic eraser (lightly), then hit it with Novus 2 (lightly)and then hit it with TC 1...this is a pic without wax. (still working on insert decals)

You are right about the underside of the playfield work and harness...and from my first experience, there is some tweeking you will need to do even if its just work on the top of the field. I needed to fix a few things that didn't line up correctly, readjust some pop bumper skirts, etc...and again I just did the topside...

Not trying to steer you away from diving in, and eventually I would like to have the opprotunity to do a full restoration of a game...but I'm still learning how to crawl...the best part is that there are ton of guys on here that are willing to help us out...

f-14_playfield_reflection.JPGf-14_playfield_reflection.JPG

#29 10 years ago

I looked at my playfield a little more closely. I don't think there is much of the worn areas covered by mylar. My goal right now is to get all the electrical stuff working completely before thinking about the more cosmetic issues.

I'd definitely stick to the plan you describe above. Get the game working properly first and plan cosmetic work for later. Get it running, strip the topside of the playfield and do a thorough cleaning, new rubbers, replace broken/worn parts etc. Maybe do some light touch ups etc.

Once done play it for a while, enjoy it and reassess where your head is. This will give you time to really plan out how far to go on the restoration.

FYI - you mentioned that time is a concern. A playfield swap is a massive time investment. I've done a couple complete tear down and cleaning jobs and they easily take 20 hours. A full swap would take that plus added time to remove and relocate everything.

#30 10 years ago

I just picked up my needed stuff to make my remote battery holder. I will do that and post photos later.

In the meantime, is there anyone who can comment on the flickering plasma displays? I am tempted to just buy a new PCB for $85 and hopefully fix that issue and stave off others possible with that PCB. However, if there is a pretty easy fix I may just do that.

Also, I'd like to hear someone's thoughts about having music but no voice or sounds.

Thanks for your input.

#31 10 years ago

Well, it is baby steps for me, but I just made my first remote battery holder.

I am very stoked. I think I know how I can improve some next time and make the process a little neater and quicker but I'm very happy. Now when I turn on HS all of my settings are saved. This is the first time I've ever increased the length of a wire or soldered anything to a board. As you can see from photos I actually removed the board to do this. (Also a first). I found a couple of board hacks on the back side. I'll make another thread to show those hacks and get some input.

I've played a few games and most things that I know about seem to be at least functioning okay except for the flickering display and the no sounds other than music. I'm still open to suggestions on those.

Here are some pix from my remote battery holder project:

My_first_remote_battery_holder_(3).JPGMy_first_remote_battery_holder_(3).JPG My_first_remote_battery_holder_(1).JPGMy_first_remote_battery_holder_(1).JPG

#32 10 years ago

Nice!

May I suggest putting a connector on the wiring from the holder to the board? That way it makes it easier to pull the board if needed, or swap a battery holder.

Also, make sure to add the inline fuses on the bridge rectifiers mounted on the backbox. 8 amp slo blows are the fuse ratings, and place them on the ac line of the bridge rectifier.

#33 10 years ago

This is all very interesting to me, I got my HS a couple of weeks ago. Nothing electrical has to be done, just cosmetic so it's in the garage now to repaint and restencil the front and sandblast and repaint the coin door. Keep up the good work.

HS_LEFT_CORNER.JPGHS_LEFT_CORNER.JPG HS_FRONT_SANDED7613.JPGHS_FRONT_SANDED7613.JPG HS_cab_front_primed.JPGHS_cab_front_primed.JPG

#34 10 years ago

If you can't get a new playfield and are reluctant to do it yourself there are a few guys around that do playfield restoration, Treasure Cove being one of them if I remember correctly, in my opinion a restored original playfield is much better than a replica, unless of course of you could find NOS.

#35 10 years ago

Update:

I have new capacitors on order for my PCB which should fix my strobing/flickering of the display and hopefully my lack of sound/voices. I will also be ordering new rubbers and a ramp flap. There is a small crack (maybe 1.5 inches right at the start of the ramp which I did not notice until I took it off...this has not seemed to hamper game play) so I may just save myself the $100 on a new ramp for now.

I just did a tear down of all the playfield so I can clean her up and wax it.

A few questions:

1. I have some Novus 2 that I'm going to use to clean the plastics and stop light targets. I have Millwax cleaner/waxer which I'm planning on using on the playfield. The PF is totally nasty and turns your finger dark grey with a short swipe of the surface. Can I use some organic non-ammonia glass/surface cleaner to get a bulk of the grime off before I use the Millwax?

2. Any suggestions for colors for the non-insert bulbs? There are 6 #89 bulbs and a bunch of #44's. I kind of figured on just using some whites but if someone has experience with putting LEDs in a HS I'm certainly open to suggestions. Similar question for the backbox lighting.

3. Any thoughts on what color of Cliffy post sleeves looks good on HS? I need to replace those also.

Thanks,
Darin

#36 10 years ago

1. I have some Novus 2 that I'm going to use to clean the plastics and stop light targets. I have Millwax cleaner/waxer which I'm planning on using on the playfield. The PF is totally nasty and turns your finger dark grey with a short swipe of the surface. Can I use some organic non-ammonia glass/surface cleaner to get a bulk of the grime off before I use the Millwax?

A lot of people will tell you not to use Millwax on a playfield, and lots of people will tell you to use Novus 2 on your playfield instead. I have never used millwax myself, but Novus 2 works great, dont use Novus 3 on your playfield though.

#37 10 years ago

2. Any suggestions for colors for the non-insert bulbs? There are 6 #89 bulbs and a bunch of #44's. I kind of figured on just using some whites but if someone has experience with putting LEDs in a HS I'm certainly open to suggestions. Similar question for the backbox lighting.

Perhaps my thread?

Details of every insert on HS:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-williams-high-speed-led-conversion-wmap-lists

Backbox: I used all 2 mini smd CT frosted warm whites in the backbox except for the "arrow head" formed by the blue lines on the side of the road where I used cool whites to bring out the blue better.

#38 10 years ago

Yeah, already have your thing pulled up. Maybe I missed the part on the backbox. Awesome thread, btw, and thanks for your hard work to put it together.

Quoted from practicalsteve:

A lot of people will tell you not to use Millwax on a playfield, and lots of people will tell you to use Novus 2 on your playfield instead. I have never used millwax myself, but Novus 2 works great, dont use Novus 3 on your playfield though.

Interesting. I think Pinball life sold me the Millwax when I first got into the hobby and I was asking what I need. I've used the Millwax to clean and wax my other pins and it seems to work great. Sounds like I'll use my Novus 2 to clean the pf and then try a coat of the Millwax to wax it up. If that doesn't do great, I may consider the Treasure Cove stuff on the main part of the PF which is completely covered by mylar. At this point I'm not going for a full restoration. I just want it to work well and be a nice player's pin.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Pac-Fan:

Perhaps my thread?
Details of every insert on HS:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-williams-high-speed-led-conversion-wmap-lists
Backbox: I used all 2 mini smd CT frosted warm whites in the backbox except for the "arrow head" formed by the blue lines on the side of the road where I used cool whites to bring out the blue better.

Also, do you have any ghosting issues the Ablaze? I'm getting my order ready this afternoon. Thanks again.

#40 10 years ago

You might want to look at these posts before hitting the playfield with Millwax:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mill-wax-pinball-playfield-wax-and-cleaner
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mill-wax

I use this stuff:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2589

Works like a champ.

#41 10 years ago

Also, do you have any ghosting issues the Ablaze? I'm getting my order ready this afternoon. Thanks again.

A TINY bit. I really don't notice it. I also have a TINY bit on Jokerz as well, but it's really not distracting. There are just a few inserts that tend to ghost more based on what others are on the same row/column and being pulsed on at the same time.

I much rather deal with the low amount of ghosting using the Ablaze bulbs in the controlled DC circuit than I can deal with the 60hz flicker of the Ablaze bulbs in the uncontrolled AC GI circuits (since they're only partially rectified). At 28c in bulk; you can do a lot with them for switched.

#42 10 years ago

Wow. Good info. I think I may change up my plan a little and incorporate the Novus 2 on the playfield and maybe pick up that wax from Pinballlife.

#43 10 years ago

Dont use 89's in your flashers they will blow quickly. Suppose to be #63 which are alot brighter then the 89's. I have owned my High Speed since 2008. Good luck.

#44 10 years ago

I also use the novus #2 followed by a few coats of the Blitz carnauba wax. My HS playfield dont have mylar, it never did.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Dont use 89's in your flashers they will blow quickly. Suppose to be #63 which are alot brighter then the 89's. I have owned my High Speed since 2008. Good luck.

So, do you use standard incandescents #63 in the flashers? The 89 led bulbs will fail if I put them in the flashers?

#46 10 years ago

yes, #63 flashers. Check your game manual. If you dont have one buy it off ebay or print for free at ipdb.com. good luck

#47 10 years ago

UPDATE: Display fixed...still needing sound and voice.

I replaced the 2 160V/100uf capacitors (the ones I think responsible) and the 25V/18000uf capacitor (which I was told does the 5V stuff so I was hoping this would help the sound.) This was my first time desoldering a cap and replacing it, so I'm very stoked it worked.

From my reading, I thought this would probably fix the display flickering/strobe effect: and it did. I was hoping it would also fix my missing sound but no such luck.

I purchased a kit which has all the caps for this board so I can replace others if needed. I'm still looking for advice on how to fix the sound/voice missing (music is fine).

Thanks, and please let me know a fix for the sound if you know it. Also, I have thought about simply buying new sound and voice chips here: http://www.actionpinball.com/cgi-bin/romorder.cgi?name=HighSpeed but would like to get some input before I pull the trigger.

Darin

#48 10 years ago

way too much money from them try these guys.
http://pinballroms.com/eproms/sys11.html

#49 10 years ago

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this subject. I just started with my first pin a month ago and it was High Speed (it got lonely and now there are 4). I am really nervous about working on my games but this community is the best and most friendly I have seen on the net. It feels like everyone wants to help out and share ideas without some sort of agenda.

#50 10 years ago

Another small update on the cabinet. This morning I spent a little over an hour cleaning it up. I used a natural/general all purpose cleaner to get some of the significant grime off. I then put a couple of coats of Millwax on it (after reading the posts about not using it on the pf, I decided to give it a try on my cab since I already own it).

The result? I got a stupid amount of dirt and grime off. I also got off a number of scuffs which I thought were going to be permanent. Though the cab doesn't look 'restored' it really looks a lot better.

I'll try to post some photos in the next day or two. I'm at the finals for the city swim meet with my kids all day long today but will try to get some posted later tonight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs-restorationstarting-my-first-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.