Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MRudowsky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7027 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7035 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7030 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7026 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7022 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7023 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7024 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7021 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7018 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7017 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7014 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7013 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7012 (resized).JPG
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

I have a HS that is in rough shape. CPU looks to be really nice and working. PF is rough and so is cab. Back glass is super nice. It would be a players condition game or restore piece . Everything is there including working beacon. Would let go for around 750 whole or would part if there is enough interest.

LMK your thoughts.

#2 7 years ago

Pictures are always helpful

#3 7 years ago

In CA it would sell at that price.

#4 7 years ago

I think someone would buy it as a project. Post it in the marketplace and see what kind of interest there would be. Pics will help a ton.

#5 7 years ago

I guess it depends on what kind of weather. It's easier to move a machine if it isn't raining. I am not sure whether or not I would sell or part though.

#6 7 years ago

Sell that puppy to a new pinhead looking for their first game! It's fairly easy to work on, especially if the boards are in good shape and it's a lot of fun to play. When selling it just be sure it's not to someone who's going to part it out.

#7 7 years ago

I had two in similar condition here in Central PA (my cabinets might have been nicer than yours but both had very bad playfields and other minor issues). I sold both of them as projects this Winter for about the same price you are asking for yours. I would offer it up for sale until the Allentown Show is over then if it doesn't sell consider parting it out.

The way I look at things with these machines is - you can always part them out as a last resort but once parted out you can never get that machine back again. So I always give every machine a chance to live on by selling them whole (when possible) but if they don't sell I do consider parting them out as a last resort.

If you don't get it sold before the Allentown Show and would like to put it in my indoor flea market space I have plenty of room and would be happy to try to sell it for you if that helps. Just PM me if you want to do that and I'll let you know where to find me at the show.

#8 7 years ago

Show pics, I may be interested. Looking for 1 more system 11 game.

#9 7 years ago

I will get better photos of pf and boardset later

IMG_7012 (resized).JPGIMG_7012 (resized).JPG

IMG_7013 (resized).JPGIMG_7013 (resized).JPG

IMG_7014 (resized).JPGIMG_7014 (resized).JPG

#11 7 years ago

Sounds like a great first game for someone!

#12 7 years ago

No reason to part it out. Looks like a decent project

#13 7 years ago

Don't part that out, sell it. A complete working game is better than none. That'll sell in no time at that price.

#14 7 years ago

Are the cab and bb solid or is there rot? If those are solid then sell it whole.

#15 7 years ago

Is the PF complete? I don't mean pretty, but at least complete?

No reason to part it out at all. If you've got all of the parts (or most of them) and a solid cabinet, it's can be a great player for someone, or a great restoration base. If may not be a project YOU want to do, but I betcha others will be all over it! Especially with Allentown only a few weeks away!

#16 7 years ago

Dang. I'd grab it if it were closer.

#17 7 years ago

I'd love to see how the playfield looks

#18 7 years ago

Looking for rougher games on a budget to start to operate on "route" (picking one up today actually) - if I could gather that much by Pinfest I'd be interested but even that is a stretch for me, never spent close to that much on a pin before. No doubt somebody else would snatch it up at that price though. As always, selling whole > parting out, regardless of condition. Probably a good player's machine.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Would let go for around 750 whole

Quoted from Otaku:

never spent close to that much on a pin before.

#20 7 years ago

Teenage budget, every pin in my collection has been 500 or less with only one being 500, one being 450, and the rest $400 or under. I also own 14 arcade machines and each of those was $400 or under.

It's like that because I rely on good deals - some people get good deals occasionally to save money and get a steal of a deal but they are the ONLY way I can afford the games, so if they're not deal prices I simply don't get any games, period - I have no "splurge" ability like many others here where I go a little over my budget because my budget is how much is physically in my bank account and then obviously after that it's impossible. So that is the reasoning behind my consistency of getting great deals. I don't mind, although $750 is good for this game and it is exempt from this statement, I enjoy not submitting to the stupid price inflation. I have paid $100 many of times for games people want to charge $1,000 for, and mostly only go for games in pretty mint condition or at least fair besides the occasional rough project, but not very often too much.

Without any profit of reselling (because I've never sold a game yet), my entire pinball collection has cost around $8,000 over a period of two years. I don't mind it, it's fun and satisfying! You simply need a lot of patience (and I'm forced to as stated) - any game on my wishlist I wait to come to me because if you put out a wanted ad the price is just going to be higher because you are the one seeking it and nobody wants to let it go yet but they will for the right price, etc., etc.. I have it down to a science a little bit. Of course I don't mean to brag, just trying to explain. (especially so I don't sound dumb in my previous comment)

#21 7 years ago

Sorry, don't mean to consume the thread and hope to meet you at Pinfest if you are attending. Good luck with the sale - High Speed is a WONDERFUL game!

Otaku

#22 7 years ago

I burn the fkn game for 400 bucks ... WTF. I still gotta get it working 100% at least.

#23 7 years ago

My wife would kill me but that looks like a good project. I should probably finish paying off my first machine though.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Is the PF complete? I don't mean pretty, but at least complete?
    No reason to part it out at all. If you've got all of the parts (or most of them) and a solid cabinet, it's can be a great player for someone, or a great restoration base. If may not be a project YOU want to do, but I betcha others will be all over it! Especially with Allentown only a few weeks away!

Complete and I will get playable.

#25 7 years ago

I would guess this game isn't in nearly as bad shape as you think. Hanging around on pinside can give you a very warped perception of what is an acceptable "player's" game for many people. I thought the cab would be horrendous with paint flaking off. From the pics, it's just scratched up. Big friggin' deal it's 31 years old. It's even got the topper!

For $750 you'd likely find a buyer for a ratty High Speed as long as it's complete and more or less working. You could probably part it out and get a little more but that's a whole lotta work.

Your call dude. My first Digital game was a High Speed just like the one you describe, I bought it off eBay for 600 bucks 15 years ago and it brought much joy into my life!

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Looking for rougher games on a budget to start to operate on "route" (picking one up today actually) - if I could gather that much by Pinfest I'd be interested but even that is a stretch for me, never spent close to that much on a pin before. No doubt somebody else would snatch it up at that price though. As always, selling whole > parting out, regardless of condition. Probably a good player's machine.

Seriously ...... I would burn the game right after I crapped in the cabinet before I get it working and sold it for 400 dollars.

Geeeees, man come on !!!

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Seriously ...... I would burn the game right after I crapped in the cabinet before I get it working and sold it for 400 dollars.
    Geeeees, man come on !!!

Otaku is being annoying as usual (wow! You get EMs for 100 bucks and usually get them for 400 clams? That's unheard of, except for everybody here who has collected EMs for a while). But nowhere did he offer you 400 bucks for you High Speed. I think you misunderstood him.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Otaku is being annoying as usual (wow! You get EMs for 100 bucks and usually get them for 400 clams? That's unheard of, except for everybody here who has collected EMs for a while). But nowhere did he offer you 400 bucks for you High Speed. I think you misunderstood him.

THX Levi , but its was the assumption of what he would pay by his statement.

#29 7 years ago

If I had the funds I'd be all over this. The 500+ mile trip would be worth the bargain. A $750 system11 isn't going to be perfect, but it plays and has the beacon. Hell, my Pinbot cabinet isn't anything special and I love that game.

#30 7 years ago

I could be interested. Looking forward to playfield pics. What needs to be done to get it playable? And what's up with half the backbox lighting?

#31 7 years ago

Please do not part out this classic machine. We lose more and more pinball machines to natural disasters and human caused accidents that any high speed is better than no high speed.

No matter how bad the game is there is someone out there who wants it badly and does not care about the 'custom character' it has obtained as battle scars of its hard life .
    Long live pinball.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from MRudowsky:

I could be interested. Looking forward to playfield pics. What needs to be done to get it playable? And what's up with half the backbox lighting?

It needs work ... If Im going to go over it and shop it out its going to be more than 750. Did not dig into any issues but it will boot and play.

#33 7 years ago

WTF!!

Why would a pin like that be parted out? I'm shocked at what some people part out because it is "trashed" to them...

WAY more SHOCKED when people say stupid shit like I'll burn it....I've known operators with that same attitude on a lot of things...they didn't get too far.

Anyway, looks like a nice project for someone. Hope it's saved.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

WTF!!
    Why would a pin like that be parted out? I'm shocked at what some people part out because it is "trashed" to them...
    WAY more SHOCKED when people say stupid shit like I'll burn it....I've known operators with that same attitude on a lot of things...they didn't get too far.
    Anyway, looks like a nice project for someone. Hope it's saved.

Never planning on burning it, just deciding whether to part or get working and sell.

Looks like the latter.

#35 7 years ago

It's very hard these days for new enthusiasts to get in this game with prices having escalated so much. This is a great opportunity for someone to not only get in the game at reasonable price, but a reliable system 11 to boot. Please offer this for sale before any consideration of parting out.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I burn the fkn game for 400 bucks ... WTF. I still gotta get it working 100% at least.

Quoted from hoby1:

Geeeees, man come on !!!

Must have been jokes that I didnt get

Sorry.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

if I could gather that much by Pinfest I'd be interested

Nevermind

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think you misunderstood him.

Levi being Levi (love you too), but yes, you are correct, he misunderstood my "offer"

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Nevermind

Levi being Levi (love you too), but yes, you are correct, he misunderstood my "offer"

So it was an offer!!! Hahaha! I knew it!!!

#39 7 years ago

I pick up tomorrow at my work and will get some better pic and look over in the next few days.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

So it was an offer!!! Hahaha! I knew it!!!

No, not a $400 offer, lol. A former offer to perhaps be interested at asking price if I get the funds, yes.

Not sure what universe $400 came from but it wasn't mine!

#41 7 years ago

Post has been up for 12 hours now, with more pictures I`m sure it will sell by the end of the day.

#42 7 years ago

You've got to weigh it out. Is it easier / more profitable to part out the machine and sell the parts after all the time you'd put into it and selling the parts individually, or would you be better off selling it whole and possibly have to deal with shipping but getting less money for the entire machine.

Personally I'd sell it whole. It may be beat up but there are people in the hobby that'd take it on for restoration.
    If I were in a better situation and closer I'd buy it for $750.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I pick up tomorrow at my work and will get some better pic and look over in the next few days.

Fair enough. You say it boots and plays, but needs work. I'm just trying to understand what doesn't work now (other than backbox lighting) and the type of work needed. And if you're going to put the work into it, what's the price going to be at the end...

Keep me in mind once you've had the chance to look it over. PM if you prefer.
    -Mike

#44 7 years ago

I seen a the vuk switch donsnt kick the ball out r ramp upkicker but works in coil test. ( I think it registerd in swicth test though but not sure ) Need a few new connectors at board and wires redone as casing is off them , lots of Gi and bulbs out.

#45 7 years ago

Cool. Let me know when you have more pics and a better handle on the issues.

#46 7 years ago

I say sell it. You will probably have more emails than you have time to respond to.
    Some of us enjoy project pins and bringing a game back to life.
    I don't see many project pins for sale these days.

#47 7 years ago

Clicked on thread in anticipation of a grammar police feeding frenzy. Leaving sorely disappointed

Don't part out a working game!

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

I say sell it. You will probably have more emails than you have time to respond to.
    Some of us enjoy project pins and bringing a game back to life.
    I don't see many project pins for sale these days.

One day there will probably be an extinction of project games as least besides the ones hidden deep in barns and other places, and ones strictly not wanting to be sold by operators still operating them. Then one day people will get old and whatnot and I assume the cycle will repeat.

#49 7 years ago

Ok so here it is. Playfield much better than I though. Pulled Mylar off but glue is hard and need to removed and polished. Boards are perfect. Game plays great but needs a total shop. Needs new service buttons and lots of tic. Replaced bad connectors and one coil

SO HERE IT IS...... WEEKEND special. 700 bucks but I want it gone by Sunday. Won't come down another sent. If not gone I will shop out and take to Allentown and put up for 950

Lmk Asap Allen

IMG_7017 (resized).JPGIMG_7017 (resized).JPG

IMG_7019 (resized).JPGIMG_7019 (resized).JPG

IMG_7018 (resized).JPGIMG_7018 (resized).JPG

IMG_7020 (resized).JPGIMG_7020 (resized).JPG

IMG_7021 (resized).JPGIMG_7021 (resized).JPG

IMG_7024 (resized).JPGIMG_7024 (resized).JPG

IMG_7023 (resized).JPGIMG_7023 (resized).JPG

IMG_7022 (resized).JPGIMG_7022 (resized).JPG

IMG_7026 (resized).JPGIMG_7026 (resized).JPG

IMG_7030 (resized).JPGIMG_7030 (resized).JPG

IMG_7035 (resized).JPGIMG_7035 (resized).JPG

IMG_7027 (resized).JPGIMG_7027 (resized).JPG

#50 7 years ago

Sending PM

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs-not-sure-weather-to-sell-or-part and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.