• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hshs (resized).jpg
IMG_20191124_225803 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I was about to buy a replacement beacon motor when I found a side note to check the Triac driver board first. I think that I know what the Triac driver board is, but how do I check it?

#2 4 years ago

I'm interested too, found this link

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repairing-beacon-motor-for-hs2-and-possibly-others

In terms of checking the Triac board, its the board top right hand corner of the backbox....I'm certainly not an expert..but the schematic from the manual is below.

I'd check that fuse in F1, to see if it's blown..

Then maybe get a meter onto some of the outputs to see if anything is leaving the board to the resistor board

Page 3-16 and 3-17 might also help to check if any power is getting to the boards and leaving them?

Hope that helps..

IMG_20191124_225803 (resized).jpgIMG_20191124_225803 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

but how do I check it?

Check the fuse first. If good continue to next step, if bad replace it and retest the beacon.
Turn on game. Then check for AC volts on J-2. If good go to the next step, if bad look for a bad connection or broken wire.
Connect a jumper from J-2 pin 5 to J-3 pin 1. Does beacon come on, yes then the motor is good and your issue is the triac board or PDB board. If the beacon doesn't work you need to move to the resistor board. With the jumper still in place check for AC volts on J-1 of the resistor board. If good then the motor is bad or it has a bad wire going to it. If no volts then check for AC volts at J-2 of the resistor board. If good then one of the resistors is bad on the resistor board. If bad then you have a bad connector or a broken wire in between the triac board and the resistor board.

hshs (resized).jpghshs (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

Thanks you for your help. I found with your help that I do have power going to the beacon. I also found a link where you pull apart the housing and re-grease the gears. This brought the motor back to life!

#5 4 years ago

Great news! Glad I managed to help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 72.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs-getaway-beacon-motor-troubleshooting?hl=biglouie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.