Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nikrox2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Just picked this game up and so far so good. All working good and seems to play great. (The Roulette wheel did squeak a bit when rotating yesterday, but then that went way, so any tips on that would be nice) (Sometimes the ball will go into the roulette wheel, sit there until the game runs thru the solenoids, then the roulette wheel will start rotating and drop the ball, so thought this may be normal?)

This posting is in regard to some delay issues I'm seeing. First - when hitting the start button. It may take 10-20-30 seconds before the game starts. If I hit it more than once, I get added players of course...

Then when the ball drains, it counts all bonus', then it waits - say 10 seconds, before it kicks out the next ball.

Both of these sound like very little time, but when ready to start a game or shoot the next ball, waiting any amount of time seems like its forever.

Any one else have similar issues? I'm searching for a manual, but all else seems to be working fine..just these delays makes you want to move over to another machine while it's waiting...ugh

Any and all help is appreciated!

#2 4 years ago

Sounds like maybe a ball trough issue; balls getting stuck, balls not registering on switches etc...

I would start there! Maybe someone also has some other ideas.

#3 4 years ago

Possible trough divots.

#4 4 years ago

I'll check when I get home. When the balls drain, the points/bonus' are quickly added on, then it sticks on the last bonus screen..and hangs there for a while, then kicks out the ball.

Same as start up - it'll go thru diff screens on the display, even after hitting the start button, then for no reason, it starts the game up.

3 weeks later
#5 4 years ago

ok, I have an update. After I get my games in, I send the boards off to my "mentor" and he goes through them thoroughly, which usually eliminates 90% of any issues (then I "try" to handle the rest) I'm starting to "learn" the board work, but besides the physicality of doing it correctly, there's still that "knowledge" factor that I'm way off on, so maybe one day...we shall see.

Back to HRC -

Power Supply - Q3, Q4 & Q5 - reseated, cold solder joints and pads lifted all fixed, one resistor replaced, replaced fuse clips
Driver Board - Q1, Q2, Q12 and Q15 reworked previously hacked repairs, checked all transistors and caps
MPU - Removed battery's and installed NVram, cleaned up old flux

So now this thing is singing! No delays, from start to finish. Pretty cool game with all of the different screens and features. May go in the line up.

#6 4 years ago

I do now have to rebuild 2 pop bumpers - not only are the aprons a mess and chipped, but two of the 3 have broken "ring & rod" assemblies.

After that, this one is complete and ready to play!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 12.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hrc-delays?hl=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.