Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fester (resized).jpg
    euro (resized).jpg
    Bed (resized).jpg
    007D3D0F-CD1A-40FC-B95A-9986AD0F8B29 (resized).jpeg
    35ED438E-1CF2-43F0-8B2D-586268F46615 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 5 years ago

After spending thousands over the years for a variety of 3 foot high fancy pants expensive padded uncomfortable name brand junk last time I went with the cheapest sealy “firm” mattress from J.C. Penney. $700 total for cal king mattress and box spring. Best I have ever had by a mile. A basic firm mattress is the way to go for me. 3years in and it is still nice and solid. Every other one I had would develop pits and valleys, I always felt like I was falling down a hole into hell when I climbed in bed. Firm is much better for the back than settling into a pile of foam IMO. It is comfortable, I sleep great, I have no pains, done. YMMV of course.

No use trying to figure out the brand and model by your research and recommendations. The whole mattress industry is a marketing joke based on obfuscation. They make the same mattress but give it a different name for different stores that sell them so they can make comparisons difficult. And they change the names around constantly for the same mattress. There are no logical specifications that allow you to compare different versions. All you can do is try one and see if it works for you.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Nail on the head.
    There are only so many things you can do to a mattress.
    Most big mattress companies may have say 10 different mattresses - sold with 100 different labels on them.
    The bigger stores want an “exclusive” name, so you can’t walk down the road to Dave’s shop and buy the same mattress for $500 cheaper. Makes them look bad.
    As an example, we used to sell a Sleepmaker queen size bed with double pillow top. Great middle of the range bed. We sold it for $1199 (whole bed) The two huge chain stores in town had the exact same product (with a different ticking colour and different badge) for $1799 and $1999.
    The only difference was the extra $500 and $700 those guys were pocketing.
    What was always funny (however quite disheartening) was when people would come and look at my $1199 bed, then go and buy the $1999 bed from the flash store, because they believed because it cost more, it was better. Despite me telling them it was identical inside (with cutaways to prove it)
    Oh well ... fools and their money ...
    rd

Good to hear it straight from someone who has lived it from the inside. This sort of stuff is out there if you want to do some internet searching and read up on it, that's what I did last time I was shopping.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hows-your-sleep-mattress-advice?tu=xsvtoys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.