(Topic ID: 248624)

How’s your daily commute?

By Luckydogg420

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180814_083425 (resized).jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1e5 (resized).jpeg
    download (14) (resized).jpg
    bed2 (resized).jpg
    bed1 (resized).jpg
    237F0CE0-2DB2-43A9-B098-335AA00C5257 (resized).jpeg
    K7DfQYg.png
    Screenshot_20190803-111808 (resized).png
    2004042420-300x0 (resized).jpg
    20190726_113232 (resized).jpg
    CT 1 (resized).jpg
    20190306_081649 (resized).jpg
    20181023_180950 (resized).jpg
    D826F83F-CB29-4864-B502-A1F6F1337BB3 (resized).jpeg
    D19101A9-7D25-45F4-9744-08C691D42DA1 (resized).jpeg
    High-speed-Pinball-Williams-Spinner-2474 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 4 years ago

I had a 35 to 45 minutes each way daily commute since 1985. By 2017, it grew to an hour to 1:15 each way. I retired from that job two years ago. I now have a 17 minutes each way commute. This affords me 8 to 10 hours a week of additional personal time. That's priceless plus the salary & benefits are better and I collect two pensions.

While I love to drive, I'll never do anything like that again. My son loves to drive as well but I told him you don't want a long commute. His new job in Reno has a 7 minute each way commute on surface streets, with a view. Here's a picture from the other day....
    Screenshot_20190803-111808 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190803-111808 (resized).png

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

It's up to 18 lanes now[quoted image]

I don't miss the trips to Toronto, Raglan and Guelph as the traffic became brutal on the 401. The benefit was for my last night I'd take the QEW to Niagara Falls and stay there.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Nice view but the drive looks too uphill in that pic.

He has one foothill to climb as he lives a block away from IGT and maybe three from Bally/WMS (Scientific Games).

3 weeks later
    #75 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

3.5 miles each way, one traffic light and a couple stop signs.
    Quit a good job last year after a couple months. When I interviewed one afternoon, it was a 40 min cruise there and back, about 45 miles, almost all expressway. But during actual rush hour, that quickly doubled. I ended up going in earlier than I needed to just to keep it at 45 min, but there was no escaping the 90 in grind home, which could have doubled in the winter. Nope, not for me. 500 miles a week, filling up 2 times a week. Tank of gas lasts me a month now, if I were to only drive to work.

Agreed. I live near you and for 32 years had a 32 mile each way commute to Troy when I wasn't flaying somewhere. It used to be 35-45 minutes each way. Two years ago when I retired from there, the commute grew to 50-60 minutes there and 75-90 minutes home.

I got a job 15 minutes away (7 miles, no freeways). I gained 7-10 hours a week in personal time right there. That's not including better salary, pension money and other sweet benefits.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I like the food further north or west myself. Not that much into the southern Chinese food.Like it more in Beijing and Shanghai although my favourite of all is out in Sichuan.

I like the Chinese food by my home. Four places within two miles. #17, #23, #41 and #48 are my favorites at the closest one. And they're open on Christmas for some strange reason.....

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

About an hour an 20 minutes through country roads, each way. I work for the “fracking “ industry in northeast Pennsylvania. It’s boom town here with work for truck drivers. If anyone is looking for a job in the Scranton or Binghamton areas please pm me. My company is hiring like crazy and we are owned by the oil and gas company so we will always have work.

The Fracking industry has been booming for almost ten years in the US. Many more Tank Trailers built above average levels.

Ironically for you, Heil Trailer closed their Lancaster, Pennsylvania plant that made sand-hauling tank trailers fifteen years ago when the market was so bad. Production was transferred to Texas and Tennessee back then.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I've never been to North america yet, but i'll wager the Chinese food you are used to is nothing like the food in China.
    I know this because i have been in china with people from the Staes and they all say that.
    Little fact in restaraunts in China, the only time you'll be served rice is at the end of the meal if you aks for it and that will be a bit of an insult or a comment about yourself as you only order rice if you are still hungry at the end of the meal. And it's steamed rice, not fried.

What is fried rice?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hows-your-daily-commute?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.