• Latest reply 6 years ago by mrbanjo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s1tilt (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Gottlieb ball tilt relay. This says NC that cant be right is it?
I thought the ball rolled up and closed the switch?

s1tilt (resized).jpgs1tilt (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

The ball, if it was in your photo. Would roll up, touching that long blade. That blade will push on the small plastic spacer, "opening" that contact next to the plastic spacer.

When the Roll Ball triggers that contact. Your game should go to Game Over.

#3 6 years ago

So on this one it is open til ball closes?
My machine the contacts are open, so I checked continuity across the leads and have continuity with them being open.
Thinking there would be NO continuity until they closed...........continuity closed or open Hows that work?

#4 6 years ago

Most Gottlieb have open TILT switches in the tilt relay. Like the bob in your photo.

The anti cheat switches are NC, the bounce switch is NC, back box anti-cheat is also closed. Ball Roll switch is NC.
These closed switches are on the schematic, generally on the lower right side.

#5 6 years ago

Can you let us know which game this is, Thanks.

#6 6 years ago

Sorry.............72 wildlife. My question is why is there continuity on the leads when the contacts are open?

#7 6 years ago

coils, ground loops, lots of reasons, did you turn off the power?

#8 6 years ago

Power off........... Wouldn't it be the same as if I jumpered across the terminals?
wouldn't think there would be continuity until the contacts closed

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from mrbanjo:

Power off........... Wouldn't it be the same as if I jumpered across the terminals?
wouldn't think there would be continuity until the contacts closed

Open switches can have continuity through another path, but there should be resistance from coils or the transformer. Try reading the ohms. It should be greater than zero when the switches are open, and zero when closed.

#10 6 years ago

Also- my guess is the game is non functional with that switch open... is that not the case here?

#11 6 years ago

Switch would be open on 72 gottlieb......ball rolls up the chute and closes switch

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hows-this-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.