Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by underlord
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

55567tr.jpg
    image-68.jpg
    joshandjacobin35years.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheDarkKnight68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi guys, I'm a couple years into the hobby, so I'm not like some of you who have seen the heyday and the rock bottom of pinball. Pretty exciting (I think? You tell me) to see some primo titles prices coming down. Just saw an Avengers in the market for well under 4k. Saw a Transformers for a similar price last week. So, while I am educated in basic economics, how do you "old timers" see this going specifically with pinballs? Pretty sure you guys have been through this a few times. My curiosity isn't on the "fringe"- I know MM, TZ, BBB and the highest of the highs won't change a lot soon or will be the last to change, but it appears that things may become interesting in other regards. For instance, if a HUO Pro model and the "2nd tier" of higher dollar machines- Shadow, GNR, STTNG etc etc get identical in price (getting close in some examples), it seems that may change the buying/selling game a tad. Will everything shift down? Will everything shift up? Just food for thought.

joshandjacobin35years.jpgjoshandjacobin35years.jpg

#16 9 years ago

I'm just excited when anything I am involved with comes down in price, as I wouldn't mind early retirement one bit. I'm a half full guy (and it's a hobby for me, I always, always lose money on a pin because I choose to- not about that), so to me it's more fun available to more people. While financially I could buy NIB's, I will only spend so much on a pin- I didn't really think Id have a Pro anything anytime soon, but now the possibility could be there for me. Probably a lot of folks like that I would imagine. Whether its a lack of capitol, or an inability to rationalize 6 or 8 grand in my brain for a pinball, the titles will be accessible to more peeps at 3k than 6k. I like it.

55567tr.jpg55567tr.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheDarkKnight68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hows-pricing-going-to-shake-out?tu=TheDarkKnight68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.