(Topic ID: 261215)

How you chose your first pins?

By Jimredsox

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimredsox:

Buying first two pins. Need some help. First post first pins. I got hooked playing at a game room. Now want to add two to our home. I can only get two... my top choices based on our room theme and games I enjoy are Batman 66, Ghostbusters, and the Simpsons. Now I might have to add the new Monster Bash Remake. Is it me or does the Chicago Gaming Machine a more solid built machine? Any thoughts on the quality of the games listed? Thanks to any advice!

Ghostbusters is the worst game ever made. Avoid. Batman is OK. Theme goes a long way, but gameplay is cheap and clunky. Simpsons Pinball Party is fantastic, but highly unlikely you’ll find it new.

Consider buying classic Bally Williams 90s games. New doesn’t = better. Gameplay, rules, and build quality in classic games are far superior to what’s being made brand new.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You buy a 90s game, you're buying 20 to 30 yr old stuff. Lots of maintenance, but to be expected. Good games then, have a few myself. Just more issues generally than new

Any 90s game, once repaired & shopped out, will have minimal issues in a home environment. I’ve had tons of old games and tons of new games. I’ve had way more problems with some new games than I’ve ever had with my old games. New doesn’t = maintenance free.

All games will require some work & maintenance.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimredsox:

Thanks rarehero. Can you give me your top five 90s so I can do some research and try and play? Interesting the repair guy at the arcade said the same thing.

Take a look at my collection. Hard to pick a Top 5! Bally-Williams made lots of excellent games with different themes & design styles. Something for everyone.

For the record, I’m not a “Stern hater”, but I’m not part of the current cult of NIB-only new hobbyists. I have 7 Sterns & have had many more. Stern games pre-2014 are generally designed & built better than the current ones. Their new JP is very cool, though. That’s the only SPIKE system game I’d personally want to pick up one day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 49.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.95
$ 55.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-you-chose-your-first-pins-?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.