Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Craig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shrn.png
    download.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 11.18.19 AM.png
    #1 8 years ago

Pitchfork just put out a teaser video for their Paris show featuring a custom pinball.

https://vimeo.com/129604653

It's a former Congo. The fact that they'd go to this length for a teaser video tells you how hot pinball is as a cultural icon right now.

Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 11.18.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-06-12 at 11.18.19 AM.png

#2 8 years ago

Years ago someone built a p-roc based Getaway rethemed into an Audi base machine with a full 3d-engine Audi "game" running on the backglass (coordinated from shots in the game). It was used in commercials in Europe.

I think it's just than pinball still has more mainstream cultural awareness in Europe.

You can find the video over on pinballcontrollers.com

Found it:
    http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=156.msg3993#msg3993

That was built in 2010. That's five years ago... Makes Fast seem a little slow if you ask me

#4 8 years ago

Pitchfork - The place that hipsters go to in order to find out what obscure band is okay to listen to. In honesty though, I have found quiet a few new bands through that website that I love now, just don't read their reviews.

download.jpgdownload.jpg
    Pretentious pricks they are.

#5 8 years ago

Man, Congo prices are so overblown now I wonder what this custom would go for?

EDIT: With a powerball no less

#6 8 years ago

I like that Getaway re-theme even more, although I appreciate the nice graphic design on this re-theme.

#7 8 years ago

shrn.pngshrn.png

#8 8 years ago

I don't know about other parts of the world, but here in the US the economy is starting to take off again. Housing prices are getting back close to where they were before the start of the recession and people are starting to spend much more money on non-essential items again. I think used Pinball prices will start going up at a more rapid pace too.

#9 8 years ago

I'm trying to find out more about it, I know someone at Pitchfork. He thinks it was done by their Paris agency.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I know someone at Pitchfork. He thinks it was done by their Paris agency.

To promote the Their Paris show, damn you must have big connections to find that nugget out

2 weeks later
    #11 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

To promote the Their Paris show, damn you must have big connections to find that nugget out

#12 8 years ago

I thought Pitchfork was the best thing ever around 2009ish, but I stopped paying much attention to them in the last few years.

This is great though! I'd probably purchase a Pitchfork pin, as long as it didn't talk and just played through their playlists. It would have to include a "next track" button on the lockdown bar to skip through songs though.

#13 8 years ago

I've never heard of Pitchfork until today. Are they like a Rolling Stone magazine type entity?

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

I've never heard of Pitchfork until today. Are they like a Rolling Stone magazine type entity?

Think more Williamsburg and less LA.

#16 8 years ago

The best example of this is when people quit their job/career they were educated/trained for to make a hobby their new career.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Here's a behind the scenes video:

Interesting. I suppose they used a TZ powerball to provide contrast.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-you-can-tell-pinball-is-hot-right-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.