You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

57736012.jpg
image-612.jpg
1.164941.jpg
WickedLogoIllustrator.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmontana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'll start off by saying I absolutely love my woz, I've had it over year and have put over 1000 plays on it. Anytime someone comes over for the first time I always show them my collection and especially show off my woz.

But my love for this game is where my problem began.

My wife and I normally have 2 Christmases, one with my family and one with hers. As I am someone who gives many hints on what I like, her family always buys us great gifts (got a nice charcoal smoker from her mom this year). Even when I get something I didn't 'ask' for it is usually something I love since they try and put some thought into it. Her Aunt and Uncle usually get us a gift card to either a restaurant we go to or a store we often shop at.

Back to the woz. They all know I'm really into pinball and especially know how much I love my woz. This got them thinking that I must really love the movie (I like it but it's not like I'm some kind of hardcore fan). So this year they decided since we must really love the movie what could be a better gift than to buy us (and the rest of the family) tickets to see this.

WickedLogoIllustrator.jpgWickedLogoIllustrator.jpg

Now normally having to go see a musical wouldn't be that bad, however, besides being into pinball I'm a die hard Detroit Lions fan. As many of you know they have made it into the playoffs for only the second time in god knows how many years.

So I'm sure you can guess when the musical is... yup the same day/time as the Lions playoff game. So instead of watching my beloved Leos in the post season I'll be watching this
1.164941.jpg1.164941.jpg

FML

#9 9 years ago

Yeah I'm planning on recording it, but seeing as the musical is in dt detroit I fear that I will hear about the outcome before I get home

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

You're complaining that your family was nice enough to give a thoughtful present? It's a fantastic musical. DVR the game and watch it when you get back home, or just give the tickets to someone who would actually appreciate it.

I know i shouldn't be bitchin too much, like i said they always give thoughtful gifts but what timing? The Lions have sucked for so long and I've stayed a loyal fan the whole time, now that they have a decent team and have a chance at doing something in the post season I'll be missing it

#18 9 years ago

It's a knockout game, lose and the season is over

#20 9 years ago

Btw, my wife loves everyone who has posted thus far

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

What do you mean, *if* they lose? It's the Lions if course they'll lose.

What time do the Bears play?

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

I know they suck, I'm not delusional.

And if it wasn't for Romo and his ability to choke I wouldn't have a lot of faith in the Lions

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

I actually have a GREAT idea. Post the tickets on CL and try to trade with someone for another day, even if you have to add a little cash it would be worth it

If it was just the wife and I, I'd definitely look into that. But we are going as a large group.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Does your wife know you are posting in public that you think her present for you sucks?

Actually my wife is not happy about going either but more so because it's on a sunday evening and she would much rather prefer to sit on the couch with me and watch the games.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If that is the case then you both should not go. The tickets have a negative value to you.

I told my wife that when her mom, aunt, and uncle show up to pick us up we should turn off all the lights and pretend we're not home.

#83 9 years ago

So I was totally lied to.... There was no subtext like in south park.

Seriously though the musical was ok. I did kind of feel like the story cheapened the movie a bit however.

As for recording the game, I was doing great with not knowing what was going on in the game until intermission when the girl sitting right behind me turned to her friend and said "oh it looks like the Lions lost" grrrr

Oh well, such is the life of a Lions fan. btw that was a bs non pass interference call.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmontana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-woz-ruined-my-xmasnew-year?tu=tmontana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.