Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by meSz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

57736012.jpg
image-612.jpg
1.164941.jpg
WickedLogoIllustrator.jpg

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

I do fell your pain.I saw Wicked 8 years ago and it was a great show.It has been running on Broadway for over 10 years now so the show is legit.It is a shame it has to hit on the same time as the game cause you won't be able to enjoy it.Being you are going with the family,make the best of it.Go Lions!

#52 5 years ago

How about a radio with headphones in one ear? I'm sure there will be many others there in your same situation.

#53 5 years ago

I actually have a GREAT idea. Post the tickets on CL and try to trade with someone for another day, even if you have to add a little cash it would be worth it

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

I actually have a GREAT idea. Post the tickets on CL and try to trade with someone for another day, even if you have to add a little cash it would be worth it

If it was just the wife and I, I'd definitely look into that. But we are going as a large group.

#55 5 years ago

As a fan, are you disappointed this didn't get a suspension? Or thrilled that he is playing?

image-612.jpg

I love the NFL, but seriously, that disappointed me.

And really, Wicked is an awesome show. DVR the game and the whole family is happy.

#56 5 years ago

Don't worry! The Lions are going to lose anyways. Why put yourself through 3 hours of torture watching your beloved teams get killed.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

What time do the Bears play?

They have a bye week this week. Next week, the Lions and Bears schedule will be the same.

#58 5 years ago

Watching them lose on the DVR is just not as exciting as watching them throw a game away live is it? But when its all over Wicked is definitely more entertaining and has no commercials either.

These playoff weekends are exciting though and I look so forward to them every year. Unfortunately its hard to imagine the Lions consistently playing at the level we will see from other teams next weekend

#59 5 years ago

Look at the good side .... the musical, or whatever the hell it is, will give you at least 90 minutes of entertainment you can watch. The football game on the other hand will have approximately 11 minutes of actual entertainment. The remaining time the game is on will be commercials, players standing around, cheerleaders that will eventually sue the NFL, replays, some knucklehead in NY telling you why a penalty is a penalty and why the ruling should or should not be overturned and of course the field reporter, reporting on whatever the guys in the booth feeds her/him through their earpiece!

enjoy the show!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406

Post edited by meSz: added supporting URL as I know someone will challenge the 11 minutes

#60 5 years ago

I was almost thinking (hopping) it was some kind of las vegas cabaret

#61 5 years ago

Just enjoy the subtext.

If you do not get that, watch the South Park episode about Wicked.

#62 5 years ago

As a die hard Bears fan, my only consolation is that at least your team made it to the playoffs and doesn't suck ass. Good luck to!

#63 5 years ago

It all depends on your previous patterns. If you never miss a game on TV and are a die-hard fan, you will not go to the musical. Its the playoffs man, the playoffs!!!! I have my whole family trained that way so it is never even considered. Family dinners, reunions, birthdays.......sorry the Bears game is on and I have priorities. They all go and I stay home in front of the tube all by myself in the peace and quiet. They all have come to respect this over the years so they know better. If however this has never come up before, you are screwed and should probably go to Wicked to maintain peace in the family. Good Luck.

#64 5 years ago

I LOVED Wicked...... however, missing my team in the playoffs for the first time in years?! I don't think so. Sorry folks but there is something to watching the game live (even via TV). I'd convince family to sell the tickets and go another night.
I know. Heathen right? My advance apologies to your wife. But I would miss a hair cut and color for a playoff game! Ok. Lots of you won't get that but missing a hair appointment is a major sin.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

I LOVED Wicked...... however, missing my team in the playoffs for the first time in years?! I don't think so. Sorry folks but there is something to watching the game live (even via TV). I'd convince family to sell the tickets and go another night.
I know. Heathen right? My advance apologies to your wife. But I would miss a hair cut and color for a playoff game! Ok. Lots of you won't get that but missing a hair appointment is a major sin.

Finally, I read through this whole thread thinking wtf, and finally it was a female that made the manliest comment over all you musical loving pussies!

If I was a Lions fan, given the chance to see a fucking unicorn live at the time is something I would NOT be missing for any dancing and singing whatever on stage, I don't care how good it supposedly is.

I would politely state to the giver, "thanks, but I gotz plans already", and not sway for the world. Jesus...

#66 5 years ago

Does your wife know you are posting in public that you think her present for you sucks?

#67 5 years ago

not from his wife... from wife's aunt and uncle. fair game

#68 5 years ago

57736012.jpg
#69 5 years ago

i like expensive & nice sandals. have several of them, and my family knows about it.
i'd be a little bummed if i got tickets to see a musical about sandals on the same night as a big game.

...just saying

#70 5 years ago

Enjoy your musical, bro.

#71 5 years ago

I'm pissing my pants... love it... the last picture just made it for me... Enjoy the theater !

You can be that guy that has the headphones in the ear yelling 'Touchdown' during the show...

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Does your wife know you are posting in public that you think her present for you sucks?

Actually my wife is not happy about going either but more so because it's on a sunday evening and she would much rather prefer to sit on the couch with me and watch the games.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Actually my wife is not happy about going either but more so because it's on a sunday evening and she would much rather prefer to sit on the couch with me and watch the games.

If that is the case then you both should not go. The tickets have a negative value to you.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If that is the case then you both should not go. The tickets have a negative value to you.

I told my wife that when her mom, aunt, and uncle show up to pick us up we should turn off all the lights and pretend we're not home.

#75 5 years ago

As a Lions fan, the fact that you will miss the game actually makes me believe a little more in the possibility that the Lions win. A die hard Lions fan missing only the second playoff win in 57 years, and first since 1991. Sounds about right. If they win, would you agreeable to going to Wicked during the next week's game in Seattle?

#76 5 years ago

Dohhhhhh

#77 5 years ago

Seems to me the SPIRIT of Christmas has certainly been missed here, why didn't you just tell the relatives thanks but "its not the gift I want", I am pretty sure you smiled and thanked them profusely and now slag them.

If you really want to pass the spirit, why not contact the salvation army, or such group and let them sponser a single parent and child that would appreciate the gift.

Maybe this year a huge slice of humble pie is in order.

Just my two cents worth

#78 5 years ago

I'm surprised at all the love here for this terrible musical. Two hours and a couple hundred dollars I will never get back watching that thing. Still, time better spent than watching the Lions get pummeled by the Cowboys.

#79 5 years ago

So...how was Wicked?

#80 5 years ago

So as I was saying- when Detroit loses...

#81 5 years ago

After my teams most hideous performance last night I almost want to edit my suggestion to skip the play... it was PAINFUL to watch. But not as PAINFUL as it would have been to watch the Lions piss away a great lead (Sorry beelzeboob) to the Cowboys.
What a shitty football weekend.... ugh. Hope Wicked was awesome!

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Finally, I read through this whole thread thinking wtf, and finally it was a female that made the manliest comment over all you musical loving pussies!
If I was a Lions fan, given the chance to see a fucking unicorn live at the time is something I would NOT be missing for any dancing and singing whatever on stage, I don't care how good it supposedly is.
I would politely state to the giver, "thanks, but I gotz plans already", and not sway for the world. Jesus...

Just goes to show many of those stereotypes we think are true.... are not!

#83 5 years ago

So I was totally lied to.... There was no subtext like in south park.

Seriously though the musical was ok. I did kind of feel like the story cheapened the movie a bit however.

As for recording the game, I was doing great with not knowing what was going on in the game until intermission when the girl sitting right behind me turned to her friend and said "oh it looks like the Lions lost" grrrr

Oh well, such is the life of a Lions fan. btw that was a bs non pass interference call.

#84 5 years ago

After my teams most hideous performance last night I almost want to edit my suggestion to skip the play... it was PAINFUL to watch. But not as PAINFUL as it would have been to watch the Lions piss away a great lead (Sorry beelzeboob) to the Cowboys.
What a shitty football weekend.... ugh. Hope Wicked was awesome!

You mean the loss to Baltimore was more hideous then the loss to Tampa and NY Jets?? Of the 5 losses the Steelers had this year 4 of those were to teams that had losing records. Steelers had only two losses all season to a team with a winning record, both of which were to Baltimore! I'm sure Chef (aka Mike Tomlin) had words of wisdom for this latest loss!!!

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

You mean the loss to Baltimore was more hideous then the loss to Tampa and NY Jets?? Of the 5 losses the Steelers had this year 4 of those were to teams that had losing records. Steelers had only two losses all season to a team with a winning record, both of which were to Baltimore! I'm sure Chef (aka Mike Tomlin) had words of wisdom for this latest loss!!!

Ouch those are painful memories- sure was a mixed bag this season. Beating so many legit teams, loosing to some illegit....

#86 5 years ago

Ouch those are painful memories- sure was a mixed bag this season. Beating so many legit teams, loosing to some illegit....

yeah and please accept my apologies for bringing those memories back!!! Go PENS!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside