2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How would you rank those new Stern title now just 2 Game GoT or Kiss”

• GoT pro 21 votes
      68%
    • Kiss pro 10 votes
      32%

(31 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Walking_Dead_Score_(resized).jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Looking at a few games and wondering wich one to get .
    so here is my question how would you rank them and any of those title you really need to go with the premium other than pro ? or you would not consider pro at all .
    Kiss,GoT ,TWD, GB,

thx

#2 2 years ago

TWD Pre
    GOT Pro
    GB Pro
    Kiss just doesn't belong in this list at all.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjm:

Looking at a few games and wondering wich one to get .
    so here is my question how would you rank them and any of those title you really need to go with the premium other than pro ? or you would not consider pro at all .
    Kiss,GoT ,TWD, GB,
    thx

No Star Trek on this list??

#4 2 years ago

Ghostbusters
    TWD
    GOT
    Kiss---never

#5 2 years ago

no love for Kiss ?

#6 2 years ago

I really like Kiss... great game with some great shots....of course if you hate the music, then its going to ruin it for you (kind of like Metallica music ruins it for me, yet its a great game). My vote would go to TWD....interesting layout, good rules, exciting gameplay, zombie theme. GoT takes #3 in the list as I only played a few games on an LE but really enjoyed what I saw. No judgement on GB since I am still waiting for my pro and Stern can't be bothered responding to my emails (f**ktards)

#7 2 years ago

TWD
    GB
    GOT
    Kiss

#8 2 years ago

TWD PRO
    GOT PRO
    GB PREM
    TWD PREM
    GOT PREM
    GB PRO
    KISS

#9 2 years ago

TWD > GB > Kiss > GoT

At first I hated Kiss, but I have to say, after being forced to play it every week in leagues, I actually started to like it before they replaced it with Rolling Stones (which I despise).

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

TWD PRO
    GOT PRO
    GB PREM
    TWD PREM
    GOT PREM
    GB PRO
    KISS

You left Spiderman off your list

How many plays you have on GB premium?

#11 2 years ago

Hah 0. But I been around enough to know that I'd like it better than the TWD PREM I had and GOT PREM Ive played.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hah 0. But I been around enough to know it'll be better than the TWD PREM I had and GOT PREM Ive played.

Aerosmith is the best though. Whatever title is after that is even better.

#13 2 years ago

You buy Stern games from distributors, not the (f**ktards) themselves. What is emailing Stern gonna do?

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

You left Spiderman off your list
    How many plays you have on GB premium?

He didn't list smve but I'd put it below TWD PREM and above GOT PREM

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Aerosmith is the best though. Whatever title is after that is even better.

Oh you've seen the art package, layout, rules , and extensive hd video from a good player?

#16 2 years ago

Spidey is not on the list since i already have a black so no need to switch it

#17 2 years ago

1 - GB
    2 - TWD
    3 - Met/ST
    4 - everything else (kiss and GoT just don't do it for me at all)

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cdoubleu1:

You buy Stern games from distributors, not the (f**ktards) themselves. What is emailing Stern gonna do?

Um, the distributors have no control on shipment....and Stern can at least respond to an email. Simple customer service concept.... have a page on your website to contact Stern.... after recieving the question, then showing the "we will respond to you within a day".... weeks later, nothing. After multiple emails, still nothing.

I don't care if its pinball, cable service, internet, car loan, credit card, whatever. If I have a simple question and I am the customer, take the time to respond.

And to keep the thread on point, TWD, Kiss, GoT, GB though I would go Premium on TWD if I could go back in time (not that the pro is bad)

#19 2 years ago

Kiss gets a lot of flack but its a point and shoot game. Is it better than GB, TWD, or GoT? No. But it is better than some titles just made a few years ago. Yes Stern should have put some adjustment in on moving the head so you don't get the STDMs (I have my Kiss set on drool.)

#20 2 years ago

GB
    TWD
    KISS
    GOT

#21 2 years ago

Thinking about a game in my home that I would play often vs. something I'd only have the chance to play on occasion my rank is below. My rank for go play a couple games OP would be different. I won't discount the themes because I'll assume you take that into account based on your tastes.

*GOT Pro*
    The good: Deep Rules in "advanced mode" would make this one better for home since it will take awhile to learn and master the order of things to get mega scores. Good sound. Also, not a ton of maintenance needed on the Pro. The last game on the list I would play on premise. Confusing to really understand what the houses mean or why they are important etc. However, the "BLACKWATER MULTIBALL" callout is very gratifying and not a difficult mode to start.

The bad: this ramp, that ramp, the other ramp, but somehow not a lot of flow still. Playfield art and design is lacking IMHO. Iron Throne toy on the Pro is so far out of my field of vision that it's a non-issue. Nothing visually special about this game.

GB Pro
    Well-themed, fun art and a wide variety of shots for both flow and stop and go. A nice balance. Fun for the whole family. Rules aren't super complex, but enjoy to keep you interested as you have to progress up the ladder. Better DMD animations than GOT.

The bad: Can be a tough game; family and friends may not enjoy it as much with so many stdm and outlane drains.

*KISS Prem*
    I think this game is a lot of fun and I do not enjoy KISS music. It's a fun game to play for a wide range of skills. If these games were all side by side on premise, I would play KISS more and first. A nice balance of easy easy shots and a couple tougher ones. If you like the theme, it's tough to beat. Nice job on the theme. People complain about SDTM with the head kickout, but I haven't experienced that once.

Also very good DMD animations.

The love gun floating ball is kinda funny, but not a 'must have'. Pro might be fine.

The bad: The rules aren't deep and could get kinda boring if it's the only game you get to play often. Gene Simmons' head on the playfield could potentially be tough to maintain.

*TWD*
    sadly, I haven't played this yet, so I won't comment or rank.

#22 2 years ago

Given those choices, I would much rather have my Mustang pro over Kiss, TWD pro and Got pro , only a few games on GB so's the jury is still out.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

*GOT Pro*
    The good: Deep Rules in "advanced mode" would make this one better for home since it will take awhile to learn and master the order of things to get mega scores.

The GoT rules are not deep. They're about as shallow as an early 90's B/W game. Just pound through the houses and get to the wizard mode. It's super easy to do, unfortunately. The only strategy is picking a different house on start. But you quickly learn some are more fun than others and end up always picking the same one or two houses on start. That eliminates all the strategy. I consider the GoT code about as deep as star trek is there was only one level of modes and Kobiyashi was the final wizard mode. Im not saying there's no strategy in the game. There are interesting scoring opportunities. But it's definitely not deep at all.

My GoT arrived and I loved it. Unfortunately it went unplayed after the first couple months and has been sold. Monkey, who started the "got kicks ass" thread sold his for the same reason even before I sold mine. The reason is entirely code.

#24 2 years ago

Wd prem.
    GB pro
    Top of list, everything else falls after.

#25 2 years ago

I prefer the walking dead pro an kiss pro models over the premium, only played ghostbusters pro, an unfortunately GOT isn't a game for me to make an opinion on.

#26 2 years ago

TWD Prem
    Met Pro
    TWD Pro
    GOT Pre
    Kiss Pro
    GOT Pro

GB (wait and play it - too early)

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The reason is entirely code.

I don't have enough games on an LE/Premium to be fair. Played a decent amount on the pro on location. I love Steve R. and the theme, but feel he missed the mark on this one. I don't think code if changed (which they likely won't) would help it much further. The shots are just not that fun to shoot. The throne on premium/LE hides the upper lanes and the upper play field takes up too much real estate and can't see under after balls fall off back from upper flipper shots. Even an awesome home run hitter like Steve is entitled to a miss now and then.

The pro, btw, has more flow but also feels barron. I'd buy IM and MET Pro two times over before a GOT pro IMHO.

#28 2 years ago

just one title or all title?

#29 2 years ago

If code is important to you then walking dead is going to be the winner. Ghostbusters is obviously on early code. I havent played kiss since the new code dropped but I found it to have fun shots. I hope game of thrones code will continue to change. Walking dead has great code as well as do several titles you didn't list.

#30 2 years ago

GB only for me

#31 2 years ago

From your list:
    TWD
    KISS
    GB but I haven't play
    GOT this game is awful..

#32 2 years ago

Met Pro (not on your list) = best play, best rules, best value and best music of course! but I am biased...

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hudson:

Met Pro (not on your list) = best play, best rules, best value and best music of course! but I am biased...

Met not on the list , because already in my collection

#35 2 years ago

Ghostbusters sucks right along with Kiss.

#36 2 years ago

1.GB
    2. GOT
    3. ST
    4. MET
    5. TWD
    6. KISS

#37 2 years ago

I have to say, whatever the list I would put KISS at the bottom. I've played it about a dozen times (of those, I forced myself to play it the last 10 times to see if I was missing something) and I'm just left with a "that's it?" feeling every time I play it. To me, this is a game Stern slapped a theme on knowing that it would sell to a certain crowd and put very little effort into actual gameplay.

BTW - can we please stop with the "old man bands" pins, Stern. I've tried to get my kids and their friends into pinball and themes like Rolling Stones, Metallica, Kiss just don't resonate. These aren't just their Dad's bands, they're their Grandpa's bands!

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

TWD PRO
    GOT PRO
    GB PREM
    TWD PREM
    GOT PREM
    GB PRO
    KISS

Why TWD pro over the premium? Most people seem to love the premium

#39 2 years ago

TWD - Both Pro or Premium are good options... Pro plays well but Premium gives it the full vibe and experience
    GB
    KISS
    GOT Premium
    GOT Pro - the main playfield doesn't have a lot going on, at least the Premium has a second playfield

#40 2 years ago

They are all good games. I've enjoyed every one, but if forced to name my 3 favorite here is what I would choose. Of course I haven't played the GB Prem but I have put about 20 games on a Pro and really liked it.

1. GB Prem
    2. ST
    3. SM

#41 2 years ago

ST, MET, and GB are the best. Those games are fun from the start and enough details to keep them fun many games after. Some games feel like a chore to learn rules and a long path to get where games are fun.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

I have to say, whatever the list I would put KISS at the bottom. I've played it about a dozen times (of those, I forced myself to play it the last 10 times to see if I was missing something) and I'm just left with a "that's it?" feeling every time I play it. To me, this is a game Stern slapped a theme on knowing that it would sell to a certain crowd and put very little effort into actual gameplay.
    BTW - can we please stop with the "old man bands" pins, Stern. I've tried to get my kids and their friends into pinball and themes like Rolling Stones, Metallica, Kiss just don't resonate. These aren't just their Dad's bands, they're their Grandpa's bands!

The problem is there are few relevant bands today that would make sales on theme alone. I think it would be cool if they used a rapper like Dre, Snoop or Eminem but I'm afraid what the art would look like. Any smaller band would have to sell on gameplay and code mostly. It would be almost like an original theme.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

The problem is there are few relevant bands today that would make sales on theme alone. I think it would be cool if they used a rapper like Dre, Snoop or Eminem but I'm afraid what the art would look like. Any smaller band would have to sell on gameplay and code mostly. It would be almost like an original theme.

Your last line, to me, is the most important. An original theme would be welcome. But most folks won't go with an original idea because: 1. its too much work 2. want to insure a buyer group with a familiar theme 3. general lack of creativity overall.

For those of you who had a chance to go to VFW this weekend, just walk along the SS and early DMD pins. Alot of original concepts. When did creativity officially die in the U.S.?

#44 2 years ago

GB Premium
    GB Pro
    TWD Premium
    TWD Pro

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The GoT rules are not deep. They're about as shallow as an early 90's B/W game. Just pound through the houses and get to the wizard mode. It's super easy to do, unfortunately. The only strategy is picking a different house on start. But you quickly learn some are more fun than others and end up always picking the same one or two houses on start. That eliminates all the strategy.

Relative to KISS and GB, it at least has that option for the rules. Maybe it's not Deep like TH or something, but of the three I've played, it seems the deepest.

That said, OP should listen to advice from someone who has owned it.

#46 2 years ago

lots of interesting point of views ( thanks to all of you )
    I ´ m suprise that kiss is not liked . I was under the impression that the gameplay was great when i was reading the comments a few month ´s ago ( I know that they need to finish / update the codes ) played 2 -3 games and flow feeled good for my 1 st impression.
    have not played the others but GB seems to get the vote for a good buy !
    so I ´ ll see wich combo I ´ll go for .( too bad we cant get them all )
    thanks again.

#47 2 years ago

I never played much of the newer Stern games as they release, if at all. But the ones I did manage to play are Metallica (skating rink, now moved away, and at ReplayFX) and The Walking Dead.

Metallica was on WAY outdated code. I even tried to push for an update, but I never went through with it, and a broken flipper (among other factors with the operator) caused basically all the arcade games to be removed. However, I did play a Metallica at ReplayFX, complete with updated code, and it was GLORIOUS. There was much more to do compared to the one located near me. (1.03 score: 113,098,520)

I had played The Walking Dead yesterday for the first time. It seemed as if the game was fully up to date, and even though the sound was turned down, it was still a blast to play, and I got a high score on my first game.

Here's hoping I get to find and play on games like Star Trek, Ghostbusters, and Game of Thrones, among others. I hear they are such a blast to play.

Walking_Dead_Score_(resized).jpg

#48 2 years ago

Twd pro (which is better than the prem)
    Gb pro (havent played the prem to comment)
    IM
    Startrek
    got pro (again the pro is better than the premium)
    SM
    Met
    Kiss

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Your last line, to me, is the most important. An original theme would be welcome. But most folks won't go with an original idea because: 1. its too much work 2. want to insure a buyer group with a familiar theme 3. general lack of creativity overall.
    For those of you who had a chance to go to VFW this weekend, just walk along the SS and early DMD pins. Alot of original concepts. When did creativity officially die in the U.S.?

Sometimes I wonder if it would be more work. Some designers talk about how hard it is to work on certain licenses and they would avoid that with an original license. Also I really love parody and a lot of the older original pins would use parody to get around a license. Deadly Weapon and No Good Gofers come to mind.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjm:

lots of interesting point of views ( thanks to all of you )
    I ´ m suprise that kiss is not liked . I was under the impression that the gameplay was great when i was reading the comments a few month ´s ago ( I know that they need to finish / update the codes ) played 2 -3 games and flow feeled good for my 1 st impression.
    have not played the others but GB seems to get the vote for a good buy !
    so I ´ ll see wich combo I ´ll go for .( too bad we cant get them all )
    thanks again.

Always be wary of reviews of games when they are new. They are usually skewed by people thinking they are great (because they are new and fresh) or they are terrible (because the code isn't up to scratch).

I tend to wait until a game has been out for a few months before paying heed to what people think of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 119.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 21.00
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 9,000.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside