You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20131109_211745.jpg
room layout.JPG
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I am working on final design for my game room and would like some ideas on game placement in the solid state portion. I have room for 14 games in a 2/7/5 configuration:

image.jpgimage.jpg

The floor will be epoxy, color (and also wall color) TBD.

How would you layout the following pins aesthetically?

1) Playboy - 1978
2) Eight Ball Deluxe - 1980
3) Pinbot - 1987
4) Time Machine (DE, 1988)
5) Whirlwind - 1990
5a) Bugs Bunny - 1991
6) Creature From The Black Lagoon - 1992
6a) Rocky & Bullwinkle - 1993
7) Safe Cracker - 1996
8) Scared Stiff - 1996
9) No Good Gophers - 1997
10) Medieval Madness - 1997
11) Monster Bash - 1998 **
12) Revenge From Mars - 1999
13) Monopoly - 2001
14) Star Trek LE - 2013
15) Wizard of Oz LE - 2014

Restrictions:
My wife loves TM, Pinbot, MM and NGG, so they must stay.
My daughter loves EBD. Must stay.
Playboy is a perfect restoration and must stay.
Only 14 of the 17 pins will fit.
STLE must be on an end.
PB, EBD, WW, TM, NGG, STLE, WOZLE all have real backglasses.
BBBB/R&B are leading candidates to move/get sold.
MM, RFM, Monopoly, STLE, WOZLE were all NIB purchases and probably stay.

How would you arrange them and why?

2:
7:
5:

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Chronological order. Or fly me over and I'll be a good help?

#3 10 years ago

Where's the bar and coffee machine? You could open that for business.

#4 10 years ago

Put them on their legs and set them to free play...that was easy

I would also sell BBBB and R&B...still leaves 1 more....Monopoly or RFM would be next, noting what you wife and daughter want to keep

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Where's the bar and coffee machine? You could open that for business.

The bar is on the other side of the two pin wall. No coffee machine, but there is a Coke machine in the EM area.

#6 10 years ago

Chronological... Judge Wopner says chronological , yes yes , chronological, they must be in order, yes. Hmmmmm

#7 10 years ago

I would probably tend to put like machines next to each other....guess I am kinda OCD like that. ie NGG,CFTBL,MM,SS,MB...2 Sterns together STLE,Monopoly (if you keep it)

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Chronological... Judge Wopner says chronological , yes yes , chronological, they must be in order, yes. Hmmmmm

Judge Wapner was once a WW2 soldier who fought for our rights to have pinball.

#9 10 years ago

Jim looks like you are dialing in your basement and thinning the herd is coming along. I would say sell Rocky, Bugs Bunny, Time Machine, and Eight Ball. Then I would recommend purchasing an AC/DC Luci, Metallica Pro, or Spiderman. Just my opinion on what I would do. Good Luck and hope it turns out awesome.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Jim looks like you are dialing in your basement and thinning the herd is coming along. I would say sell Rocky, Bugs Bunny, Time Machine, and Eight Ball. Then I would recommend purchasing an AC/DC Luci, Metallica Pro, or Spiderman. Just my opinion on what I would do. Good Luck and hope it turns out awesome.

Got to think of the folks around him... Why sell Time Machine and Eight Ball if that's the preferences of his loved ones?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not a fan of the current music pins, but like SM. I doubt EBD will ever leave, but the others are the first that will probably go.

#12 10 years ago

I would hire a focus group to determine what configuration would most likely replace my indecision with joy.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

I would hire a focus group to determine what configuration would most likely replace my indecision with joy.

You guys ARE my focus group.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You guys ARE my focus group.

It usually pays $100-$150.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

It usually pays $100-$150.

I'm very nearsighted and not that focused.

#16 10 years ago

So flying me over to help would be too far sighted?

#17 10 years ago

I'll need some time with the games at my house to give you a final opinion on layout.

#18 10 years ago

Make the 7 pin wall a 9 pin wall.

If you cant, then put RFM on the inside of the 2 pin wall and SC on the outside to create more space on the walkway.

#19 10 years ago

Looks like if I make one long wall, I can get 10 pins in instead of 9:

Any comments on this arrangement? My wife wants the colors to "flow", whatever that means.

10 STLE, NGG, CFTBL, MB, SS, MM, RFM, SC, Monopoly, PinBot
5 Whirlwind, Time Machine, Playboy, EBD, WOZ

#20 10 years ago

Keep the 10 pin wall a 9 pin wall, and give the 10th pin to the pinsider who lives the closest to you

#21 10 years ago

You'll end up selling Bugs bunny & the rest behind it + some in front so don't worry about space just yet. Trust me,I've been there,done that.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

You'll end up selling Bugs bunny & the rest

Agreed. I just didn't have the heart to tell him.

#23 10 years ago

Arrange by era and designer if you are looking for order.

I specifically try to put very dirrent syle games next to each other as I think that is more fun and I personally like to play my games right in order down the line.

Last night I played FT, Congo, LOTR, RFM, BK2K, SG, TAF, Centaur, RS

These are a continuous flow in my game rooms even through not on a single wall. I like the variety one after another.

#24 10 years ago

What's in E17. C1 and C2? Looks like safecracker type pin would fit in E17 (in addition). And looks like the 2 E18 pins could rotate and you could fit 3 in that row along with the 5 others. I'm sure there's reasons you didnt lay it out that way?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

What's in E17. C1 and C2? Looks like safecracker type pin would fit in E17 (in addition). And looks like the 2 E18 pins could rotate and you could fit 3 in that row along with the 5 others. I'm sure there's reasons you didnt lay it out that way?

A pin where E17 is cut off the entrance too much, now there is a TV there.

The original reason the two pins were on that wall was to open up a window at the far left side of the long wall, but it decided I didn't really care about that. By turning the two machines into the long row, there should be room to get 10 in the row instead of 2+7.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Ice9ers:

Keep the 10 pin wall a 9 pin wall, and give the 10th pin to the pinsider who lives the closest to you

That would probably work out better for you than me.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That would probably work out better for you than me.

Well, we can't always make everyone happy

#28 10 years ago

I hate to be the one to tell all you who got sucked into this discussion that the OP might have just as well said, " My penis is 12". Should I wear it to the left or right?"

He really isn't looking for input. He's really just looking to brag.

Sorry, OP. If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

I hate to be the one to tell all you who got sucked into this discussion that the OP might have just as well said, " My penis is 12". Should I wear it to the left or right?"

#30 10 years ago

I would say.........

MM and MB in the 2 solos on the top left.

WOZ and ST LE next to eachother. (If that is a bar on the bottom right, put them there with ST LE nearest to the bar)

Probably put Time machine, Pinbot, and WW next to eachother as well.

I wouldnt put MM, MB, WOZ, and ST LE all next to eachother. Just a big cluster F#*# of people watching.

Dont put high traffic machines in high traffic areas. (by doors)

#31 10 years ago

Well, I really am looking for input. My wife had me print out copies of the backglasses because she wanted to figure out what color the walls and floor should be and wants the rows of pins to look good and go well together. I was just going to arrange them in chronological order.

(MTPPC, sorry that you are less than 12". I guess the law of averages dictates that someone here had to be).

#32 10 years ago

Bored at work. Sorry about the war scene that broke out in the middle of your room.

room layout.JPGroom layout.JPG

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Bored at work. Sorry about the war scene that broke out in the middle of your room.

EDIT - Replace Rocky and B. with NGG. Didnt see that NGG had to stay.

room layout.JPG 141 KB

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

room layout.JPG 141 KB

I like the 5 row a lot.

#35 10 years ago

WTB: Booze LE

#36 10 years ago

Randomly placed without any thought. Kind of overthinking this?

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

He really isn't looking for input. He's really just looking to brag.
Sorry, OP. If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'.

Any you came in the thread a few times to look...

#38 10 years ago

Safecracker is a great game but hard to fit into any lineup with the "side wings" on (and looks bad with them off). Playboy machine won't line up well with any modern machines, but isn't like Safecracker.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Randomly placed without any thought. Kind of overthinking this?

Exactly. And if you don't like the way it turns out, move them around until you do. That's my method.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A pin where E17 is cut off the entrance too much, now there is a TV there.
The original reason the two pins were on that wall was to open up a window at the far left side of the long wall, but it decided I didn't really care about that. By turning the two machines into the long row, there should be room to get 10 in the row instead of 2+7.

Yes. The length of two is equal to the width of two and presumably you have at least 30" of player space there. Try a row of 10 and worst case you can put safe cracker in if you're tight.

#41 10 years ago

...but I do get the fun of planning and moving items around. My wife and I have record albums walls in the bar and we like figuring out what album to place next to another album and what colors look cool together.

Even though no one else would ever notice. They just see albums on the wall and enjoy checking them out.

Same as your pins. You and the wife will notice your placement of the pins, but everyone else will just see pinball machines. Not the science behind their layout.

#42 10 years ago

I would put safecracker at the c18 spot

#43 10 years ago

Let me solve this for you, I will store safecracker at my house for a few months while you figure it all out.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I am working on final design for my game room and would like some ideas on game placement in the solid state portion. I have room for 14 games in a 2/7/5 configuration:

The floor will be epoxy, color (and also wall color) TBD.
How would you layout the following pins aesthetically?
1) Playboy - 1978
2) Eight Ball Deluxe - 1980
3) Pinbot - 1987
4) Time Machine (DE, 1988)
5) Whirlwind - 1990
5a) Bugs Bunny - 1991
6) Creature From The Black Lagoon - 1992
6a) Rocky & Bullwinkle - 1993
7) Safe Cracker - 1996
Scared Stiff - 1996
9) No Good Gophers - 1997
10) Medieval Madness - 1997
11) Monster Bash - 1998 **
12) Revenge From Mars - 1999
13) Monopoly - 2001
14) Star Trek LE - 2013
15) Wizard of Oz LE - 2014
Restrictions:
My wife loves TM, Pinbot, MM and NGG, so they must stay.
My daughter loves EBD. Must stay.
Playboy is a perfect restoration and must stay.
Only 14 of the 17 pins will fit.
STLE must be on an end.
PB, EBD, WW, TM, NGG, STLE, WOZLE all have real backglasses.
BBBB/R&B are leading candidates to move/get sold.
MM, RFM, Monopoly, STLE, WOZLE were all NIB purchases and probably stay.
How would you arrange them and why?
2:
7:
5:
Thanks!

image.jpg 43 KB

I like putting the machines at a slight angle so you can get some view of the cabinet. I would do that and arrange accordingly.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

I like putting the machines at a slight angle so you can get some view of the cabinet. I would do that and arrange accordingly.

At an angle like this? I like it too,but takes up more space. This is just 4 of the 15 in my game room & space has been a broken since day 1. Although it's a good problem;-,

#46 10 years ago

Pic.

20131109_211745.jpg20131109_211745.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

£ 37.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-would-you-arrange-these-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.