(Topic ID: 138980)

How would you answer this question from your wife ?

By bepositive

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robotron
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from jasonvhsp:

I have told my wife not to sell any of my things should I die or become incapacitated, without getting an appraisal first. I can't have her selling all that stuff for what she thinks I paid for it!

Kiss is no longer a $500 game folks.

#52 8 years ago

Well that is a tough one...in our household, it would be what happens when we both are gone (as it is something we do together!)...Our kids will have to deal with our collection. They know who to call, and will keep their games and sell what they have to. Hopefully they will have a big ass party for us first!! So all our friends can celebrate with us one last time!

Phoebe

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from bepositive:

She asked . What am I going to do with all this stuff when you die ( pins , projects ,parts etc ) ? I aggressively built a big collection over last 25 years . Nobody plans to die suddenly but life happens . Asked couple pinball collectors , seems a common question . No fair plans to dispersal a collection have come to my attention . Do you have a plan ? Have you observed someone whose widow has gotten thru this and has good advise ? . Thanks Shane PS as usual have a good day

Tell her to contact one of your friends to see if they could handle selling off the pinball stuff if you suddenly die.

#54 8 years ago

I told my wife to have a auction

#55 8 years ago

I don't have a large enough collection for it to be a major issue.

I'll will them to my closest NMPL buddies where they will get played. (Northern Michigan Pinball League)

#56 8 years ago

My stuff will be on the curb. Keep an eye on the obit, someone will hit the jackpot!

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Out live her. Sell her crap. Buy more pins.
    Win Win
    LTG : )™

I wouldn't want to outlive my wife.

#58 8 years ago

Just asked my wife, she plans to burn them.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

in our household, it would be what happens when we both are gone (as it is something we do together!).

I have heard that some couples do die together.

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

My wife knows which of my pinball friends would be up to the task and have her best interest at hand. Sorry in advance guys if she ever calls you for this task as I know it will not be fun, but for your services I have already predesignated 1 game for each of you to get (it will be a non-working project where I have fucked one thing up on purpose just to piss you off when you are fixing it ).

Dibs on Centaur.

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

When I'm gone my brothers are gonna have the wake/party in my gameroom and everyone that attends will be given a stun gun. A while into the party after everyone is quite drunk one of my brothers will inform everyone to take out the stun guns and that the last person standing get's all the games.

That's just messed up

#62 8 years ago

No problem here.
    My son is the current Texas state champion so the machines will be in good hands for many years to come.

#63 8 years ago

Die hell last time I said I was gonna check out another pin she nearly killed me! I know who she'll give them to and he will keep the ones he wants and sell the others

#64 8 years ago

I have thought about this a lot lately. I had my left lung removed last year due to cancer and the cancer is back. I am trying to slowly thin down some stuff but just don't want to sell my pins, have thought about it though. I have done my best to keep her educated on the value even though she says she would never sell them. Soooooo I guess it truly will be up to her!

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from indy5mike:

I have thought about this a lot lately. I had my left lung removed last year due to cancer and the cancer is back. I am trying to slowly thin down some stuff but just don't want to sell my pins, have thought about it though. I have done my best to keep her educated on the value even though she says she would never sell them. Soooooo I guess it truly will be up to her!

Very sorry to hear this. A friend of mine went through this and came out fine so keep your head up and keep fighting.

#66 8 years ago

I have told my wife to go to four different people who are pin guys that I trust. I told her ask all 4 of them and they will price them. They will come in pretty close. and go with the ones that seem to be close in cost and price a few hundred dollars higher and negotiate.

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I have told my wife to go to four different people who are pin guys that I trust. I told her ask all 4 of them and they will price them. They will come in pretty close. and go with the ones that seem to be close in cost and price a few hundred dollars higher and negotiate.

good advice

#68 8 years ago

I spoke to my wife in a bit more detail about this last night (because of this thread). I gave her a few ideas of what I think would be cool. We also brainstormed ideas trying to think out of the box. The best 1 we came up with was possibly gifting all my games to a friend that I think would be game for opening up a place and running it for his retirement. Basically if she is finacially comfortable, then she would give the games to a specific person with the condition that he open a place where he would work on them and let people come play them on a regular basis. I have enough games now that combined with his games he could open a place and likely make a decent retirement income doing what he loves.

I just asked that place paid hoimage to me in the name. They will probably name it "Pricks Pinball Palace"

So if I pass before all you suckers then be sure to come drop some quarters at the pinball place in my namesake and drink a beer or 2.

#69 8 years ago

her new husband will enjoy them! he will thank you for collecting!

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-would-you-answer-this-question-from-your-wife/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.