(Topic ID: 138980)

How would you answer this question from your wife ?

By bepositive

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robotron
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

She asked . What am I going to do with all this stuff when you die ( pins , projects ,parts etc ) ? I aggressively built a big collection over last 25 years . Nobody plans to die suddenly but life happens . Asked couple pinball collectors , seems a common question . No fair plans to dispersal a collection have come to my attention . Do you have a plan ? Have you observed someone whose widow has gotten thru this and has good advise ? . Thanks Shane PS as usual have a good day

#2 8 years ago

Set up a will and give it all to PAPA or any pinball museum anywhere near you.

#3 8 years ago

I have a spread sheet with all my games (along with other valuable stuff) and 2 prices. Current market\insurance value...and a quick sale price..about 20-25% below current value

The wife also knows a few of my collector friends that would be will to help out also. She knows which game to keep for our daughter

If I ever checked out earlier...I guarantee you the first words from friends and family would be 'What's she gonna do with all those games?'

#4 8 years ago

I have told my wife not to sell any of my things should I die or become incapacitated, without getting an appraisal first. I can't have her selling all that stuff for what she thinks I paid for it!

#5 8 years ago

We know an auctioneer and my wife knows to call him and auction everything, pinballs, tools, and everything else .

#6 8 years ago

My collection would be easily liquidated, so my wife knows what to do if something happens to me.

I also know someone with more of a "junk" collection, bits and bobs, cabinets, stuff stashed floor to ceiling, and he's started a multi-year process of thinning it out so his wife doesn't get stuck with it if something happens.

I would think having ANY sort of plan would be prudent.

#7 8 years ago

You could always just outlive your wife.

Or put them up for sale on Pinside- You'd know the price would be fair market.

#8 8 years ago

I am fortunate to have pinball friends in the area who I can rely on if something happens to me. I have asked one of them to help her sell the ones that she doesn't want to keep.

#9 8 years ago

My wife knows which of my pinball friends would be up to the task and have her best interest at hand. Sorry in advance guys if she ever calls you for this task as I know it will not be fun, but for your services I have already predesignated 1 game for each of you to get (it will be a non-working project where I have fucked one thing up on purpose just to piss you off when you are fixing it ).

#10 8 years ago

I told her to come onto Pinside to get fair prices

Eric

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

My wife knows which of my pinball friends would be up to the task and have her best interest at hand.

This is our plan as well.

#12 8 years ago

I'm dead,I don't care

#13 8 years ago

"Stop planning to kill me!"

JK - I'm not married.

#14 8 years ago

The best advise I can give you is start a trust. Not just for pinball stuff but for all your assets. My father and grandparents have all passed away the last 3 years and my grandmother on my dad's side was the only one that went smoothly as she had a trust set up. In the trust you can have a provision for assets that change and have a side piece of paper listing them with your collection, tools, large purchased items and what to do with them. Just need to be signed and notarized each time it changes without having to change the whole trust.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from bepositive:

She asked . What am I going to do with all this stuff when you die ( pins , projects ,parts etc ) ?

Play it!

#16 8 years ago

"You die first."

#17 8 years ago

The heck with Pinside. Tell her to put them on eBay! They sell for three times as much there. A blown out DM will sell for $5500 on it. Just look, those are the prices they sell for. Buy It Now!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from bepositive:

What am I going to do with all this stuff when you die ( pins , projects ,parts etc ) ?

I would say "B!tch put down the gun and let's talk it out"

#19 8 years ago

Wife's next husband can enjoy all my pins once it's game over

#20 8 years ago

My kids wants my pins

#21 8 years ago

I don't have that many and not concerned at all. I limit number of pins to 7. Also my son and daughter would have no problem with helping out if need be. Maybe they would move a few into their home. I have a neighbor we call him pinball John (owns 5 pins) that could help also.

#22 8 years ago

I plan on having my consciousness transplanted into a robotic being so I can live on and play my pins forever.

#23 8 years ago

I told my wife to invite my friends over and have a party. Then let them take whatever they want round robin style until everything was gone.

#24 8 years ago

I have no friends.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have no friends.

Boob, I'll be your paid aquaintance

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

"You die first."

Lol my sentiments exactly Cody!

#27 8 years ago

I told my wife that I would be leaving them to my girlfriend who actually appreciates pinball.

#28 8 years ago

I am 56 in good health and my kids already argue who is getting my stuff when I die.

#29 8 years ago

I fully expect her to keep everything as is and put up a plaque in the gameroom dedicating it to my memory....my shrine shall remain until the end of time and the annual pilgramage to celebrate me will be epic!

..... or the next guy she starts bangin will probably sell them off, I wont care cuz im dead

#30 8 years ago

I expect my wife to sell my pins, to make room for more of hers.
    She may not wait for me to pass, either.

#31 8 years ago

I have somewhere a record of how much I **really** paid for them...

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Boob, I'll be your paid aquaintance

Somehow, I don't think I can afford you.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Somehow, I don't think I can afford you.

I am cheap.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

I expect my wife to sell my pins, to make room for more of hers.
    She may not wait for me to pass, either.

LOL - now THAT's funny.

My wife will just play them when I'm gone.

#35 8 years ago

I'm like Pinsiders on a For Sale thread: I'm looking for free.

#36 8 years ago

In all seriousness, if she had to liquidate.. She knows what the games are worth. She does a lot of the work on the games - and won't be conned by someone trying to make them out to be less than what they are. It will merely be a matter of whether to price to move, or price to maximize cash (and waiting for the right buyers).

If truely pressed to just clear out for mental reasons, then reach out to the locals first - both for first crack at things, as well as to see transportation help. And from there, anything left, goes to auction. The Captain's tax at auction is high, but it does get the job done.

#37 8 years ago

I told her to give one to my mom (probably Shadow), keep at least one for my Son, and sell whichever ones she doesn't want. She would probably keep LOTR and ACDC as those are the two she plays the most. She knows a couple of locals which would give her sound advice on prices.

#38 8 years ago

My ashes will be sprinkled in each machine, then sold. I will haunt game rooms for generations with my flickering bulb trick.

Bwahahahaha

#39 8 years ago

You won't care. Trust me.
    When you get there, you will have more important things to think about.
    As for me
    I hope she sells all this crap way too cheap
    and some deserving hobbyist gets a great buy, a good story,
    and a nice drive.
    That way I would know she didn't need the money
    and I had done my job focusing on more important things.

#40 8 years ago

When I'm gone my brothers are gonna have the wake/party in my gameroom and everyone that attends will be given a stun gun. A while into the party after everyone is quite drunk one of my brothers will inform everyone to take out the stun guns and that the last person standing get's all the games.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinpast:

You won't care. Trust me.
    When you get there, you will have more important things to think about.
    As for me
    I hope she sells all this crap way too cheap
    and some deserving hobbyist gets a great buy, a good story,
    and a nice drive.
    That way I would know she didn't need the money
    and I had done my job focusing on more important things.

Could be the best post of the year

#42 8 years ago

Maybe she could bury me in my STTNG. save money on a coffin.

#43 8 years ago

She will get a giant pile of money when I die, I bet she wouldn't sell any of them. If she does, she knows which friends to call for help.

#44 8 years ago

Out live her. Sell her crap. Buy more pins.

Win Win

LTG : )™

#45 8 years ago

I also have a spreadsheet of the games that I have and what I paid for them. Of course, if she sells them for what I paid for them and prices are like they are today, some folks are going to get a decent deal or two. Like others, we have pinheads in the area who could help her sell the games at the going rate, so she should be ok.

She keeps saying that my pin collection will fund my daughter's wedding so there may not be any left by time I die

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from bepositive:

She asked . What am I going to do with all this stuff when you die ( pins , projects ,parts etc ) ? I aggressively built a big collection over last 25 years . Nobody plans to die suddenly but life happens . Asked couple pinball collectors , seems a common question . No fair plans to dispersal a collection have come to my attention . Do you have a plan ? Have you observed someone whose widow has gotten thru this and has good advise ? . Thanks Shane PS as usual have a good day

just give her my number...

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Out live her. Sell her crap. Buy more pins.
    Win Win
    LTG : )™

awesome....

#48 8 years ago

I guess the honeymoons really over when the wife uses phrases like "when you die".

#49 8 years ago

There's one game I hope Choggard gets.

#50 8 years ago

Wait wait wait!! Does this mean there is no pinball in the afterlife?

There goes my idea of heaven, well I guess I know where I will be going...see you guys down there, I will leave the heat on for ya

Ima on a highway to Hell

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-would-you-answer-this-question-from-your-wife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.