(Topic ID: 149083)

How would winning Powerball change your pinball hobby?

By embryonjohn

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

alzheimer's_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
xaemm_(resized).jpg
kick_ass_2_trailer_red_band_10[1]_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
pic_(resized).jpg
Evil_Stewie_Griffin_(resized).jpg
pipeline-oahu-hawaii-waves-surfing-wallpaper-hd-728x485_(resized).jpg
bender_(resized).jpg
yacht-05_(resized).jpg
made_at_www.txt2pic.com_(resized).jpg
There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 8 years ago

Just in case of one of us actually winning Powerball...
Any promises to gift fellow Pinsiders on this thread constitutes a legally binding contract, you know, like a pledge made to your local PBS affiliate.

#152 8 years ago

I Promise Nothing!

#153 8 years ago

I wonder how much it would cost to buy a nice copy of every pinball machine ever made. Any idea?? $10 million?

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I wonder how much it would cost to buy a nice copy of every pinball machine ever made. Any idea?? $10 million?

Buy a Kingpin and King Kong and ship them to HEP. That'll get you started.

#155 8 years ago

I've been thinking more about how my friends and family members would benefit. Definitely, have a PAPA size collection based here as well to run midwest annual tournaments. Plus everyone that's in my league or has been in my league would get to pick out any NIB game from any manufacturer.

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It's funny how people get hyped up about winning $300M as if winning $1M wouldn't satisfy most fantasies. $1.5B just tells me that they have yet to match numbers in 19 drawings to any of the 3 billion tickets sold so far. Wouldn't you rather see it spread out as five $1M raffle drawings every day for a year?

Nah....$1 Million wouldn't even change my life really. It would pay of debts and kids college and make a tiny bit of headway toward retirement, but that's it. Couldn't even quit my job with that. People don't even get off their couch to win 1 million.

Now 1.5 billion gets some tickets sold!

#157 8 years ago

How would winning that much money affect my pinball hobby?

I would probably never play another pinball game again for the rest of my life. I imagine my hobbies would drastically change and be tremendously outragous to participate in. At least that's what I hope.

#158 8 years ago

4 8 19 27 34 and Powerball is 10.

... oh, and the jackpot is $1,589,640,000

#159 8 years ago

I WON!

#160 8 years ago

Ughhh... Oh well, guess I'll keep flipping!

#161 8 years ago

Only 4 dollar

#162 8 years ago

I would give everyone on Pinside $10,000 but they have to use it to buy pinball machines......now everyone pray that I win!!

#164 8 years ago

My Father-In-Law just called to say that the news is reporting that a single winning number was sold in California.

Wow! That person must be going crazy!

Marcus

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

My Father-In-Law just called to say that the news is reporting that a single winning number was sold in California.
Wow! That person must be going crazy!
Marcus

Now he'll finally be able to afford California's housing prices!

#166 8 years ago

It's in Chino Hills, CA... looks like there's a lot of $$ there already.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

My Father-In-Law just called to say that the news is reporting that a single winning number was sold in California

it's Nate from coast 2 coast pinball. Everyone lynch him! *j/k*

#168 8 years ago

Well it wasn't me,I went to the deli and spent the $2.00 on a coffee instead. At least I got something for my money.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Well it wasn't me,I went to the deli and spent the $2.00 on a coffee instead. At least I got something for my money.

For my $4 I got to play last Sat (won $4) and got to play again for last night (won another $4), so I think I came out pretty sweet. I got a week of fun shit talking and dreaming what it would be like and did not pay $2 for .50 coffee when I could make it at home for .25

I did win our local monthly pinball tourney last night so that was sweet! Probably just as good at 1.5 billion

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I got a week of fun shit talking and dreaming what it would be like and did not pay $2 for .50 coffee when I could make it at home for .25

That's my view on going to Vegas. I have $xx to blow... how long can I make it last. That's the fun/skill (if any).

No way I'm going to retire on Vegas winnings at a craps table.... but....ooooooohhhh it's FUN!
There's NOTHING like the sound of a craps table!

faz

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

That's my view on going to Vegas. I have $xx to blow... how long can I make it last. That's the fun/skill (if any).

When I went to Vegas this last year, my thinking was I've got $20 to blow in an arcade where sometimes the games give me back money, and sometimes the games go really really quickly.

My only regret was not finding the Ghostbusters game to blow money on that.

#172 8 years ago

If I won that much money, I'd build a 75 story skyscraper that's as large as a city block. I'd live on a couple floors. Have a couple floors filled with a hotel for people to stay at (friends and family stay free). The rest of the floors would be themed for every hobby I've ever had the slightest interest in. And it would all be open to the public.

A huge arcade, spa, restaurant, theater, pool, garage, gym, ect. The building would become a social magnet for the city.

I wouldn't care if it was profitable

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'd build my own PAPA! With blackjack! And hookers!
You know what? Forget the blackjack... and the PAPA.

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I'm Going to build my own amusement park with Black Jack and Pinball! In fact, forget the Black Jack!

alzheimer's_(resized).jpgalzheimer's_(resized).jpg

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I got a week of fun shit talking and dreaming what it would be like and did not pay $2 for .50 coffee when I could make it at home for .25

I don't know what you do for a living but it is hard for me to go home in the middle of work to make a cup of coffee.

#175 8 years ago

dont take it so serious. Just hainving some fun.

If I want coffe in the middle of the day, I make a pot in the morning and put it in my truty thermos. Still piping hot in the afternoon.

#176 8 years ago

I make my coffee in the middle of my work night.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

If I won that much money, I'd build a 75 story skyscraper that's as large as a city block. I'd live on a couple floors. Have a couple floors filled with a hotel for people to stay at (friends and family stay free). The rest of the floors would be themed for every hobby I've ever had the slightest interest in. And it would all be open to the public.
A huge arcade, spa, restaurant, theater, pool, garage, gym, ect. The building would become a social magnet for the city.
I wouldn't care if it was profitable

???

Umm....you don't actually get 1.5 billion...and you could NEVER do what you propose with what you would end up with. A 75 story skyscraper as large as a city block would cost billions just to build and 10's of millions to maintain. You'd be flat broke well before you ever moved in.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

???
Umm....you don't actually get 1.5 billion...and you could NEVER do what you propose with what you would end up with. A 75 story skyscraper as large as a city block would cost billions just to build and 10's of millions to maintain. You'd be flat broke well before you ever moved in.

Most people who win lotto end up bankrupt.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Most people who win lotto end up bankrupt.

Are you saying I shouldn't build a huge mansion in Malibu filled with sports cars, exotic animals, and call girls?

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Are you saying I shouldn't build a huge mansion in Malibu filled with sports cars, exotic animals, and call girls?

Exactly. Keep your current house. Remodel the bathrooms and kitchen and put a nice new metal roof on. Then fill that house with call girls.

#181 8 years ago

why call girls? Just have a staff of half naked girls at all times willing to do whatever. Give them french maid outfits and you can get the house clean in the process. On site boarding as well. 24/7 access requirement.

#182 8 years ago

Id buy the williams rights and let everybody make whatever the hell they wanted.

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The rest of the floors would be themed for every hobby I've ever had the slightest interest in. And it would all be open to the public.

The problem with this is, that the public pretty much sucks. After a day of people crapping (possibly literally) all over your stuff, stealing whatever they could fit in their pockets or bags, and breakage, you'd want to shut the place down. And that's not even counting the people who would kick the legs out from a machine to have it fall on one of their kids so they could sue you for every penny you had in the building.

I was going to say stick to the family/floors in the building, but you pretty much run the same risk there, depending on your family/friends.

I'd be hard pressed not to buy/move to a small island in the middle of nowhere and occasionally sending a jet out for games from your guys and for trusted friends to visit.

I'd live.

#184 8 years ago

Winning the lottery is silly logic, the chance of it happening is way out there.....so I'm using Field of Derams logic. If you build it they will come.

Every floor/ designated space in my fictitious building would be set up as an individual business, if their profitable or not that would be depend on how much I enjoyed the space. A large arcade won't be cash positive, but I'd keep it around for my enjoyment. Nothing would be free, but nothing would be exclusive except for private areas.

Hotel floors would run just like any other hotel, the other attractions in the building would be the main draw for guests. Water park, spa, gym, maker spaces, theaters, shopping areas, ect.

#185 8 years ago

I couldn't imagine living so lavishly, nor do I want to. I would put about $10 mil in the bank so I could have a nice interest check. The rest I would make a foundation and my full time job would be giving away the annual interest on $440 mil. Specifically to small town scholarships, and other projects related to fire, police, and families (parks etc). Another example might be pinball machines in a hospital for sick kids.

Then when I am dead, my kids can draw a salary doing the same job......legacy lives on.

#186 8 years ago

Playboy Mansion has been put up for sale at $200M
New owner must allow Hefner to remain in occupancy until he dies.
No playmates, few pinballs included.
Property tax......not sure... probably little more than $2M every year.

#187 8 years ago

Who the hell would want to buy a house with an crusty old man in it.

2 weeks later
#188 8 years ago

I'd buy a NIB Haunted House.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-would-winning-powerball-change-your-pinball-hobby/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.