(Topic ID: 221074)

How Will The Next Economic Crash Affect The Pinball Industry?

By o-din

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 320 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7614b02079a86c16b7c109b5a805e4ce6fa9907 (resized).jpg
E72560AA-068A-40C8-B302-E391481AF50E (resized).jpeg
quote-what-goes-up-must-come-down-isaac-newton-45-58-80 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.35.54 PM (resized).png
vfkuliskzle01 (resized).jpg
83a4c64d1e0d1fceed9e9d4cb5f71d13 (resized).jpg
82CBBEFB-E4B6-4278-9C85-CA41620F8837 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180716-151431~2 (resized).png
2e4dip (resized).jpg
E900B3A1-4027-483A-B277-B743E2AB01B1 (resized).png
SCAN0068 (resized).JPG
1D36511C-B37A-404E-918E-865A4F938EA3 (resized).jpeg
4170266D-FC2B-4A50-AB83-4E54D5D2631B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
SCAN0067 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 5 years ago

If the economy tanks I think an old fashioned dark bar with pins and drug sales in the bathroom will make a killing. People always want an escape from reality however they chose to do so. So if you can offer a one stop shop of escaping your life you should make a killing.

#73 5 years ago

There is always money to be made in good and bad times with stocks. I remember during the Clinton era when you could throw a dart at the stock market printed in the paper and make money. Along came the down swing with GB and old fashioned investments paid. War is good for making money and tech stocks were king. Banks got a bailout and we all started from zero with a record low and have been setting records in closing ever since. This will happen again and luxury items maybe including pins will take a hit depending on how desperate people get. I don't think the prices will hit the all time low pins once were, but one can dream about making a killing at buying pins on the cheap. Cars, boats, trailers, rv's, and motorcycles did before. And the best were the houses you could get. If one can put off the wants of today and save you should be able to have more later and only time will tell about pinball.

#74 5 years ago

Maybe when you were a kid you would dumpster dive to collect aluminum cans? Then later you see a guy with an old pickup at 2am collecting broken down boxes from stores. You would be surprised at what that guy was making. Better yet was the guy on the off ramp. There is always money to make or get.

#87 5 years ago

You can say whatever you want as long as you don't state an opinion or offend anyone. Good luck.

#92 5 years ago

When Black Friday comes
I'm gonna stake my claim
I guess I'll change my name.

#102 5 years ago

I remember that thing, but mine wasn't as fancy and had 1/2 inch or maybe larger holes in the paddle and was wrapped in electrical tape no fancy finish. Maybe the holes helped get a better wack. Used to hate dropping my pants and grabbing my ankles. At least the first shot always hit the meat till I started to move then it was legs or back. Seems so crazy to think back to that time

#111 5 years ago

Moms weapon of choice was the hair brush and she was fast and deadly with it. Somehow she always had it on her no matter where we were.

#114 5 years ago

It's true I did get beat a lot and got kicked out of every school in the district for fighting and made my poor parents have to pay for catholic school and those sisters didn't mess around. They would beat you and send you back to class

#116 5 years ago

We may not be the greatest generation but we are definitely the toughest.

#118 5 years ago

My step mom who I was stuck with while my dad was away at work and was only home 4 days a month was a master of verbal abuse. Till my step brother stole my beer locked himself in the closet where I would pump my EMPTY 12 gauge and throw firecrackers under the door. That one got me free and kicked out. I should call and thank everyone for making me the wonderful man I am.

#124 5 years ago

I have been lucky myself to have not had to beat my two. Except early this year I was out of work and got the kids a Nintendo switch and a month later my 8 yr. old testosterone fueld son threw the controller at the big screen and broke it. He got a real old school beating followed now with 6 months of looking at a broken tv he can't watch as well as a sprinkling of verbal shamming. Maybe it was the times or maybe it was just me either way I like who I am

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-will-the-next-economic-crash-affect-the-pinball-industry?tu=buzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.