(Topic ID: 221074)

How Will The Next Economic Crash Affect The Pinball Industry?

By o-din

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 320 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7614b02079a86c16b7c109b5a805e4ce6fa9907 (resized).jpg
E72560AA-068A-40C8-B302-E391481AF50E (resized).jpeg
quote-what-goes-up-must-come-down-isaac-newton-45-58-80 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.35.54 PM (resized).png
vfkuliskzle01 (resized).jpg
83a4c64d1e0d1fceed9e9d4cb5f71d13 (resized).jpg
82CBBEFB-E4B6-4278-9C85-CA41620F8837 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180716-151431~2 (resized).png
2e4dip (resized).jpg
E900B3A1-4027-483A-B277-B743E2AB01B1 (resized).png
SCAN0068 (resized).JPG
1D36511C-B37A-404E-918E-865A4F938EA3 (resized).jpeg
4170266D-FC2B-4A50-AB83-4E54D5D2631B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
SCAN0067 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Not for me. I sit around all day and post. I weigh 280 pounds and don’t exercise.

You too? Im going to try to hit tree fiddy before 2019!

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No I'm serious. This place was much more fun when there wasn't so much money or sniveling involved. Now you can't say shit without some holier than thou sniveling weasel reporting it. And of course once that happens there is no real way to defend yourself against the consequences.

That depends on who you are around here. Some people can say anything that they want and its ok, while others say nothing and get in trouble.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

What you mean is Odin needs to kiss that pinball booty!

Pretty much, and i don’t see that happening anytime soon. O-din is what he is and doesnt kiss anyones azz. He may be goofy but he’s real and not a phony, i like that.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

You can say whatever you want as long as you don't state an opinion or offend anyone. Good luck.

Like i said though, that depends on who you are. Also these days almost everyone is offended by everything, its the cool way to be these days seems like. Thank God for cry ins, coloring books, puppy dogs to pet while crying, and Play- Doh is all i can say! How did we ever get by without these things for so many years???

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody FEELS that way but I guarantee it’s bullshit. I’m sure Odin feels like he’s the only one who gets moderated. So do you. So do I.
You want to talk shit or constantly see how much politics you can talk and get away with it? That doesn’t sound a little like you?
Sometimes you’ll get moderated sometimes you’ll get away with it.
That’s life in the fast lane buddy!

I guarantee you its not bullshit is what I guarantee. Im not mad about it though, nor do i even give a shit. Im just talking

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I remember that thing, but mine wasn't as fancy and had 1/2 inch or maybe larger holes in the paddle and was wrapped in electrical tape no fancy finish. Maybe the holes helped get a better wack. Used to hate dropping my pants and grabbing my ankles. At least the first shot always hit the meat till I started to move then it was legs or back. Seems so crazy to think back to that time

And thats why most of us older guys didn't grow up to be morons also, because we got are asses beat when we effed up or smarted off.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Moms weapon of choice was the hair brush and she was fast and deadly with it. Somehow she always had it on her no matter where we were.

I bet you she used it often also on you Buzz lol. I bet o-dins mom had to bust his briches two or three times every day also.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

My step mom who I was stuck with while my dad was away at work and was only home 4 days a month was a master of verbal abuse. Till my step brother stole my beer locked himself in the closet where I would pump my EMPTY 12 gauge and throw firecrackers under the door. That one got me free and kicked out. I should call and thank everyone for making me the wonderful man I am.

That’s awesome lol.......and i 100% believe that you did that too! Lmao

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I know is somehow my niece and nephew turned out to be absolutely fantastic kids and nobody had to beat the shit out of them for this to happen.
Guess they are just lucky!

My nieces did also, one of them is a soon to be heart surgeon even, but there are exceptions to everything. A high percentage of people in these younger generations dont want to work and feel entitled and they are just softies. People “in general” today also have no morals at all. It’s definitely not the same world that i grew up in. I could go on and on but no need to. You know it and i know it and everybody here knows it.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Today is different than when you grew up decades ago?
Yes. I’ll concede you are right.
The rest of the stuff is mostly the same kind of rantings old men were saying about your generation when you were a kid.
You know it and I know and maybe like 2 or 3 other people here know it. Everyone else is just a ranting old man and doesn’t get it.
Now git. Off. My. LAWN! Trust me, I find myself whining about the 20-somethings at work and I’m horrified to realize I’m close to turning into my grandpa. I’m somehwere between him and my dad at this point.
It’s the circle of life and there’s absolutely nothing we can do about it. Liked seriously I work with two 29-year olds. One sucks and the other is awesome. And whenever the shitty one does something shitty my first involuntary reaction is to start an inner monologue about how much millennials suck!!!
But what about the good one? Maybe the dipshit is just a dipshit and it’s not because he was born in the 80s?

Once again, i am talking about people “in general.” I know lots of hard working well mannered 20, 30, year olds. Im not saying that they are all bad by any means but a large percentage of them are pretty screwed up. People are just different today and in most cases it isnt for the better. With that being said though i still know some kids that are awesome and very well mannered that make their parents very proud.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Getting by” has a whole different meaning today
My grandparents lived on a farm where they ate what they grew and raised mostly
And they didn’t have iPhones, flat screen TVs, fancy cars or pinball machines
A Tru Ade drink and a moon pie every day was all you needed
My mom and my wife were teachers.
Today, some of these kids are impossible to deal with. Mostly because their whiny parents complain every time their kid gets their feelings hurt

EXACTLY iceman because they are the “offended” generation. Everything offends them and everybody is a racist. Maybe if high schools start having cry ins we can fix some of these problems!

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I am blown away at the stories I hear of some of the applicants that want to work on the base

At least you guys can get applicants lol. When i got on where i work in the early 80’s the company announced that they were hiring. There was a line of people that wrappead all the way around the parking lot out to the street. I am talking thousands of people trying to get hired on. The place still pays very well but we cannot get ANYBODY to even put in an application hardly. If they are lucky enough to find six or seven people, only about 2 of them will usually stay. They dont want to work shift work or the weekends and most of them have very poor work ethics. Most people today cant pass a drug test either. We literally cannot find people to work.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sounds like My Dad, he was also part Fred Flintstone when doing Projects!

Your dad must have been awesome because Fred Flintstone is awesome! I would so be in on a new Flintstones game if stern every made one!

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is a precious picture to me as it is the only one I think I have with my daughter and dad together at Christmas time some 17 or 18 years ago.

He dont look like Archie Bunker to me lol. He looks like a happy nice guy in that picture.

1 week later
#203 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I agree this could get really ugly. Right when I am doing the best I ever had in my field of work too. I’ll sell my wife before my pinball machines.

LIAR!!

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A true pinball fan with his priorities in order.
My hats off to you sir.
LTG : )

Hes lying. His wife is awesome and he couldn't live without her. Liar liar pants on fire trust me!

4 months later
#250 5 years ago

Did the economy crash again?

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

If a man can lose his job and in turn his life as a whole by saying something that a woman thinks is offensive and being blasted all over the internet for all to see, does that mean that If I'm offended by capitalism I can get paid without having to go to work ever again?
And who is this border wall for anyway? Are they keeping them out, or keeping us in?
I remember when everything was all "celebrate our differences!" and now everything is "we should all be the same!" White women must love black men, and the rest of the men must be gay or they are haters, and why would anyone want to have a better paying job to live a better more fulfilling life instead of crying about everything they might find a little bit uncomfortable or "offensive"?
They are all trash. Playing good cop bad cop while they push the rest of us down in a whole. People started talking about rights and equality and everyone at the top of the hill said "sure.... we can do that. you can all be equal. Here, you're all poor now." does that work for you?

Lol i feel less educated after reading this.

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

I feel less educated after writing it too.
I think I'll go listen to some Lil Wayne now.
Hey Curry, what was that about the moon?

Its waaaay too early in the morning to be reading and trying to understand stuff like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-will-the-next-economic-crash-affect-the-pinball-industry?tu=Who-Dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.