(Topic ID: 221074)

How Will The Next Economic Crash Affect The Pinball Industry?

By o-din

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 320 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c7614b02079a86c16b7c109b5a805e4ce6fa9907 (resized).jpg
E72560AA-068A-40C8-B302-E391481AF50E (resized).jpeg
quote-what-goes-up-must-come-down-isaac-newton-45-58-80 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.35.54 PM (resized).png
vfkuliskzle01 (resized).jpg
83a4c64d1e0d1fceed9e9d4cb5f71d13 (resized).jpg
82CBBEFB-E4B6-4278-9C85-CA41620F8837 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180716-151431~2 (resized).png
2e4dip (resized).jpg
E900B3A1-4027-483A-B277-B743E2AB01B1 (resized).png
SCAN0068 (resized).JPG
1D36511C-B37A-404E-918E-865A4F938EA3 (resized).jpeg
4170266D-FC2B-4A50-AB83-4E54D5D2631B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
SCAN0067 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Back to the days when pinside was a manly repair tip forum for those that had actually used hand tools before with plenty of pictures and gifs of scantily clad women, and there weren't endless, ridiculous "shut up and take my money" dream theme threads, or whipped men who admit they let their wives run their lives, and it was OK to say you didn't like a particular theme or game without somebody going off and sniveling to whoever and then having the hammer of Thor come down on you for doing so would be A-OK with me.
One good thing about an economic downturn is it does have a way of weeding out the posers who live life on a line of credit from those that are ready and can make it thru on cruise control.
And personally, I look forward to it.

I can't tell how serious this post is or isn't, but I am going to 100% agree with this.

When I read posts of "oh my God, I had to settle for a SE machine amidst my sea of LE machines...what ever will I do if the neighbors find out?" kind of posts - I just hope they are not legitimately serious.

I miss the days this site had some REAL content and not a bunch of drama or seemingly meaningless threads like "Hey, do you really keep your NIB boxes just in case you want to sell your game for even more money?" kind of threads.

You can find tech advice here and there, but now, the vast majority of that knowledge has been placed on PinWiki, Pinball Ninja, or good ol' wild wild west of RGP.

If you can write a $21K check for a game, life goals I guess...? If you can tell me how to properly test a PnP vs NpN transistor or properly trace a current flow on a WPC backbox board, or rule out a "all switches open, ground error" on the DMD - and you can actually carry out these actions and find and correct your errors a la Clay H - now you have my attention.

Oh, woe is me the good ol' days.... *half sarcastic/half truthful*

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Today, some of these kids are impossible to deal with. Mostly because their whiny parents complain every time their kid gets their feelings hurt
You see it all over youth sports too. Don’t need to look any further than some of these parents and how they act

This country is raising a whole new round of wussified young people. I am blown away at the stories I hear of some of the applicants that want to work on the base as a contractor. Some of them get bothered that they have to be at an interview at like... .omg.....0900.

"What do you mean i cant start at $90K fresh out of school????".....keep in mind this is in the poorest 3 counties in Florida.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-will-the-next-economic-crash-affect-the-pinball-industry?tu=NPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.