(Topic ID: 273728)

How will I know when I have enough pins?

By Blakester

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pins (resized).jpg
    play-jaja-ding (resized).jpg
    Grand Canyon 2 001 (resized).jpg
    EEF6C5B5-44A8-4B12-9450-48EE9B7112DE (resized).jpeg
    F87AAF8C-A367-4067-8767-5DB908CE9CED (resized).jpeg
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Wait, so all I have to do is buy more pins for that?? (Says the guy hoping his wife doesn’t read the forum...)

I better quote this so even if you change it, the quote won't change.

So, what's something like that worth to you ? Change my post, not call your wife.

LTG : )

#102 3 years ago

You make your own rule(s). My rule is when 3 months go bye and a game that is set up (and also fully working) does not get played at least once, off it goes. These things take up too much space to collect dust for 90 days. I likely will not ever go much past what I have because it’s the right amount to always have something to repair or improve play on, at least once every single day/week.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

My rule is when 3 months go bye and a game that is set up (and also fully working) does not get played at least once, off it goes

I am on the same page with that!

Keep things fresh and new!

#104 3 years ago

When you get the foreclosure notice

#105 3 years ago

Open notice:

If you have too many pins, PM me and I will give you my address to send them to.

#106 3 years ago

3 is necessary for variety..12 is necessary for vanity ...IMO 5 is the perfect number for a family man that puts his family first .....unless that man has big $$ then in that case build a warehouse to stack them ...I’m not that guy but I try hard ,I’m a blue collar guy that has worked construction since HS.I just got into this great sport I purchased #1 in April ,#2 in June ,#3 will be in August .I told my wife this is my window with Covid I’ve been getting so many calls for side work it’s paying for these as we have have also been saving $ no vaca,no movies,no anything.My plan is 4th by Christmas and last by spring as I expect to be saving for vacas again by 2021 summer.Anyway its what you want and in my case this bug has got me highly motivated .My wife picked first WOZRR ,I went second IMDN prem,My oldest 12 wants FG have a agreement as I’m putting funds together,my youngest 11 wants DP prem then I’ll wrap it up with a 90s pin to round this off.Its what you want this is a highly addictive hobby so whatever you do know your limits .Be well !!

#107 3 years ago

I agree with Kkoss. Everyone has their limit. Mine is really 2-4 but I currently ballooned to 6, so need to jettison a couple soon. For me, I want to strike a balance that enhances my basement entertainment space rather than dominate it with too many games. I also worry that I send the wrong signal to my kids with so many expensive man toys.

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Pi does that without square rooting it! You're probably thinking of the square root of two, which is also irrational.

Quoted from pinzrfun:

i knew it was something like that.....sorry, i was counting my games at the same time. How many are too many?

Why, the answer is obviously when you have an irrational number of pins!

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

3 is necessary for variety..12 is necessary for vanity ...IMO 5 is the perfect number for a family man that puts his family first .....unless that man has big $$ then in that case build a warehouse to stack them ...I’m not that guy but I try hard ,I’m a blue collar guy that has worked construction since HS.I just got into this great sport I purchased #1 in April ,#2 in June ,#3 will be in August .I told my wife this is my window with Covid I’ve been getting so many calls for side work it’s paying for these as we have have also been saving $ no vaca,no movies,no anything.My plan is 4th by Christmas and last by spring as I expect to be saving for vacas again by 2021 summer.Anyway its what you want and in my case this bug has got me highly motivated .My wife picked first WOZRR ,I went second IMDN prem,My oldest 12 wants FG have a agreement as I’m putting funds together,my youngest 11 wants DP prem then I’ll wrap it up with a 90s pin to round this off.Its what you want this is a highly addictive hobby so whatever you do know your limits .Be well !!

May want to hold off on your assessment. You got into pinball 4 months ago virgin and already have 3 pins. At one point we ALL said “all I need is 2-3-4-5” and next you know you have a dozen and counting. Truth is until you and your family have a good year or more into it that’s when you will decide what seems rational. Plus while you have a few really good titles you have yet to experience the Many years of incredible game creations over the years. That taste May offset your logic plan. Then you (like most) must obtain them all! Lol

#110 3 years ago

How will I know when I have enough pins?

Everyone is different, so I can't say "exactly" when you will know. For most people it comes down to money and space. Some people have to travel a lot or move and that puts a damper on it. Others have a spouse or family members that define that number. There are even pinheads that simply lose interest as well.

I think that if you are financially solvent, have the space to actually set them up on legs, and have them working...that is a good place to be. Once you have more to work on than you can play, it becomes a chore.

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Once you have more to work on than you can play, it becomes a chore.

Agree. Gotta find the right balance. One bigger project at a time in fall/winter. I want to just play or go out this time of year.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

May want to hold off on your assessment. You got into pinball 4 months ago virgin and already have 3 pins. At one point we ALL said “all I need is 2-3-4-5” and next you know you have a dozen and counting. Truth is until you and your family have a good year or more into it that’s when you will decide what seems rational. Plus while you have a few really good titles you have yet to experience the Many years of incredible game creations over the years. That taste May offset your logic plan. Then you (like most) must obtain them all! Lol

Lmao!

1 week later
    #113 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I like that definition - gives me a little room to get a few more and an incentive to keep what I have running!

Yep

#114 3 years ago

When you run out of space.

Pins (resized).jpgPins (resized).jpg
    #115 3 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

[quoted image]

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

[quoted image]

A real Pinhead.

#117 3 years ago

When you die

#118 3 years ago

I keep wondering when I’ll have enough. I have 67 now. Just bought a SWE1, BK2K and (2nd) BBB . I have irons in the fire on a T2 and Tommy now. My wife is gonna kill me.

#119 3 years ago

Wow. Are all 67 up and running? My wife would divorce me at 6 let alone 67!

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Wow. Are all 67 up and running? My wife would divorce me at 6 let alone 67!

They were when folded up! I’m sure I’ll be in for many surprises when unfolded! I’m living abroad for seven years and still accumulating games. We’ll relocate and build a new place when I return to the states.

#121 3 years ago

When your wife starts scheduling the pool service on days you’re sure to be at work...

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

When your wife starts scheduling the pool service on days you’re sure to be at work...

Especially worrisome if you don’t have a pool!

4 weeks later
    #123 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

I keep wondering when I’ll have enough. I have 67 now. Just bought a SWE1, BK2K and (2nd) BBB . I have irons in the fire on a T2 and Tommy now. My wife is gonna kill me.

you have 2 BBBs now? wow. Are you keeping them both? I have a BBB and two Addams Golds, sigh. I bought a 2nd Addams Gold recently intending to trade or sell it but it's so nice I'm not sure now haha!! It's definitely a sickness. My wife complains when I get more but she can't say much since she always seems to outspend me in other categories, (jeep wrangler, beach house in Destin). These machines cost me more than what I actually paid for them LOL.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

you have 2 BBBs now? wow. Are you keeping them both? I have a BBB and two Addams Golds, sigh. I bought a 2nd Addams Gold recently intending to trade or sell it but it's so nice I'm not sure now haha!! It's definitely a sickness. My wife complains when I get more but she can't say much since she always seems to outspend me in other categories, (jeep wrangler, beach house in Destin). These machines cost me more than what I actually paid for them LOL.

I’ll eventually sell one BBB. One is bone stock, the other is getting a powder coated armor from Robert Stone, a ColorDMD and a few. mods.

#125 3 years ago

When your wife punches you in nuts cassie Kai style!

#126 3 years ago

When your dead!

#127 3 years ago

When the angel Balli appears heralded by trumpets, as a heavenly choir sings an a capella version of Pinball Wizard, and anoints you with Novus 2, then you will know your pinball accumulation pilgrimage has reached its ultimate fruition.

Until a new game comes out!

#128 3 years ago

Hm...when you buy the 64oz bottle of Novus2 instead of the 8oz...or maybe that's just planning ahead?

We're at 2 in our tiny apartment and 1 project at my folks' house...if we pickup another (only if it's a must have deal from the wish list) it'll be going to a friend's to join his many pins until we get into a house next year!

We have a storage unit, but I can't bring myself to store a machine without climate control...

Once we have the space, we've planned for 5...which will turn into 7...then 20...then 50...then we'll just have to open our own arcade :3

1 week later
    #129 3 years ago

The only way you will know is if you have a wife and your balls are in her purse otherwise there is only an issue of space.

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-will-i-know-when-i-have-enough-pins/page/3?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.