(Topic ID: 123454)

How was The Big Lebowski at the Texas show?

By boo32

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

line2.JPG
line.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, same code as Expo was my understanding, so very limited song selection. Maybe 3? I forget now.

I heard about 3 songs. I didn't go to expo but it looks like little to no progress was made on the code since then, as you could basically go bowling, start multiball, and open the hidden car I think. The rest of the modes would not progress, and the playfield inserts were basically on attract mode. The PF changes, like the missing pot leaf and gun, were covered up with (very nice) decals, but those were starting to bubble. I wasn't surprised the finalized art wasn't there, as I figured this was one of the machines they left over here after expo (and I doubt they were busy with playfield swaps since then). I was surprised that it seemed like no progress was made on the code since expo. I figured they would want to show off their progress.

I though the game was gorgeous and it felt good shooting it, but the novelty of the bowling ally wore off by the second time that I got it (also, the pins weren't registering on my second try very well). It was about as fun as your typical cannon mode, a neat gimmick, but not much more than that. It might be more interesting if you had more control over the ball, like the pitcher on slugfest. I probably would have liked the whole game more if I didn't have to wait so long to play it. Not saying I disliked it, but I didn't give it much thought again for the rest of the show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-was-the-big-lebowski-at-the-texas-show?tu=Sjsilver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.