Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0118.JPG
IMG_0119.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0105-682.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinaddiction.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I picked up a Black Knight 1980 a few weeks ago.. and it was working fine for about a week...then it stopped starting.. I'm a newbie when it comes to repairs. So, I read about the Williams system 7 and how to upgrade the board here. There are areas where the board is burned. Especially, the area in the bottom right with the resistors. I ordered replacement transistors, resistors and connectors. But, I'm not sure if the board is ok. After taking all of the burned resistors off and cleaning it with alcohol, some of the metal on the board has burned off. Any opinions on this? IMG_0106.JPGIMG_0106.JPGIMG_0110.JPGIMG_0110.JPG IMG_0105-682.JPGIMG_0105-682.JPG

#6 10 years ago

thanks for the great feedback.. this was a huo pin.. but I know the previous owner would leave it on for extended periods of time.. from what I've read here and other sites.. this is typical for a Williams system 7.. my bally machines just needed a new rectifier board and connectors.. that was an easy fix. besides alcohol is there anything else that would clean it up better?

#10 10 years ago

The previous owner said that there wasn't any problems with the batteries in the past.. but who knows.. it was supposedly maintained yearly by a reputable pinball repair business. So, there has been previous repairs done to it. I just checked conductivity throughout the burn area and everything sounds good! Also, the resistors around the burn area were checked and look good as well. The pictures show the back of the board where I removed 2 sets of transistors. The set near the resistor burn area looks to be the worst.IMG_0119.JPGIMG_0119.JPGIMG_0118.JPGIMG_0118.JPG
This will probably not correct the start-up issue but its a necessary upgrade. Hopefully, the connectors will correct that problem. This site has really been a big help!

Jim

#18 10 years ago

I've finished putting in the mosfets, resistors and the 40 pin connector on the driver board...That didn't change anything with the start-up issue.. I am going to finish updating the male 40 pins and see if that will correct the start issue. I am considering buying another used board from ebay... where do they sell the mpu327 from Rottendog ? Again, thanks for the valuable feedback.. Other than the circuit boards, the machine is really in excellent condition. So, in the long term, it makes sense to consider new boards.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 13.50
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinaddiction.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-toasted-is-too-toasted?tu=pinaddiction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.