20150920_123558.jpg
beavis-butthead-mtv.jpg
Bingo.jpg
100_3161.JPG
100_3158.JPG
100_3157.JPG
coil resistance chart.gif
a-11336.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Coil itself look brand new, there is nothing esthectically wrong with it. No gunk stuck.

After looking at that video, I would strongly suggest checking the resistance across that coil. I'm assuming you've checked in the manual to make sure it is the correct coil (going by the coil wrapper part number), but you haven't mentioned that yet. Coil wrappers can be wrong. You need to put a meter on the coil (with the power off) and check it. Compare your reading to the factory coils specs. Google pinball coil resistance chart, if needed. Just because it's esthetically good doesn't mean it's the right coil.

#38 9 years ago

...according to chart it should be 4.2

According to the manual, it shouldn't be 4.2 (or 4.1). I'd suggest you download a manual and make sure you have the correct coil installed.

http://ipdb.org/

#42 9 years ago

again total newb. I ahve to manual in front of me...you wouldn't to know the page?

If you want to repair games, you need to know how to read a manual. Open it up and have a look. I could give you the page number, but what would you learn from that? I might as well come over and fix it for you.

Here's a hint: The coil is called the Goal Popper coil.

#44 9 years ago

I know how to read a lamp matrix and the solenoid flasher charts and where to located them on the boards but when it comes to finding the resisntace and the wiring schematics... a little guidance would be nice.

Don't need schematics yet. If you can find the solenoid/flasher table, you can find the part number of the coil. Once you find this, compare the part number on the coil to what the manual says. If correct, then compare the resistance you measured to what it should be reading. To find the correct factory resistance, google pinball coil resistance chart (like I mentioned above). Then look for the part number listed in the manual and note the specified resistance.

Can I adjust the coil bracket to the ball pooper sub assmbly. There is wiggle room on the bracket to bring the coil up or down. I always had to put them tight on other games.

I'm not familiar with that assembly, but if there's only one bracket with play, it should be tight. How does your assembly look compared to the pics above? Is the rubber bumper missing at the bottom? That would likely cause what you are seeing.

#46 9 years ago

I'm missing the little grommet at the bottom of the bracket

Bingo.jpgBingo.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-weaken-a-coil?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.