Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DNO
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

How do the multipliers work in this game? I have got this up pretty high but don't know how to use it, Is there a quick guide for this or can someone ell me how to use them and how they work?

#2 6 years ago

That 40x multiplier is the shot multiplier. There are X inserts scattered over the playfield.
    If they are colored red, they are off. If they are green, they are on.
    Toggle them on and off with the lockbar button.
    If they are off/red, use the flipper buttons to move the X shots to different shots. Press lockbar button to turn them green and lock them in
    At 2x, three X shots will be lit up. As you increase the multiplier (via the three standup targets below the mini LCD screen), the number of multiplied shots decreases.
    So when you get up to 40x, only one X shot will be lit up.
    Hope that helps.

#3 6 years ago

Ok, So do I want to shoot the shots when they are red or green? Then when it gets to 40x how do I hit a shot and cash it in I guess is what i am wondering, My son did the Asteroid field and there was a Multiplier on that as well but we don't know how he did thyat

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Profgrif:

Ok, So do I want to shoot the shots when they are red or green? Then when it gets to 40x how do I hit a shot and cash it in I guess is what i am wondering, My son did the Asteroid field and there was a Multiplier on that as well but we don't know how he did thyat

If the X insert is green it is being multiplied by the current multiplier. If it's red, that shot is not multiplied, but you can use the flipper buttons to move that X to another shot. When it's on the shot you want, press the lockbar button to turn it green. It will stay there until you turn it off (red) by hitting the lockbar button again.

#5 6 years ago

I see so you want to hit them when they are green, and when it gets to whatever number the shots are multiplied by that number?

#6 6 years ago

Yes!

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Profgrif:

I see so you want to hit them when they are green, and when it gets to whatever number the shots are multiplied by that number?

Yup.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Profgrif:

It is fun to try to move the 'RED' multipliers around to an area of shot locations. I have never been up ton 40X however . Before you launch the ball . I choose R2D2 : Then I choose Light Death Star missions for example. I move the 'RED" X to DeathStar / Endor Ramp/ Right inner loop . I manually plunge the ball to sit the 3 bank target for better accurate control then I hit the center button to lock RED to Green . There iare a lot of action on those 3 shots . Good place to practice using the Shot On/Off Multipliers .

#9 6 years ago

Short question,
    can I use the multiplier as well for Jackpots / SuperJackpots?
    Couldn't take notice of that, the game is so damn fast ....

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from the_one:

Short question,
    can I use the multiplier as well for Jackpots / SuperJackpots?
    Couldn't take notice of that, the game is so damn fast ....

Yes. Mystery awards and video modes too.

#11 6 years ago

You want the multipliers locked in on whatever your next big shot will be, ie a jackpot or mode shot. Shooting an unimportant (at that particular time) shot even at 40x doesn't do you much good...

#12 6 years ago

A few other key pieces here.

1. The mutiplier will time-out back to 2x. The timer is shorter the higher multiplier you have.
    2. Hit the 3 bank target to increase the multiplier and reset the timer.
    3. At 2X there are 3 adjacent shots available to be multiplied. As you increase your multiplier, the number of X shots will decrease to 2 and eventually 1.
    4. You should never turn your multiplier off (red) except to move them. Turming them off does not stall the timer.

5 months later
    #13 6 years ago

Thanks wxforecaster that's very helpful. I'm trying to crank out 1B+ and have gotten close, but these tips will help. Also, with the new code at least, the multipliers reset at next ball (I think with every character chosen, not 100% sure).

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from baba_hafez:

Also, with the new code at least, the multipliers reset at next ball (

Always did.

#15 6 years ago

A really fun aspect to this game!!

1 week later
    #16 6 years ago

How do you double the multiplier value? (Eg from 20 to 40?)

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

it's the 2nd to last (? pretty sure 2nd to last) award for completing the FORCE targets

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

4th set of FORCE targets, mystery award, and also random pop bumper award can start double multipliers.
    The doubler doesn't go away until you reset to 2x (time out the multiplier)
    So you can peg it at 40x and play for as long as you can keep hitting the 3 bank before timeout.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-use-multiplier-stern-star-wars?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.