Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20201107_153633 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201107_153551 (resized).jpg
IMG_2128 (resized).JPG
IMG_2127 (resized).JPG
775470436491470114 (resized).jpg
pinball open (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

What you're doing is how it was designed. I'm not understanding the problem here.

Lift up the glass and put up one prop rod. Then put up the other. Done.

#12 3 years ago

I used one prop rod many times. Never had an issue.

This sounds like a solution in search of a problem

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramakers:

I now can easily put up the glass. Those tips really helped a lot.
On my #4MBC there is also no way of getting the mounting board out easily. The power line and switch don't allow lifting. But this another topic.
I'm planning to make this feature in my Camelot. This game is coming back from the junkyard better than ever. Also another topic.
I found the difference in length to come in handy. If I start with the long one on the right you can bring in the short one on the left from above with ease. I have to pull down the glass to lock this in the slot. This way the support is very secure.

The rods are the same length...

#16 3 years ago

I own two games with the lift up glass. Time Zone and Surfers. Can't get to Surfers right now but I measured Time Zone's rods. Same length.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I never really understood this style of glass or why they make it slightly smaller than standard playfield glass grrrr.
My removal method was always complete removal and lay on some close by carpeting.

The size issue is no mystery. The frame reduces the size.

Why they did it, who knows. It does make it easier to work on a game where there isn't a lot of space to slide the glass out.

2 years later
#22 1 year ago
Quoted from shemp2000:

I am reworking a Bally #on beam with this lift up glass assembly. Looking at the above picture I think I am missing some pieces. My machine has the lockdown lever behind the coin door but there are no tabs on the glass assembly to grab onto for locking. Should there be? Also, the rear of the assembly just pulls out, should there be some sort of hinge or pivot assembly to hold in in place?

There are tabs on the bar, and the rear of the frame has no hinges. Just slides into place.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emsinkc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-use-bally-s-lift-up-glass?tu=emsinkc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.