Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by wendyb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wendyb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

hello just aquired an 8 ball deluxe 1981 and want to know how it is possible ti get better sound, Has anyone attempted this, would just replcing the stock speakers be an option? can you share sources for new speakers please>
    thank you

#3 3 years ago

yes, i was a doy doy, I found the on/off switch and there is light and sound, I have order a digital Levant to get it level on the tiles game room floor. i also found this video on YouTube by Hurry up Pinball

lok very cool, i ordered the parts , (there will be a lot of leftover stuff, but I am sure I will use it for stuff,) I might add it into my truck if I get and adapter to the 12 cig lighter) anyway and this will my first mod to this machine, I am brand new to pinball machines, I of course enjoyed playing them occasionally back in the day before Covid, in my area, there are no pinball, darts, pool, bowling, or any other games available to the public because of Covid. I did download the game manual from the machine database here, and a i am going to put it through the diagnostic test described in the manual to see if it it all working properly, the machine says 3 ball, when it starts, I think when I skimmed through the manual there were some adjustments available regarding this setting, i want to explore all the different setting available to this game. I am not really a wire head, but I have the desire to learn about the way a pinball machine is made. cheers!

2 weeks later
    #11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Menthelm:

Did you ever make these playfield lights? Curious how they look if you did. I'm thinking about building them myself. If I had a new game I would consider Pinstadium lights but too expensive for a game otherwise in my eyes.

i did , i finished the under glass lights project, with the left over led strip i am going to add under the cabinet lights , I will need to get a one more 5 pin y splitter to have another lead to tap into with the power supply i got for the under glass light project. Right now I am sewing a cover for the machine, the first one i make will be just to get the measurements and the pattern right, using fabric I have on hand, then I [;an to scout around for a much cooler print fabric for the final one. i am not familiar with pinstadium lights, but i will look them up now, one thing i learned about these led strip lights is they have some you can sync music to, that is something I plan to try in the future..pics to follow,,

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wendyb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-upgrade-the-sound-in-1981-bally-5ball-deluxe?tu=wendyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.