New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 277579)

How to turn off flashing greent start button on JP

By Boblabla

33 days ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Swainer80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 33 days ago

Is it possible to turn off the flashing green start button on stern JP? If so, how?

#2 33 days ago

The start button flashes are signaling it has credits and can be played. If its on freeplay, theres always credits. The lockdown button can be turned off though

#3 33 days ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

Is it possible to turn off the flashing green start button on stern JP? If so, how?

Remove the bulb.

#4 33 days ago

Smash it with a hammer

#5 33 days ago

Remove one wire to the bulb, easier than taking the bulb out.

#6 33 days ago

Get a CGC remake game. The start button light goes out after time to use less electricity.

#7 33 days ago

Turn it off free-play, and pay for your games. One at a time.

#8 33 days ago

Electrical tape

#9 33 days ago

It would be nice to have an operator adjustment in the menu for the start button lamp. Instead of flashing,gradual fade in out, or just dimly lit when game has credits.

#10 33 days ago

Yeah, for huo , set to free play, that thing is a beacon of annoyance. Detracts from the artwork and beauty of the machine.

#11 33 days ago

But seriously, maybe replace the bulb with a regular #47 or one of the dimmest white LED's you can find, or a yellow or pink one that don't put out much light. I had some really bad ones come with a game once.

#12 33 days ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

But seriously, maybe replace the bulb with a regular #47 or one of the dimmest white LED's you can find, or a yellow or pink one that don't put out much light. I had some really bad ones come with a game once.

I believe incandescent bulbs will not function in modern Stern games after they went all LED.

#13 33 days ago

I wish I had a JP Machine with a "Greent" button....

#14 33 days ago

Trade you my EM Bally Filp Flop. No flashing "green" start button. Just a Red push button.

#15 33 days ago

Turn the game off. Then you can focus solely on the artwork.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside