(Topic ID: 144680)

how to trigger / check a switch on the CPU on a WPC

By aveamike

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

146_addams-family-switch-matrix-1339633204.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

hello,

can someone be so kind as to tell me how to check a switch on the CPU board.

i know the switch matrix tells you which pin but i have never really understood how to do it.

thanks,

m.

#2 8 years ago

Do you mean mean operate the switch at the MPU so see if the problem is on the board?

#3 8 years ago

I presume you're trying to narrow a matrix problem down to whether it is the board or the playfield.

See the example below. If you want to trigger switch 44 then you would jumper from that row to that column (J208-4 to J206-4).

146_addams-family-switch-matrix-1339633204.jpg146_addams-family-switch-matrix-1339633204.jpg

#4 8 years ago

And if it's a dedicated switch you're checking (test buttons, door switch, etc.), jumper the connector on the CPU to ground.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-trigger-check-a-switch-on-the-cpu-on-a-wpc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.