image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
d6996692c366c60e50626868e4662d227a0d3a2d_(resized).jpg
429a15d218aec602ef633bcbf97792adcc40c2fe_(resized).jpg
untitled_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kyle5574.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I finished rebuilding the lower pop. Will test tomorrow.

Hopefully not too many cooks in the kitchen...

Can you describe what you addressed in your rebuild? When I've got weak pops, the first thing I suspect is the switch gear--I clean the spoon and make sure it's not worn too badly, make sure the trigger is exactly centered in the middle of the spoon, make sure the spoon is sturdy, make sure the gap on the switch is as tight as possible, and make sure the switch contacts are clean. That's fixed at least half my problems and you can do it without pulling the pop. I like to see the slightest contact with the skirt from any angle triggers the pop. This is at least part of your problem because Your first two videos show the ball just rolling off the skirt of the lower pop bumper. That one is not adjusted correctly.

Beyond that, for a typical rebuild, I replace the sleeve, replace the plunger, replace the spoon, replace the yokes, replace the plunger spring. If I'm really determined, I'll replace the skirt and skirt spring as well. Then I do all the same adjustments as above.

Whatever you do, you have to do it to all the pops to get good results. The action is only as good as the weakest one. Rebuilding just the lower one might not make a noticeable difference.

Vid has an excellent thread in rebuilding pop bumpers here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kyle5574.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-test-voltage-at-coil-weak-pop-bumpers-on-taxi?tu=kyle5574 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.