6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zaza
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

print1b2b.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Have a TZ where all the clock optos do not register (in clock test they have a box with an x through it). I have the Ingo clock board, and have verified it works as i have an external test fixture - so problem is on the machine.

How to i test the 9th switch column with jumpers - normally you would jumper between J209 and j207 for the switches in the 8x8 matrix, however the 9th column apparently comes from J5-1 on the 8 driver PCB in the top right of the backbox. So i would have assumed i could jumper between this pin (J5-1) and J209 to get switches 91-98 - or am i doing this wrong? I get no luck doing this.

I would like to verify the MPU is not the problem before taking further steps

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

You are on the correct connector for the column (J5-1), but the wrong connector for the row - this should be J208. Wires with white/x (where x is row color stripe)

Thanks, but J208 is exactly the same as J209 - they are in parallel

zaza - you were spot on. After a lot of frustration is was my stupid fault - i had one connector wrong on the power driver board (J103 into J105), plus had the 2 wire connection to the clock board just off - so 2 problems combining to show all sorts of funky symptoms - didn't help i knew no history of the game!

Thanks

Rob

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-test-9th-switch-column-on-wpc-games?tu=robm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.