37091589-0F01-49F7-A2F5-28C6E3506B31 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5748 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
2SZ_3884 (resized).JPG
pasted_image_(resized).png
voltagecontrol_pwm_0_(resized).png
CoinShaker_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I haven't seen one of these, but if you can access / adjust the weights, I wonder if you can swap some smaller ones on or maybe grind them down to make them smaller maybe?

I did this to one of my Stern ones. I tried everything and couldn't get the shake down to what I wanted so I just trimmed about an eighth of an inch off the weights with a cutoff wheel. Really happy with how it turned out. Reduced it just enough but if I wanted even less I could have trimmed more.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

i can say this, I have the pinball life one in my IronMan:VE and haven't had to tape or do any mods of any sort due to rattles or shakes. I would return both of red tremors to coin taker, but its not their fault. Im sure these will be fine once I tone them down.

Don't judge the shake by the amount of rattle you get on a game. Each game is different. For instance, I only have the stern shakers in my games and out of the 6 I've installed only 2 of those games didn't have glass and back glass rattling. Some tape on the glass and felt strips on the backglass and it's all quite again.

Quoted from Zorak:

Well, hopefully the supplier will give me my money back for the one I bought at the next show. I could go through the steps of grinding the weights, reinstalling it, checking, moving the weights, checking again, adding the controller, etc. but my opinion is that as the end customer I shouldn't have to re-engineer something just to make it do what it's advertised to do in the first place. If they won't take it back from me without a receipt (bought it at a show) I'll have one for sale: "Cointaker Red Tremor shaker motor for sale... went off once, too violently. Reduced price!"

I'd actually argue it is doing exactly what is advertised. You bought a "tremor" shaker Vendors could never produce a shaker that meets 100% of users desires as everyone likes different amounts of shake. Some like a faint shake while others want the game walking along the floor. If anyone wants to complain to anyone about the amount of shake we really should look at the pinball manufactures. It would be pretty easy to code in a setting that allows users to adjust the amount of shake the game gets (not just how often it goes off) so I'm actually surprised it's not in settings already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-tame-cointakers-shaker-motor?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.