Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jsa
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Special thanks to bryan_kelly for showing us how, and high_end_pins for the photos to fill in the blanks.

#2 2 years ago

Very well done, man!

#3 2 years ago

Nice video.

#5 2 years ago

Those guys had WAY too much coffee.

#6 2 years ago

I couldn't take my eyes off the cat

#7 2 years ago

Your cat tho.

#8 2 years ago

The cat, I know... She is lazy as hell. Her brother comes in at one point in the video and by comparison he seems like he's on crack.

#9 2 years ago

I thought that the video was going to be brYan doing the teardown, but once I saw it, the first thing that came to my mind was "no way, that old man has never moved that fast!

nice video. so how long did it actually take to you perform the tear-down and restore?

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

so how long did it actually take to you perform the tear-down and restore?

We received the BoP about eight/nine months ago. The cabinet work took us all summer and most of the fall to complete.

The actual teardown began in the beginning of December. Considering I only turned the camera on when working (though I forgot during a few sessions), and over 29,000 photos were shot (one every five seconds), that means we spent over 40 hours on the tear-down and reassembly. Realistically, since the cleaning of parts and re-wiring/soldering harnesses and assemblies aren't pictured, I'd say double that for everything, so probably 80-90 hours of work.

Since it was finished, I've probably put another week or so into it, as I've debugged elements and added some features (GI/LED OCD boards, Pinduino, etc). Bride of Pinbot 2.0 is waiting in the wings. We're enjoying the original game restored like this too much to install 2.0 at this point. Perhaps soon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
£ 79.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside