Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Maken
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

eatpm.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

I was thinking of making a topic on this too. I got Gold Ball about a month ago, the legs are sound, but they're loaded with scratches, dings, scrapes, and some of them seem to be going into rusting on those parts.

Would those even be worth removing the paint from, then trying to remove the rust to then re-paint, or would it be more cost effective selling them to someone who already had the equipment/supplies to do this and get a new set. I know I've seen a few places around that have new bally early80s powder coated gray legs.

#19 9 years ago

Well I heard stripping/removing rust from old legs and then powder coating them at some business was fairly close to a new set. Then again I have no idea where you can find a $10 leg either. I found one place but it was like $75 for the same set and I have no idea what the shipping was on it. That was kind of why I asked since I don't have the tools of equipment to do that kind of stuff or most things. I can do very basic cleaning and repair(solder) work and that's about it.

#21 9 years ago

Not bad, that's the site (forgot which it was) which has the stock style legs and I was off on the price it's $55. $13.75 a leg +($15.85 USPS Priority shipping) I imagine is pretty nice compared to the DIY or shop out approach as mine have seen better days. As it stands it's the worst thing left eye sore wise about it. Maybe that $75 was me roughly remembering the price with shipping and I was a few dollars high.

#24 9 years ago

Hah wow brutal shipping charges. Funny UPS being that high because they also tack on other fees and border customs tolls too if not at the border when they deliver. I've seen plenty of bitching about that on a game forum people from Canada demanding USPS as they'll not take a UPS box.

#27 9 years ago

That's what it was, never had it totally explained. We would at the game forum the times I'd mail up there just never use the UPS people, just USPS, and even then some people liked to dodge customs and want a $10 declaration on the box to not get hit with a high import tax which is also inane.

UPS screws us here too, hell and i'm in their home base of Louisville. They like to get stuff to destinations early and they refuse to let you go to the local drop area to pick it up, nor will they send it out. They'd rather sit on stuff for days because the buyer didn't pay to have the privilege of faster service. I refuse to use them, but I on rare occasion get stuck with someone else using them and it's usually fury inducing stupidity like that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-strip-powder-coated-legs?tu=Tanooki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.