(Topic ID: 77139)

How to stop Stern and JJP trolling on Pinside?

By PanzerFreak

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 282 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MTPPC
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-742.jpeg
    imagesCAMCHZYU.jpg
    image.jpg
    check.jpg
    troll2.jpg
    Alec Baldwin 628.jpg
    terminalec.jpg
    stay on topic.jpg
    shut it down.png
    22.jpg
    keep-calm-and-use-paragraphs-1.png
    shut it down.png
    st2.jpg
    Famous-Sayings_fat+lady+sings-Kumbaya.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#171 10 years ago

I'll say this,
    I have many hobbies, cars, trucks, arcade, pinball, fish tanks, RC helicoptors, gadgets and the list changes daily.

This site is one of the most informative, but it's also one of the most rude opinionated sites of the 20+ forums i belong to.
    Some of you guys whine about the same crap day in and day out. There is a few members that it would benefit the community here to ban and for me to be relatively new here and mostly read not post to notice, that means the rest of you surely know who i'm talking about.

While i like it here reading posts, it surely could have less drama.

Read the comments on engadget or another tech blog after an apple or samsung article, they are brutal. That's what some of you guys sound like. May be an enlightening experience of how some look.

Ever since the remake of MM was announced it really has escalated.

#174 10 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Since you are apparently an expert, can you give us some examples of large, online communities like Pinside that do a great job "showing people the door"? Unless it's a dictatorship, there must be a committee and some kind of "code of ethics" that everyone agree's to.

Many forums are owned by people not companies.
    You follow their rules or you are out. It's really that simple.
    You don't "have" to be allowed, it's a privilege not a right.
    Some take it too far, some not far enough and some just right.

Warnings happen all the time, so do temporary and then permanent bannings.

With cars there are a million forums you can always find a new one, pinball, not so much.
    Make an example out of a few of people that just don't quit and set an example. The people that need this place will tone back their attitudes.
    I belong to enough forums to know it works.

Examples:
    Stangnet, explorerforums, reefcentral (fish tanks not weed, sorry guys) svtperformance.

I'd also note that a fair amount of threads made here are meant to be controversial from the get go. Which is far worse than it just incidentally happening.

#278 10 years ago

I personally like the price police.
    If your price is fair market value it works for you, if it's high it works against you.

I see as many positive comments on well priced pins and i do negative comments for overpriced pins.

While i don't sell pins (don't own enough to sell), i've sold many other things. If you do research before you price it, shouldn't really have worry about the price police.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-stop-the-stern-and-jjp-trolling-on-pinside?tu=jcar302 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.