(Topic ID: 76257)

How To Stop The Shaker Motor Cabinet Rattle?

By Pintoxicated

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by _litz
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM00570.jpg
    DSC_0003.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintoxicated.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Guys,

Does anyone have a tried and trusted method of deadening or totally removing the cabinet rattle noise when the shaker motor is going in a Stern machine?

I love the shaker motor but the cabinet rattle is starting to give me the dirts.

#3 10 years ago

My ACDC Premium still vibrates/rattles with the playfield glass removed. I am not sure of it is the playfield itself vibrating on the playfield slide rails mounted on the cabinet.

#8 10 years ago

Tried the coin box, it wasn't that either. I will have a look at the speaker panel and the backglass.

My problem is that I need someone to stick their head in the cabinet whilst I activate the shaker during gameplay or vice versa.

#16 10 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. I will definitely tighten up that rod cause the shaker itself seems noisy. The shaker in my machine did come from Pinball Life.

I reckon there is a good chance the play field itself is vibrating pretty heavily which in turn is making things like the Canon and train rattle as well.

7 months later
    #30 9 years ago

Tightening the rod did the trick on my machine. The shaker itself doesn't make a sound anymore.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintoxicated.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-stop-the-shaker-motor-cabinet-rattle?tu=pintoxicated and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.