(Topic ID: 16659)

How to stop the ball from hitting the glass.

By Turkey_Robinson

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I've got a post with a rubber on it near a ramp on my Genesis. Almost every time you hit this post the ball flies up and hit's the glass. If it weren't in a prime location it wouldn't be a problem but it happens repeatedly when you play the game. Is there any tricks on making sure the ball stays on the play field when it hits this post?

#2 11 years ago

move up the rubber higher on the post? or maybe your post is bent back, take it out and straighten it? my 2 thoughts. good luck.

#3 11 years ago

Put a washer in-between the playfield and the bottom of the post to raise it up a hair?

Sounds like the ball is hitting too much of the upper part of the round rubber and causing it to get airborne.

#4 11 years ago

Possible the post is bent backwards a bit? Are the flipper coils the right ones? Do you have a picture?

#5 11 years ago

dont hit the post so much..

#6 11 years ago

Play with the glass off

#7 11 years ago

Thanks everyone! The are all great ideas!

My hat goes off to Nibbles, the washer idea is brilliant and works like a charm.

Thank's again!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Wanted
$ 29.99
Lighting - Other
Pinlights
Other
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-stop-the-ball-from-hitting-the-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.